Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Barkley? No. Even statistically.

Will Melo come off an olympics and have the season of his life? Maybe! I f*cking hope so! Other than that I don't see any correlation or reason for comparison.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I'm just glad that Glenn Robinson comparison is dead. Melo is proving that he is elite and he is doing it amongst the elite. Im so happy he's a knick

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Jeeeeeeussssss.......Did someone really just say that Melo has proved himself in the Olympics so far by doing it against the elite? :barf:

How about we let the guy perform at a consistent superstar level for....1....season in NYC, and take us outta the first round of the playoffs before we anoint him with these comparisons to NBA and NYK legends.....

Give the guy a chance and let him produce, or not.

The hyperbole supporting Melo is the same as the hyperbole against him.

The only difference is, the hyperbole against him is more reasonable to be occurring since the burden of proof (so to speak) is on the player (Melo) to produce and prove it wrong.....and he has yet to do so.

Personally, I think Melo is a ****ing dog. A supremely talented one, and a very good player, but a dog, on and off the court. And one that can do damage to a franchise's chances of thriving, as a result of his nature and what he demands out of a franchise (both in on the court and in the checking account).

But if he lights up the league and evolves his game, like every potentially great player has to do to truly become great......I'll be among the first to notice the change and rep it hard.

Den318

Benchwarmer
If there is player from the past you could compare Melo to it's Dominique Wilkins. Same position, great scorers, both perennial losers. Altough Nique' was far more exciting player to watch. His duels with Jordan/Bird were legendary.

Sir Charles would be insulted. Charles wouldn't quit on his coach or team. Sir Charles give it his 100% every game. Something Melo will never learn or understand. Melo= C.B in only 1 thing. Both are without a ring.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
If there is player from the past you could compare Melo to it's Dominique Wilkins. Same position, great scorers, both perennial losers. Altough Nique' was far more exciting player to watch. His duels with Jordan/Bird were legendary.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Smh I did not compare them stat wise or skill wise but they were both in the same position and I can see Melo having similar results to what Barkley did after the 92 Olympics, why the **** do we have to be ass holes about everything

KingCharles34

All Star
That fat loser Barktree had one mvp season. Its not like he ever won a championship. Melo would toy with and embarrass a prime Barkley, he woulda undeniably had been a champion had he played back then

orangeblobman

Rotation player
That fat loser Barktree had one mvp season. Its not like he ever won a championship. Melo would toy with and embarrass a prime Barkley, he woulda undeniably had been a champion had he played back then

0.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Level 2 thread

There were no teams in the East or West that were capable of punking Barkley into being a consistant first round knock-off team.
6.6 round-mound Barkley were the only player in the league that gave Olyjuwan (4 quarters of) problems in every match-up.

And Homeboy who compared Melo to Bernard King has really lost-it .. big time.
Bernard King & Cartwright took Larry Bird's Championshp crew to the final 20 seconds in the 7th game of the playoffs.

REAL TALK
My biggest problem with Melo is the terrible relationship on n off the court with teammates. The same problem I had with Marbury on the Nets/Suns/and Knicks .. teammates step up their level of performance as soon as Marbury & Melo are off the team, or side line with injuries.
:gony:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
.. teammates step up their level of performance as soon as Marbury & Melo are off the team, or side line with injuries.
:gony:

We witnessed a great example of that over the 9-1 Linsanity run. Suddenly, everyone knew how to play ball again. And just as suddenly, they all forgot.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
The problem is besides Tyson, guys pretty much stopped moving once Melo got the ball. Ronnie Brewer made a great point on ESPN NY recently:

ON PLAYING WITH CARMELO: Brewer also believes he can help Anthony, who has a widley-held reputation as a ball-stopper. He told Smith and Ryan Ruocco that one key to playing with Anthony is to avoid standing around and watching like you're at the 'theater.'

"You have to be able to move without the basketball, get in the open spots and make the game easier for him," Brewer said. "Instead of him having to take tough shots, you penetrate, you get him the ball and start to get him easy shots where he doesn't have to work so hard."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolClyde

The problem is besides Tyson, guys pretty much stopped moving once Melo got the ball. Ronnie Brewer made a great point on ESPN NY recently:

ON PLAYING WITH CARMELO: Brewer also believes he can help Anthony, who has a widley-held reputation as a ball-stopper. He told Smith and Ryan Ruocco that one key to playing with Anthony is to avoid standing around and watching like you're at the 'theater.'

"You have to be able to move without the basketball, get in the open spots and make the game easier for him," Brewer said. "Instead of him having to take tough shots, you penetrate, you get him the ball and start to get him easy shots where he doesn't have to work so hard."

that's genius in a nutshell.
:beer:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Brewer is in for a rude awakening. After his 5th consecutive penetration is ignored he will recognize how Melo (jelly) rolls.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tumblr_m61qb2uiZX1rqkbnx.gif