Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Den318

Benchwarmer
No need to hate on Melo. His playoff record speaks for him. He will forever be a loser. He will never win anything with his selfish iso ball.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I think with Kidd around, Melo will play a lot like in the Olympics, moving without the ball to get easy scoring opps. Though in crunch time, you will see a lot of iso clear outs. It's the way of the league now. You just hope he has enough gas in a possession to possession type ball game. Kidd helped Dirk reinvent his game, from an Avery back to the basket, where triples basically called it a game, to an offensive game that had more flare, where he was a threat any where across half court.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
No need to hate on Melo. His playoff record speaks for him. He will forever be a loser. He will never win anything with his selfish iso ball.
Come on, shake your body baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer Come on, shake your body baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer

Come on, shake your body, baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger Don't you fight it till you've tried it Do the conga beat

Everybody gather 'round now Let your body feel the heat Don't you worry if you can't dance lLet the music move your feet It's the rhythm of the island And like sugarcane, so sweet If you want to do the conga yYou've got to listen to the beat

KingCharles34

All Star

I just turned you red with one neg
reputation_neg.gif
:lol:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

The Knicks will far exceed anything the Denver Nuggets accomplish this year. I will buy a used handkerchief for you on Ebay to assist you in the cleansing of your discontent with their sh!ttyness.

I dare say that someone who purposely registered on a Knicks site just to badmouth a basketball player, is the type of person that would fit the profile of 'forever being a loser'. :whatever:

elcol

Rotation player

Most of us join the knicks because we want to talk or read bball, you join because you are eternally stuck on Melos ballsack. your forum behavior reflects how you act in the real world too. The average ko member lives their life ****ing beautiful ladies and getting the perennial money while you sit there boiling in your resentment for someone who has far more money, recognition, and talent than you.

it sucks to see another person live life with hatred but maybe when you get banned soon enough you will figure out how to be a better human being.

Get rid of this guy mods...he is spamming because he says the same damn thing in every single post lol

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Most of us join the knicks because we want to talk or read bball, you join because you are eternally stuck on Melos ballsack. your forum behavior reflects how you act in the real world too. The average ko member lives their life ****ing beautiful ladies and getting the perennial money while you sit there boiling in your resentment for someone who has far more money, recognition, and talent than you.

it sucks to see another person live life with hatred but maybe when you get banned soon enough you will figure out how to be a better human being.

Get rid of this guy mods...he is spamming because he says the same damn thing in every single post lol

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool:
Thats us dog!

metrocard

Legend
I was a Melo hater; but dare I say I'm slowly becoming a Melo supporter?

Hard for me right now, always wanted him to play for Puerto Rico in FIBA, seeing him in the USA jersey burns me.

Just imagine the tons of looks and point Melo would rack up on the PR team that's mostly a bunch of point guards and two goofy 7"2 guys. PR would finally be able to defeat Greece and become a top 4 FIBA team.

Melo is basically unstoppable in FIBA play, always been. His style of play is perfect because the 3pt line is shorter and that where he is most deadly. 18-20, you can't beat him.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I was a Melo hater; but dare I say I'm slowly becoming a Melo supporter?

Hard for me right now, always wanted him to play for Puerto Rico in FIBA, seeing him in the USA jersey burns me.

Just imagine the tons of looks and point Melo would rack up on the PR team that's mostly a bunch of point guards and two goofy 7"2 guys. PR would finally be able to defeat Greece and become a top 4 FIBA team.

Melo is basically unstoppable in FIBA play, always been. His style of play is perfect because the 3pt line is shorter and that where he is most deadly. 18-20, you can't beat him.

METRO...respect on the PR question, but homey was born in BK, man. Slowly, he's a Knick for better or worse. Accept him into your bosom.

Lol hes like should i play with goofy guys or team usa hmmmm

Ban this pice of...

very-big-dump-on-the-beach.jpg

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo Anthony = Charles Barkley???

After the 1992 Olympic Games Charles Barkley had his best season as a professional basketball player winning the 1993 NBA MVP award and leading his team to the NBA Finals and putting up ridiculous(Melo's voice) numbers in the process. Being around proven winners Jordan, Bird, Magic and other Dream Team members, Barkley was on a mission from Opening Night til his season ended.

Carmelo Anthony is seeing a similar type of situation. Kobe Bryant who Carmelo is great friends with sees something in Melo no one else does the fact that Carmelo can be an NBA Champion and MVP if put in the right situation. LeBron James and Kevin Durant often argued as the 2 best players not only in the NBA but in the world are coming off of a NBA Finals battle that has to put some type of fire inside of Melo's heart. On top of that, he's being called everything he is not and looked at as a cancer to any NBA Franchise and not a guy who can lead a team to a title.

All things Charles Barkley went through

Barkley average 25.6 points, 12.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists on 52% shooting and lead the Phoenix Suns to a 62-20 record

If Carmelo can average 25.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists on 50% shooting and lead the Knicks to a 55-27 record and a top 2 seed in the East and LeBron or Durant dont get gassed by the media all year, I can see Melo winning NBA MVP similar to how Derrick Rose came out of now where and won it after averaging 25-7-4

If the Knicks then get past the East and the Miami Heat they will likely face the Thunder, Lakers, Clippers or Spurs in the Finals whom I think we can defeat if we're firing on all cylinders.

Regardless this scenario looks so similar, Barkley whom people claimed was not in Jordan's realm let along world showed the world he is a force to be reckoned with and still not quite in Jordan's realm but not as far as people say he was. This is Carmelo's chance to prove he is up there with LeBron and Durant as a top player in the world and not just the NBA.

Anyone watching closely sees a new guy, a new player someone who is playing hard every possession and I'm looking forward to seeing this theory come to fruition.

BarkleyandCarmelo.jpg

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Melo has always reminded me of Barkley, more so now with the bulk and his ability to play in the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Chuck Barkley played 51 playoffs games in his first 6 seasons, Melo has 54 games in the playoffs over his 9 year career.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@CA7: frankly, I expect Carmelo to have the best season is his career, considering how hard he's been working this offseason, how good he's been playing for the national team I believe he'll be one the main candidates to the MVP award this upcoming season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Chuck Barkley played 51 playoffs games in his first 6 seasons, Melo has 54 games in the playoffs over his 9 year career.

Comparing a star-Melo to a multi-positional super-star Charles Barkley puts this Post (in a 1 to 10 average) at a level-2

Its hard to match Melo performance with any of the previous ex-star players in the NBA, because defense was a must in the NBA (back then) along with hand contact defenders.

Charles Chuck Barkley were the toughest of all the players on the USA Olympic Team, and that includes Karl Malone, Ewing, and David Robinson.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Comparing a star-Melo to a multi-positional super-star Charles Barkley puts this Post (in a 1 to 10 average) at a level-2

Its hard to match Melo performance with any of the previous ex-star players in the NBA, because defense was a must in the NBA (back then) along with hand contact defenders.

Charles Chuck Barkley were the toughest of all the players on the USA Olympic Team, and that includes Karl Malone, Ewing, and David Robinson.

Yeah but Charles was average at defending his position 1:1.

He was a bully though, wasn't afraid to through an odd elbow, just an intimidator on the glass and a great scorer.

I can kinda see the comparison, body type-wise and re scoring but that's all.

They play/played different positions and have different games overall.

I don't think Melo is better than Barkley.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
If there is player from the past you could compare Melo to it's Dominique Wilkins. Same position, great scorers, both perennial losers. Altough Nique' was far more exciting player to watch. His duels with Jordan/Bird were legendary.