2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

• It was f'd.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • It was not f'd.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Crazy⑧s;256253 said:
Some crazy Tyson Chandler stats to examine over his last six games, he is 32-of-36 from the floor, averaging 15.3 points, and 9.5 rebounds.

Feed the beast? I don't know, we want Chandler's defense back, but his offense has been a pleasant surprise.

Think of when Shumpert returns, we'll have a slasher who can create shots on offense, take's pressure off Melo and adds speed and complete athleticism to our line up.

Kidd
Shumpert
Anthony
Wallace
Chandler

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'd like to see a little more man to man defense without all the help. Unless Novak is out there it shouldn't be a need to leave your assignment to help out on the perimeter. Too often guys are sliding over to the strong side of the ball and when the ball is swung around to a player standing in the corner they are too far away to get back in time. This was part of the reason Stackhouse killed us the other day.

The rotations have been pretty bad lately. It did improve a bit last game but it hasn't been as good as in the beginning of the season.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I personally would like to see Chandler actually get off the floor and block a shot instead of just standing there with his hands up. Yeah I know he is trying to help other teammates by picking up their man on D and stay away from foul trouble by staying on the floor, but the other teams are picking up on this and he is just looking way too soft on the downlow D. We got good backups, THROW DOWN THE HAMMER ON SOMEONE !!! PLEASE

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
11.6 rebounds and 18 points over the last five games, the Manhandler is BACK!

Obviously, he exploded right after I traded him in fantasy... average of 43.5 FPs over the last week.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Knicks Almost Tried to Trade Chandler

"Amare Stoudemire might be nearing a return to the court with the New York Knicks, but his team might not actually be looking forward to it all that much. The Knicks have jumped out to the best record in the Eastern Conference without Stoudemire this season, and are now discussing him coming off the bench for the team despite his lucrative contract. What?s more, the team aggressively explored trading away the forward this offseason.

?This past summer, the Knicks offered Stoudemire to nearly every team in the league,? Howard Beck writes in the New York Times. The team made the 30-year old forward ?available for free,? according to a rival executive, but were unable to find any takers thanks to concerns about Stoudemire?s health, production and huge contract.

According to Beck, New York explored a trade with Toronto for Andrea Bargnani, but had the deal vetoed by owner James Dolan before it reached the Raptors. There were also discussions of sending Tyson Chandler and Stoudemire to the Magic for Dwight Howard before the All-Star center was shipped to Los Angeles.

Stoudemire has three years and $65 million remaining on his contract. He averaged 17.5 points and 7.8 rebounds per game last season with the Knicks, but the team is under .500 when both he and Carmelo Anthony play together for New York.
"

http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-knic...season-wanted-to-trade-him-for-dwight-howard/

Never mind that Howard sucks as much as Stat right now, the Knicks are nowhere if Chandler is not on this team. He just parks himself at the net and allows the other 4 guys to shoot at will from the perimeter and finishes off missed shots or gets the rebounds.

No Tyson - No effective Offense

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Yea, I remember hearing that when sources were running rampant on Howard ideas. I think if I remember Orlando didn't want to take on long term contracts, wanted a full rebuild.

tiger0330

Legend
When you try to trade an expensive boat anchor (Stat) sometimes you have to trade the boat (TC). Stat is untradeable without offering someone else in the deal.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Dwight is 27 years and the most dominant center in the NBA

Chandler + Amare for Dwight

I wouldn't hate this trade but i wouldn't love it either because Chandler has been great for us.

Dwight + Melo is a nice duo to put pieces around though...

Rob Low

Rotation player
I wouldn't even trade Chandler for Howard straight up. Nobody with Howard's mentality will ever win a title

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Dwight is 27 years and the most dominant center in the NBA

Chandler + Amare for Dwight

I wouldn't hate this trade but i wouldn't love it either because Chandler has been great for us.

Dwight + Melo is a nice duo to put pieces around though...

He sure hasn't played like that this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I wouldn't even trade Chandler for Howard straight up. Nobody with Howard's mentality will ever win a title
This. I'd never trade for Howard, too much of an ego, that could ruin the chemistry within the team. We're good with Tyson and Amare.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This. I'd never trade for Howard, too much of an ego, that could ruin the chemistry within the team. We're good with Tyson and Amare.

Tyson does not possess the physical tools as Dwight but Tyson is smarter and a better team player.

Teams looking for an identity and franchise player would love Dwight (most lottery teams and mid to low playoff teams)

But the teams trying to win want a player like Tyson. The Heat would give their next 3 picks (unprotected) and anything on their roster outside the big 3 for Tyson! Hell they would consider Bosh for Chandler real hard (not that we would)

OKC wishes they had not rescinded on the trade that nearly landed them Tyson. They would trade us just about anything outside of Westbrook and Durant for him.

a team like Brooklyn who is just desperate to become relevant and to sell tickets and Jerseys would want Dwight over Tyson for sure

But Who do you think Greg Popovich would want more on his team out of Dwight and Tyson?

Who do you think Tom Tibbs would want playing on the froncourt w Noah?

Who would Doc Rivers want more to play with KG and Pierce?

Most importantly who do you think Woody would want more!!!!

and if The Lakers were not preparing for Kobe's exodus then they too would take Tyson....they just need a star to replace Kobe in 2 years!

not the best Center in The League just the best Center in The League for our Team!!!!

Vote TC into The All Star starting lineup daily he deserves it!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think we'd be just as good with DH.

read above post and then consider why you think we would be just as good.

I think our team shot blocking numbers would skyrocket with Dwight but overall team defense would take a hit.

Dwight puts up great defensive stats but is not a great defender! His athleticism allows him to block shots and rebound but outside the paint he's not great and one on one he's not good (Curry used to dominate him)

Its like comparing Charles Barkley to Oakley....Barkley's numbers would read he was a better defender but Oak made the better plays on D and helped anchor our D and could stop players one on one way way better.