2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Would you amnesty............Amar'e?!

This is my 2 cents:

there are superstars in this league who have relationships off the court and want to play with each other but above anything else, they want to win.

If you can get lets say CP3 and D12 to commit to wanting to sign with us in 2012, would you just amnesty amare, free up his cap hold back and sign those 2?
As much as CP3 wanted the stat/melo tandem, im sure he'll get over it in a nyc minute, when he sees he can team up with melo/d12. All this is contingent on ofcourse both NO and Orl not trading them during midseason, which im almost 100% sure they will since they dont wanna b lebroned or boshed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I would rather amnesty CA, that has nothing to do with his work on the court, just don't like the guy. Amare gambled, took a risk and joined the organization, Carmelo is kind of LeBron, he would certainly enjoy his own "decision time" show live on ESPN if he got chance to. I didn't want him in a Knicks jersey, so if there is anyone on the roster I want to get rid of, it's definately Carmelo.

Last edited:
Reactions: pat

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
definitely not. and fellas we cant trash the faces of our franchise now. like it or not these guys are the ones that will lead the effort to bring us a title both WANT to be here and both WANT to bring a title here and have sort of made it their goals. so at the very least we owe them our support as fans. Media and shit aside both are top5-10 talents in the entire league so their definitely worth it.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
More to the point

More to the point, we should not trash the two players (Amare and Melo) that wanted to come to and love NYC.

pat

Starter
I would rather amnesty CA, that has nothing to do with his work on the court, just don't like the guy. Amare gambled, took a risk and joined the organization, Carmelo is kind of LeBron, he would certainly enjoy his own "decision time" show live on ESPN if he got chance to. I didn't want him in a Knicks jersey, so if there is anyone on the roster I want to get rid of, it's definately Carmelo.

Couldn't agree more.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Amar'e came here because Phoenix didn't offer him the max. I respect Amar'e and all, but he didn't just come to the Knicks to prove himself as a leader.

As PRiNCE said, let's support them, not talk about shipping them out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Once we FIRE Dantoni the Knicks $100M player Amare's knees
will be safe throughout the remainder of his contract.

If u notice Knicks owner Dolan made some quick decision making during
midseason (Melo-trade) to save his $100M player knees from getting injured
in his first season as a Knicks. Headcoach Dantoni had Amare running for 38
minutes per game (even in back to back games), where other Knicks players
(Gallo, Chandler, and Turiaf) were getting injuries (pulled-muscle) early in the
season from so much running.

The Knicks dont have a player on the roster to use the amnesty-clause on.
Balkman's $1.7M contract is worth every penny on the defensive end of the
court (for STOPS) backing up Melo for 18 to 20 minutes per game.

The amnesty-clause will hurt the Knicks by way of eastern conference
oponents....Miami using it on Millers $6M contract, the Magic using it on
Arenas big contract, Pacers using it on Ford contract, the Cavs who we
are 0-4 against will use it on Baron Davis big contract, Ect., ect..

Paul1355

All Star
Once we FIRE Dantoni the Knicks $100M player Amare's knees
will be safe throughout the remainder of his contract.

If u notice Knicks owner Dolan made some quick decision making during
midseason (Melo-trade) to save his $100M player knees from getting injured
in his first season as a Knicks. Headcoach Dantoni had Amare running for 38
minutes per game (even in back to back games), where other Knicks players
(Gallo, Chandler, and Turiaf) were getting injuries (pulled-muscle) early in the
season from so much running.

The Knicks dont have a player on the roster to use the amnesty-clause on.
Balkman's $1.7M contract is worth every penny on the defensive end of the
court (for STOPS) backing up Melo for 18 to 20 minutes per game.

The amnesty-clause will hurt the Knicks by way of eastern conference
oponents....Miami using it on Millers $6M contract, the Magic using it on
Arenas big contract, Pacers using it on Ford contract, the Cavs who we
are 0-4 against will use it on Baron Davis big contract, Ect., ect..
balkman will never see playing time

Especially with Fields, Shawne Williams, and Derek Williams improving their game( D williams is working on his outside shot and Mike D loves shooting)

All of these guys have a better chance playing than Balkman will.

Balkman will be there in case of injuries and garbage minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
balkman will never see playing time

Especially with Fields, Shawne Williams, and Derek Williams improving their game( D williams is working on his outside shot and Mike D loves shooting)

All of these guys have a better chance playing than Balkman will.

Balkman will be there in case of injuries and garbage minutes.

The Knicks have 9 players under-contract at $60.6M....we are minus 6
players which makes this Post ins@ne

Mike Damnphony dont play any defensive-players....Shawn & Derek talent is
not better than Balkman. I would rather have Balkman defending Lebron/Bosh
switch, or Odom/Gasol switch, or Deng/Boozer switch for 16 minutes a game
rather than watch all the above players score at will on Shawn & Derek
who offense may give us at best 6 pts, 2 rbs in 20 minutes.

Anthony Randolph is an above the rim athletic shotblocker/rebounder/alleyoop/
putback player that Damnphony didnt give garbage time to.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
agreed....

all we need is a PG a future and court vision....and a center who can provde rebounds and block shots...then you won't even be thinking amnesty.

well lets see, we have a future pg with court vision, we have a center to provide rebounds and block shots.......and stat is still stat:shrug:

for every one who was on stat's nuts and praising him, you may take them out of your mouths now, thank you!!!!!
always sell high people always sell high!
ironic caveat however that if we did amnesty stat, we wouldnt have needed to amnesty billups to pick up chandler, thus we wouldnt have picked up jlin, kmart signs with us, etc.....the staturfly effect.

KingCharles34

All Star
At least Melo can score some points, Amare is garbage all around. I would waive him in a hurry, I've been saying this for a while now. The way im feeling right now, F*ck both of them. They're the 2 worst defensive all star caliber players in the league.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Maybe you guys didn't realize this.
You get ONE "amnesty" dump...ONE. Which we ALREADY used on Billups, to sign Chandler. So this thread is as useless, as it is stupid.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
the original objective of this thread was to stir up an interesting debate since the premise was very feasible and realistic (although we would have to substitute Dwill for CP3 since CP3 is gonna resign with the clips)

the resurfacing of this thread was to point out that many of us have been too high on stat and hes peaked and even if he hasnt, the alternative of getting dwill is still the better option.

we know we've already used the amnesty, this is a discussion, ignorance from people like you doesnt contribute much

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Yup, pardon my ignorance. I didn't realize at first this thread was from November. But the fact that it was brought back doesn't make much sense to me either...must be be that damn ignorance of mine again. My apologies.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Wow.. if we amnesty amare, i doubt he will ever show his face in NYC again..

as much as i wouldnt want to see him get waivered, we really could get much better using his salary..