Why so much hate for Carmelo?

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Kiyaman said:
yeah yeah yeah .... let me know when ISO-Melo learns how to co-exist with his teammates on both sides of the court. ISO-Melo is another ISO-Marbury in every sense .. how many Knicks teammates did Marbury have Isiah get rid of???

Tell me how iso-kobe won 5 championships.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Kobe also plays defense.

If Melo brought the same intensity on defense that Kobe does, Melo's Iso ball would be an easier pill to swallow.

But as it is today, Melo exists on this planet for no other reason than to put shots up.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
orangeblobman said:
Kobe also plays defense.

If Melo brought the same intensity on defense that Kobe does, Melo's Iso ball would be an easier pill to swallow.

But as it is today, Melo exists on this planet for no other reason than to put shots up.

Not sure if you were watching the melo on no D antoni or the melo on woodsons team. His defense obviously improved, and honestly bro no one cares about your opinion anymore why do you still post on here?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Not sure if you were watching the melo on no D antoni or the melo on woodsons team. His defense obviously improved,

Yea, he can play D, the thing is that he picks and chooses. It's when he feels like it. He had a good burst of energy after the coaching change, but watch him this season.

Over his Denver years, maybe the biggest knock was that he takes possessions off on D. He's just chillin' out there, waiting for the next turn up the court so he can put a shot up.

Kiyaman

Legend
They did run the triangle but at the end of the day kobe was one of the biggest iso players in the league

At the end of the day .. which is CRUNCHTIME the final 5 minutes everyone luv a ISO-MJ, ISO-Kobe, ISO-Lebron, ISO-Durant to win the game .. but nobody wants a ISO-Melo throughout the entire first 45 minutes of the game.

Match Lin's offer and work on trading Melo out of NY :thumbsup:

munco

Benchwarmer
Melo gets hate because we haven't been winning. It's as simple as that. You win, people are happy and you get all the glory. You lose and the team's biggest star will get the most blame.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;243006 said:
That's not entirely true. There were sympathetic posts made.

All this whining about racism isn't well founded either, Jim. There were unquestionably those of the same descent as yourself that were unimpressed with Melo at stages throughout the season. They, presumably, get a free pass in your estimation. Whoever it may be that complained about Melo is in no way correlated to racism. If it is, if it is outright and clearly racist, then someone will sort it out. You can play watch dog, if you so please.

Also, if you're still bitter about being insulted during the Starbury wars, it's not necessary to bring down the site. There are a lot of major contributors here, the majority of whom are very intellectual, in depth and thought provoking.

So can the racism. It defiles the site.

Also, if you could find it in yourself to stop saying that the site's members are low IQ fake fans, that would be super duper.

Yessah massah, I's will's do's wat's yous says is bes, yessah:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
I thought the style of play when the Knicks went 18-6 to finish the season was where the realistic expectations would have been for this upcoming season if we could have kept him here (we still have time technically to match, probably unrealistic though). The Knicks were less about Linsanity & more about half court style fundamental basketball. It wasn't all Melo-iso either. There was a good balance of post ups down low with Melo, & utilizing Lin & Tyson in the PnR with kickouts to Novak & some transition baskets mixed in with Landry running the wing. Ironically it was when STAT came back to the roster that the Knicks didn't play as well if I remember correctly, & yet there was no backlash against STAT in the same manner that Melo got when the team struggled when he returned after the initial Linsanity run. I guess the more direct correllation between Melo's return & the team's sudden struggling was much more apparent at that point, but once again you can see the double standard that Knicks fans have towards Melo.

I got it figured out, I figured it out a long time ago hmmmm.....

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Kiyaman said:
At the end of the day .. which is CRUNCHTIME the final 5 minutes everyone luv a ISO-MJ, ISO-Kobe, ISO-Lebron, ISO-Durant to win the game .. but nobody wants a ISO-Melo throughout the entire first 45 minutes of the game.

Match Lin's offer and work on trading Melo out of NY :thumbsup:

No at the end if the day kobe was on of the biggest iso players in the league...

As a Knick fan who has lived in Denver the last 10 years let me tell you why Melo frustrates me (no hate here). These are things I noticed while he played for the Nuggets and you all are starting to see first hand.

1. Listen to his interviews. Everything is always 'I', 'myself', 'me' when things are going good but turns into 'them', 'people', etc when things go bad.

2. He will have a 20 game stretch where he will dominate in all aspects of the game. Offensively, defensively, rebounding, hustle...and then he just becomes an offensive player for the next 20 games.

3. I know this has been beaten to death but when you force the team you are being traded to gut their roster and then sign a contract limiting the teams ability to sign top tier free agents don't call the contract of somebody else ridiculous.

4. He has never really taken responsibility for his actions. When he was arrested at the Denver airport with weed he claimed it was a friends and that friend took the fall. When he was arrested for allegedly drunk driving in Denver the cops just swept it under the rug (look up how corrupt the DPD is if you don't believe me). When he forced his trade to New York he kept telling people in Denver that he never really wanted this and he was sad it came to this.

All in all, the guy is extremely frustrating. He seems like a cool cat and he obviously has tons of talent (I'd say top three). He does not love the game though. He loves the things the game provides: money, fame, power (in the knicks front office). I think he could have been a hell of a ball player and a better person but he has been coddled his whole life and never had to own up to anything. Same as Lebron and Kobe but they love the game in a way that Melo never will...

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
Be lucky Im not the GM .... Melo would be traded while playing on the USA Team.

Lin/Fields/Novak were suppose to be resigned .. JR givin walkin papers if no team want a sign n trade for his contract.

:smokin:Melo one n half season as a Knicks shouldve been traded :smokin: while on the USA Team

Please for the foreseeable future refrain from posting about Melo due to the fact that your obvious bias and contempt towards him makes you incapable of providing any logical arguments or reason on the subject

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;243369 said:
No matter how hard you push, no one is going to give you the race war you want. Go to YouTube, embarrass yourself there.

Perfect. Then how about getting off your little power trip and stop trying to tell me how to think, what to post, and what to do. In the USA we have a little thing called the 1st Amendment. Look it up if you haven't heard of it. This is an open discussion board. When posters disagree with you, it doesn't automatically mean they are wrong and it's your right to hurl insults at them like you did to me. Didn't your mama teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself???? Probably not. And keep my name outcha mouth moving forward. Thank You.

STAT1

Starter
I hate Melo.

The dude is a drama-queen and can't win playoff games. PERIOD.

I beg to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Iv8sMiYgI

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290513007
Nuggets coast past Mavs to capture series 4-1

Associated Press
DENVER -- Chauncey Billups is taking his hometown team to new heights with a big assist from Carmelo Anthony.

Behind 30 points from Anthony and 28 from Billups, the Denver Nuggets beat the Dallas Mavericks 124-110 on Wednesday night to wrap up their semifinal series in five feisty games.

dal.gif
den.gif

So, the Nuggets are leaving all the animosity with the Mavericks' players, fans and owner behind and heading to their first Western Conference finals since 1985.

The Nuggets, who are 8-2 in the playoffs after tying their franchise record with a 54-win regular season, will face either Los Angeles or Houston for the conference championship.

"It's special. We worked hard in the offseason and training camp and throughout," Anthony said. "We stuck to everything, we overcame adversity, we stayed humble and our hard work paid off."

Winners of 16 straight games at the Pepsi Center, where no opponent has won since March 9, the Nuggets would start their next series on the road if the Lakers win, and at home if Houston does. The Lakers lead the series 3-2 with Game 6 Thursday night in Houston.

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said the combination of Billups, a proven winner, and Anthony, "who's just taking quantum leaps as a great player and leader," makes the Nuggets a true title contender.
"These guys are legitimate, a legitimate championship-caliber team," Carlisle said. "They've got a great shot. They've got a real opportunity."

The Nuggets didn't dare dream of this type of success when the season began following the departures of defensive stalwarts Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

"Sometimes when you're forced to come together and fight together and persevere, your best qualities come forward," Denver coach George Karl said.

The impetus for the transformation came when the team made its biggest trade ever, Allen Iverson to Detroit for Billups, who turned his hometown team from an afterthought into a championship contender after leading the Pistons to six straight Eastern Conference finals and the NBA championship in 2004.

"We love Allen, Allen's family," Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke said. "But as Allen has said many times it's still a business. Chauncey was right for us, with the different personalities we have on the club Chauncey was a really important part."

"He's a leader," Anthony said of Billups. "He came on this team and he brought a businesslike attitude to our team. He brought a defensive mindset we were looking for."

Fired up from the ugliness on and off the court in Dallas in Games 3 and 4, the Nuggets came out in front of their home crowd with a passion and shot 64 percent in the first half while building a 69-55 lead.

The Mavericks wouldn't go down easily, though, making five straight 3-pointers, three by Jason Kidd, to pull within 79-72.

The Mavericks were within 103-97 with 7 minutes left but Anthony took the inbounds pass and with 2 seconds on the shot clock, hit a turnaround 25-foot jumper at the buzzer. Antoine Wright was assessed a technical and Billups' free throw made it a 10-point game with 6:35 left.

"That Melo 3 was a killer," Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki said. "We get the technical on top. Back to 10 points."

"I don't know how he hit that shot," Billups said.

Anthony said it was pure luck. "Yeah, that was a spark," Anthony said. "If I told you I knew it was going in, I'd be lying to you. That was a lucky shot. It went in. I think that shot right there sparked the momentum for us."
Carlisle called Melo's shot a microcosm of the series, where Denver had an answer to almost everything the Mavericks threw out.

"In the final analysis, Denver's a better team," Carlisle said. "And they showed it throughout the series."

Nowitzki had his usual monster game, scoring 32 points -- he averaged 34.4 in the series -- and Kidd added 19.

J.R. Smith scored 18 points for Denver, which is starting to get recognized as this year's feel-good story.

"It's not over, we're still on the road man," Billups said. "We are moving on to bigger and better things and hopefully we can remain successful."
Karl said it's not too early for the Nuggets to believe they can be champions.

"I think our team is a good basketball team, a very good basketball team. And I have a feeling that we're not going to be messed up by the next round. We're going to make a team beat us," Karl said. "We can live with that. But we're not going to give it to anybody. We're going to go after it."

Karl said that for all Anthony's accolades, including an NCAA championship at Syracuse as a freshman in 2003 and a gold medal at the Beijing Games last summer, Wednesday was a red-letter day in Anthony's career because he was named to the All-NBA team and won another playoff series. "These two awards tonight solidify how good he is," Karl said. "You can start to put Melo in that group of winners and not just great players," Billups suggested.

Before the game, the NBA said it wouldn't punish anybody over the ugly incidents that occurred on and off the court in the games in Dallas, which included Mavs owner Mark Cuban throwing a fit after a non-call helped Denver win Game 3, when he also yelled at Kenyon Martin's mother.
Cuban, who skipped Game 5 to attend an awards ceremony in Las Vegas, had written in his blog this week that the Nuggets' families and friends could sit in his private suite "when the series returns to Dallas." The Nuggets won't be going back to Texas. They have bigger plans, thanks to Anthony and Billups.

CA7

Scoring Champ
In regards to the Kobe-Melo discussion. Melo has always looked up to Kobe & considered him his big brother. A few similarities shown in the way they play on offense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJr-289JX4

Kobe vs Melo playoffs 2009 game 2 (anyone who still moans & groans that they'd rather have Danilo Gallinari than Melo are smoking the bath salts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEHoWhvoAU&feature=player_detailpage

yo if we get 2008-2010 STAT and Melo its a ****in rap

STAT1

Starter
yo if we get 2008-2010 STAT and Melo its a ****in rap

That's the biggest thing I'm hoping for this year. Maybe for once a move the Knicks make turns out to be great for us. Maybe letting Lin go & bringing Felton back will pay dividends? That's what I'm hoping for the most. HOPING, which is a big hope at that. I'll be happy if we can get STAT playing to 80% of what he was when he first got here. Last year he was a complete disappointment for me.