2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

• It was f'd.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • It was not f'd.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Short answer:yes
Long answer:yes

I'd go to war anyday with Tyson as my Center over Crybaby and bynoob.

and LOL at Hibbert contending with the Maneater

Chandler has been the perfect center for us. Just never knew why he didn't develop one or two post offensive moves. He has great agility for his size; footwork isn't that hard to teach...just takes time. I'm talking about Chandler like he's 21...lol.

KingCharles34

All Star
Chandler is that dude, hes a true warrior. Its amazing what he did last year for our defense and his impact that he made i think is the biggest reason why he get the DPOY award. It reminded me alot of what KG did in Boston. Other teams probably hate Chandler and especially KG but its a big advantage to have a "dirty" but skilled defensive player protecting the rim. I couldnt even count how many picks Chandler set that i thought were dirty last year, if only Stat took notes. Stat sets the most p*ssy picks I think i've ever seen.

Reactions: CA7

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Anyone watch the olympics? Tyson is amazing. I just see him blocking or altering any shot that comes his way. Plus he rebounds extremely well. He looks a little sharper then he did last season. Plus he's gunna train with hakeem. I'm really hyped.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Tyson Chandler scolds defensive 1st team snub.

LONDON ? Knicks center Tyson Chandler is starting to wonder if sportswriters take their postseason voting chores more seriously than the NBA coaches.
Following Team USA basketball practice yesterday, Chandler reacted publicly to the confusion of his being named to the Second Team All-Defense just a week after being named Defensive Player of the Year.
The media votes on the DPOY Award and the Knicks staged a lavish press conference for the unsung Chandler, who still has not made an All-Star team. What hurt Chandler is that the All-Defense teams are voted by coaches. Chandler figures by now coaches have seen what he brings on the court on the defensive end after winning a championship in Dallas in 2011 and leading the Knicks into the playoffs.

?I was surprised,?? Chandler told The Post. ?I think it was ridiculous. It just shows ? the coaches vote for that. I don?t know if they?re really paying attention on what they?re voting on. I don?t know if they just mark down the names. I don?t understand how I can win Defensive Player of the Year by the media and get second team. The good thing is I get to play against them next year and show them why I should?ve been Defensive Player of Year and show them why I should be on the first team.??

Chandler had an excellent Olympic debut Sunday vs. France, scoring eight points with nine rebounds in just 11 minutes. Though Chandler is the starting center -- and lone pivot on the club -- coach Mike Krzyzewski likes playing his wingmen at the 5. Power forward Kevin Love also had a big second half.
Chandler is likely to make his first All-Star Game this year. But Chandler says, ?It?s always politics.??

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz2280MUV9L

Well, I can only see this as a brilliant thing for the Knicks. An already intensely competitive DPOY with a score to settle. He held All Star opponents well below season averages last year, with a chip on his shoulder, he might just rape them at centre court.

For those of you who think I spelled center wrong, in my defence, I've decided I'm sick of writing the American way, and have reverted to original English. So there! :smokin:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
At first it doesn't make sense, but then we understand why: it's two different groups voting.

So take it for what it is. I would put him 1st team, but what can we do?

CoolClyde

Crazy⑧s;245745 said:
For those of you who think I spelled center wrong, in my defence, I've decided I'm sick of writing the American way, and have reverted to original English. So there! :smokin:

...defense

Kiyaman

Legend
Shumpert not voted to the rookies vs sophmore game was the real Snub of the season for me :barf:

u sound like u didnt watch any Knicks games before "Lin-Sanity" ....
Shump started the 2011-12 season showing great athleticism along
with the poorest decision-making player out of the 2011 draft class.
u dont remember that???

When it comes to Dwight Howard compared to Tyson Chandler on
offense or defense .. Superman will always win.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
All I remember about the Tyson Chandler vs. Dwight Howard debate is that when they matched up against each other, Tyson destroyed him, which is all I need to know!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
u sound like u didnt watch any Knicks games before "Lin-Sanity" ....
Shump started the 2011-12 season showing great athleticism along
with the poorest decision-making player out of the 2011 draft class.
u dont remember that???

When it comes to Dwight Howard compared to Tyson Chandler on
offense or defense .. Superman will always win.
:lol: iv'e watched every single Knicks game through out the 11-12 season matter fact i was in the Game threads every night "hint hint" the amount of posts i have.

I agree Shump did make some poor decisions, name me ONE PLAYER that didn't make poor decisions in the Dantoni's run and gun, feel free to do what you want offense :?. Ok he had some poor decision making plays... he also had bright spots in his game and their were times he made good plays, and thats a plus for me seeing how he was being used terribly wrong under Dantoni and forced to become a Full duty PG because we had no other options Toney douglas sucked and Baron was still injured.. take note the Melo point forward thing wasn't working out so well either

Your a rookie and make some poor decisions and that means you should be excluded for the rookie vs sophmore game? part of being a ROOKIE is coming in the league making mistakes and learning from them. It sounds like your saying "offense alone" determines weather or not you should be in the game... keep in mind Shump was ranked like 5 on the rookie ladder during that time.

Shump was one of the best promising rookies out their with ALOT of potential, arguably the best lock down rookie defender in the league, immediately made his presence felt on the court, took alot of pride in his game and showed alot of poise and determination only to be hindered by nagging injuries.

If your debate is he shouldn't of been selected to the game because of his decision making then a COUPLE rookies shouldn't of been in the game especially Mr "look at me i think im kobe bryant" Marshon brooks dude forced a ton a terrible shots (keep in mind Brooks had missed a fair share of games as well) does that mean he shouldn't of been picked either? :boohoo:

Your talking about Shumpert a guy who finished 5th in rookie of year votings behind irving, Rubio, Leonard and Faried :teeth: please spare me bro.

&

Chandler makes Dwight his B*tch everytime they matchup :smokin:, of course Dwight has an advantage offensively which makes him a better overall center, Mind you Dwight and Bynum have mismatches every night because of the lack of dominant centers left in this league but i don't see Dwight as this so called "superman" because when he matches up against Tyson Chandler his stats gradually decline... #Facts

Last edited:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Look no hate intended but truth be told when Dwight played last year, he was a better defender than Tyson. The narrative is always half of the vote in DPOY and MVP (just ask Rose), and that, combined with Tyson's more consistent play and his head to head VS Dwight got him over the line.

Tyson turned the Knicks defensive philosophy on it's head and made us a force defensively for the first time since the Ewing days. The media jumped all over it and the narrative pushed Chandler slightly infront.

On a side note. Who else is pumped for next season now? So many players out their to prove something. Tyson now energized to show why he should have made the first team defense, Amare looking to fight back and build on his strong but brief showing under Woodson and prove he still has it. Melo looking like a beast in the Olympics on both sides of the ball, hoping to prove he is able to get in perfect shape and reach the NBA elite. Felton is dying to prove he is still a starting caliber PG in this league still and has been working very hard on his defense & conditioning. And to a smaller degree Brewer has stated he will be tenacious on defense and do whatever is needed of him.

KingCharles34

All Star
Lolo Jones
Ok, so run this by me again @tysonchandler, why wont the men's basketball team sleep in the olympic village?

tyson-chandler-lolo-jones-bed.jpg

Looks like Chandlers getting himself some Virgin puss :smokin:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
We showed Stoudemire video working out with Olajuwon. Tyson Chandler said after gold medal win those Hakeem "post" plans are scrapped.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
We showed Stoudemire video working out with Olajuwon. Tyson Chandler said after gold medal win those Hakeem "post" plans are scrapped.

Why did he scrap them? He made a vow in the post game after the Heat beat us that he would work on his offensive game over the summer. I thought Woodson wanted him to work with Hakeem as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA7

Scoring Champ
Why did he scrap them? He made a vow in the post game after the Heat beat us that he would work on his offensive game over the summer. I thought Woodson wanted him to work with Hakeem as well.

Well he's been working with Kiki Vandeweigh who I think Tyson will benefit from more, think about it

if STAT and DPOY are both doing the same **** on O we're in trouble, they need to learn how to play together which means getting different skill sets that benefit both of their styles

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Well he's been working with Kiki Vandeweigh who I think Tyson will benefit from more, think about it

if STAT and DPOY are both doing the same **** on O we're in trouble, they need to learn how to play together which means getting different skill sets that benefit both of their styles

That's a good point. I'm just concerned about his offensive game because we are absolutely F'd if he comes back next year in the same position that he ended the season.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Report: Chandler to skip Hakeem camp

The "Dream Shake" is going to have to wait.

Knicks center Tyson Chandler told reporters in London that he will not attend Hakeem Olajuwon's big man camp this summer.

Amare Stoudemire is currently training with Olajuwon in Houston, and there was speculation that Chandler would join him after the Olympics.

But Chandler told the New York Post that he wouldn't be attending due to "logistical issues."

Chandler has also dealt with injury issues this summer. The reigning Defensive Player of the Year dislocated a finger on his right hand while working out before the Olympics.

He left Team USA's win over Tunisia midway through the fourth quarter after apparently aggravating the injury.

In his Olympic diary for ESPNNewYork.com, Chandler said that he would be "fine."

"For those of you who are worried about my left-hand injury from the Tunisia game, it's feeling better," Chandler said in his Aug. 2 entry. "I dislocated my finger right before Team USA training camp in Las Vegas, and it swelled up on me. I was trying to get in shape and I was playing pickup, and I dislocated it. It is what it is, but I'll be fine."
Knicks Blog - ESPN New York