Modric to Real Madrid

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Who really cares? No matter how badly he wants out, he signed a contract and he has to play it out unless Tottenham get the money they're asking for him, which is ?40M.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/10/tottenham-luka-modric-transfer

I keep hearing this "he signed a contract". Yea, I know he signed a contract. Every year a ton of guys with contracts want out, he couldn't predict how his career trajectory would turn out. He wanted to secure himself and his family.

It's absurd that Tottenham values him at 40 million but pays him the wages of a player worth 10 million. How do you feel about that?

And I really care, like I said this is our best talent of this generation and of course you want your guy to play at the highest level if possible. Careers are short and it's every player's dream to play for the biggest clubs in the world.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This Real Madrid team wasnt as good as the one with Zidane etc but i like them.

Maybe not, I can't really speak on it because I did not follow then. Only remember Zidane from World Cup.

I can say that this Real team looked dominant in pre-season!

Today there is some news that they have agreed on a deal for Modric? Could it be done, finally??

I think Little Luka is going to look AMAZING!!! with them!

Pricey

Rotation player
Back then they had Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Carlos, Raul. They were amazing. One of the all time great sides IMO.

Yeah im hearing a fee has been agreed on

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ LOL, almost all radio stations were covering RvP's transfer, it seems like the whole country went bananas about van Persie moving to Manchester. But still, €27M for a guy who could join the team as an FA next year?

Besides, another Ajax defender moves to England... we traded Vurnon Anita to Newcastle for €8.5M (Tottenham bought Vertonghen for €12M earlier this offseason). ****...

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
^ LOL, almost all radio stations were covering RvP's transfer, it seems like the whole country went bananas about van Persie moving to Manchester. But still, €27M for a guy who could join the team as an FA next year?

Besides, another Ajax defender moves to England... we traded Vurnon Anita to Newcastle for €8.5M (Tottenham bought Vertonghen for €12M earlier this offseason). ****...
We couldn't wait til next season though, there was always the chance he might not come to Utd. He was heavily linked to Juventus but they didnt want to pay that much and he was keen to go there. We will sell Berbatov so that would bring it to the $20m mark and for the player of the season last year i think its worth it, especially if we can regain the league.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
RVP on ManU could be dangerous, if he keeps even half his form from last year they're a lock for the title. Goals goals goals all over the place. Hope it works out. Sad to see him go, it was special to watch their season last year.

th3realicon

Rotation player
This Navy Martinez to Bayern saga is getting redicoulous. We signed Song from Arse. Decent depth oriented addition.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yea it's definitely done.

Hey, anyone watching Barca Real today?

You think they'll have him come on for maybe 20 or 30 minutes?

Great game, great chance for him to make an immediate impact.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Real Barca starting now, I'm looking at the tunnel but don't see Luka. I'll keep you posted.

Update: just saw Luka on the bench, word is he is available and it is possible he will make an appearance.

Update 2: as I type this, Higuain with a goal, Real 1-0, maybe one more and Luka can come in in a low-pressure situation?

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
UPDATE: Real 2-0, RONALDO IS A BEAST MOTHER ****ER!!!! WHAT A GOAL.

Bring LUKA ON!!!!!

UPDATE: Red card , Barca playing with 10 men!!! BRING LUKA ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
ahhh

OMFGGGGGGGGGG MODRIC IS GONNA BE ****IGN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH A TAKEAWAY AND THEN ALMOST A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LUKA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
So now he has a trophy and his first start. I watched the Real Granada game and he impressed for the first maybe 20 minutes, but then appeared to run out of gas because they tell us that he is lacking match fitness.

He looks a good fit and everything I expected of him, and I have no doubt that he will have a strong positive impact on Real this season, maybe very much in the Champions League.