2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

• It was f'd.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • It was not f'd.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
All news and topics concerning our starting center Tyson Chandler goes here (to avoid clutterness)

Tyson will be presenting team USA this summer and also will be a big apart of our success this season.

Where do you stand on Tyson?

Can Tyson Chandler stay durable throughout the 82 game + playoff season after playing an intense olympic competition

Tyson Chandler is our leader in the locker room and on the court, can he get Carmelo and Amare on the same page?

How many prime years do you see Chandler giving us at 30 years old?

Where do you rank Tyson Chandler against centers in the East?
Where do you rank Tyson Chandler against centers in the NBA?

It's tough for any player at any age to go thru a full season....than take it up a notch or two in the post season.

Tyson, I think can last because he will not be asked to do too much. However, the constant banging down low in the paint will wear you down over time but if he stays in BBall shape he'll out last many centers in the league simply because his contributions will be limited. I wouldn't mind him developing a low post game thou, but I'm not expecting it.

I don't think the olympic games will be that taxing on either of the players, I see it as a workout, staying in shape.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I rank him as a top 3 center in the league. You have Dwight, Bynum and Chandler. And maybe I put Chandler above Bynum because of Bynum's wild inconsistency.

Tyson is just a solid player and he is a true winner. He'll do what he does and he doesn't make mistakes.

He's 30 years old but I see Tyson as a guy that will play at a high level for maybe 6 or 7 more years. I think the league-wide void at the center position will serve to extend his effective years, because even at 36 years old he will be better than the 20 year old bum centers.

If the Knicks have one thing going for them, it's Tyson Chandler.

My dream is that he will come in and start draining the trey bucket, but I always wish this for all our big guys. I'll settle for a consistent baseline jumper, maybe something around the elbow, too. Guy can use some more offensive moves but it's not a deal breaker, G-d knows Melo won't mind picking up the slack in shot volume.

He's proven to be durable and he plays with a lot of knocks. Last year, I remember he bruised his hand pretty badly, but he kept playing. He took some serious falls last season that I can't believe he came back up from. But he did it. Guy's a trooper. I'd like to see him take less of a beating but there is no question that he is durable. Playing Olympics shouldn't set him back too much, it's not something he does every year, so he will have next summer to rest. I think he's still at an age that he can benefit from the Olympics more than they will hurt him. Playing with Melo on the Olympic team can't hurt their chemistry, it can only help their chemistry, so that's all gravy.

So I think he's a Top 3 center, unless I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think I am. I put Howard first, Tyson second, Bynum third. And on any given day, he can ball against Howard and shut him down, so that's great.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I want to see Tyson win defensive Player of the year again :smokin: he has a great opportunity to make it happen

Lebron? just came off his championship i doubt he will be as aggressive as last season

Dwight? Coming off injuries, i don't see him winning it

Ibaka? i feel he has the best chance to challenge Tyson for the tittle. If tyson doesn't win it i got Ibaka getting it.

Who ya'll feel taking DPOY next year?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I want to see Tyson win defensive Player of the year again :smokin: he has a great opportunity to make it happen

Lebron? just came off his championship i doubt he will be as aggressive as last season

Dwight? Coming off injuries, i don't see him winning it

Ibaka? i feel he has the best chance to challenge Tyson for the tittle. If tyson doesn't win it i got Ibaka getting it.

Who ya'll feel taking DPOY next year?

Lebron & Ibaka shouldn't be in serious consideration for the award. If we are being brutally honest, Dwight should have got it last year. It was very close, Tyson brought his game every night but Dwight was inconsistent. However Dwight on his night was the better defensive player. The narrative (converting Knicks to a near elite defensive team) carried Chandler across the line.

But other than those two, no one else should have really been considered. Ibaka is a great shot blocker but other aspects of his defense are pretty shaky at times. Ibaka and Lebron are great defender but it is the ESPN analysts with clear agenda's that brought them into consideration.

metrocard

Legend
Tyson plays against Great Britain tonight, love watching him play with his size and leadership. I won't be able to catch the game since I'm in training camp for my boxing match on the 11th.

Hope you guys can enjoy the game for me.

p0nder

Starter
GL in training camp and the match Metro.

Tyson is #2 in the east, #1 if Dwight goes to the west. Tyson is the man. He is a young 30, doesn't show a lot of age but is very vocal and demanding of his teammates. I believe he won the DPOY more for his influence on the team as a whole then for his individual performance and that speaks volumes for his effectiveness.

Dwight only gets the nod at the #1 spot for his effectiveness as an offensive and defensive player but I feel that Tyson can add that dimension to his game. The extra work with Amar'e and The Dream in the offseason and his time spent with Team USA should encourage growth in his offensive ability. I fully expect Tyson to win DPOY again and I expect that he will come commited to improving his offense, he should average around 10-12 pts a game on 5 or 6 shot attempts, which is exactly what we need to push us over the edge into ELITE team status.

The best part about having Tyson on the team is that his ability to dominate at the Center position gives us a huge advantage over Miami in that area. With a dominant front court we can beat Miami.

Great player, but is he on the right team?

I think he had his best phase alongside Lin and Fields when Melo and especially Amar'e were injured.

I think he was a perfect fit in Dallas. Maybe the signing of Kidd will help him.

Great player, definitely our best big man, probably even our best frontcourt player....

metrocard

Legend
Without Chandler USA's rebounding and interior defense would be hopeless.

I hope we draft a PG and a C in 2013 to be groomed under Kidd, Prigioni, Camby and Tyson

metrocard

Legend
I honestly hope we can trade for another pick into the first round.

Check out these prospecs.

Nerlens Noel (C)
Rudy Gobert (PF)
Alex Abrines (SG)
Ryan Harrow (PG)

If we trade Amare to a lottery team NOW, we can hope for their failure and land a top 3-5 pick.

We'll be more successful with Amare IMO.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i expect him finish atop the DPoY rankings if not at the very top and win it again. this guy is a catalyst and the best rim protector in the league. True winner plays with passion and he's a large reason to why we were able to stay above ground last season. him and Melo seem to be gelling together and working up some chemistry and a nice bond in London, which is amazing.

easily top 3 C

and metro i agree, Amar'e makes us a much better team and i think with him we'll take that leap.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If Dwight gets traded, do we now have the best Center in the East =0, i'd like to see Chandler develop a consistent mid range jumper. I hear he's suppose to be working out with Hakeem next month on his post moves with Stat.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
If Dwight gets traded, do we now have the best Center in the East =0, i'd like to see Chandler develop a consistent mid range jumper. I hear he's suppose to be working out with Hakeem next month on his post moves with Stat.

He might get some competition from Roy Hibbert. He is a great defender and his offense is better than Tyson

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

Not if Bynum goes to Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Short answer:yes
Long answer:yes

I'd go to war anyday with Tyson as my Center over Crybaby and bynoob.

and LOL at Hibbert contending with the Maneater

Reactions: CA7