Steph Shooting Form

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
For the past 5 months, I have training. Working on everything in my game. My shooting form is becoming similar to that of Stephon Marbury's. People always say stick to your guns, but this is a very hard form to master. If there is anyone, on this site with pictures or videos that I can look at to help me master this form, please contact me at [email protected]. Thank You.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Well why don't you just watch every single Knicks game and some internet highlights of Starbury knocking down 3's then?

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
That's the thing. I can't find any internet highlights. If you know of any sites. Please post them here or at my e-mail adress, which is posted above.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
!

Dude check the Video/Audio downloads section and look at the Knicks Mix I made, there's a couple clips of Marbury's jumper! 8)

But dude the thing with Marbury is he is very strong and his shot is also based on his style of play (quickness) So you have to have similar game to use it properly....

itpgal_040326_steph.jpg

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
!?

Well it's because Houston's "silky smooth jumper" is for jump shooters only. If you want to have a Stephon Marbury-like style of play, you can't have a slow jumper. It's also difficult to copy properly. :p

031223_allan.jpg

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
John Starks had form and elevation on his shot.Beautiful to watch - MJ had probably the prettiest looking shot along with Allan Houston.

newmove

Rotation player
teslawlo said:
Why doesn't anyone try to imitate Houston's perfect form anymore? ;)
I'd rather say Ray Allen. This guy has got the best j-shot techniques in the League. Undisputed. :lol:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
In the league now I'd say:

Ray Allen, Allen Houston, Richard Hamilton, Michael Redd and That Spreewell fella. Those fellas always have good form even when they miss!

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
None of those guys you mentioned can jump as high as Starks.They are all very good and accurate as hell,but as far as who elevates the highest,hangs in the air momentarily,then releases with perfect arm and wrist follow through,then I'm sticking with MJ Starks and Houston.Kobe watched alot of MJ so his J is silky as well bad shots and all.Ray has a quick release and doesn't hang in the air like these guys I mentioned though he's just as good a shooter.These guys are bigger and stronger than Ray too.

newmove

Rotation player
Oh please, Ray Allen CAN jump, believe me. He's got some aroung 30" of vertical when he shoots jshot. 30" or even more, I tell ya. But I agree with you about MJ. He was really hanging up there in the air though his techniques was not as good as Allen's.