2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

p0nder

Starter
stat seems like good people. He came from humble beginings and made it big time. Happy for another human to have found a partner to share their life with.

Now back to the task at hand Amar'e. Go get another ring.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
these kids are hers or his ? as i remember he was with some bald terminator girl less than 170cm
LOL, these are their kids, a while ago there were some rumors that Amare was banging Ciara (whoever she is :shrug: ), but after that short affair he got back to the mother of his children.

I doubt he'll be back before x-mas although this may seem like the perfect opportunity for him, he still needs to put in quality practices. I really don't want him to rush back. Since its still earily in the season, I want the reserves to get some extra min's and a feel for the team. We need to go into the post season healthy and ready.

bigapple

Starter
nope

gal_amare_amber2.jpg

This is not Ciara

Amar'e Stoudemire has been working out for weeks, and he could be cleared to practice with the New York Knicks on Tuesday, according to Mike Woodson.

If he resumes practicing with the Knicks, Stoudemire could play in Friday's game against the Chicago Bulls.

Stoudemire, who had knee surgery in October, has yet to play this season but is making progress toward a return.
gotrealo.png

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare's cleared to practice, tomorrow he'll be practicing with the Knicks NBDL team Erie BayHawks as the Knicks may not have a full practice. Woodson didn't rule out him playing as soon as this weekend, but won't rush him to return.

Red

TYPE-A
Gotta see how the knee holds up after full contact and 30+ mins of play. Usually there is swelling and soreness following play which STAT will have to maintenance for his career.

But Pat did it. Get the ice bags ready.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Amar'e got thru practice with D-League team. Said his knee is sore, which is expected. Not sure when he will make his season debut.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Amar'e on a possible 6th man role: "Whatever it takes to win...I'm all about winning."

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Amar'e got thru practice with D-League team. Said his knee is sore, which is expected. Not sure when he will make his season debut.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Amar'e on a possible 6th man role: "Whatever it takes to win...I'm all about winning."

STAT you better mean it.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare is a starter, period. Woody knows how to manage the rotation and there is absolutely no reason to play STAT off the bench. IMO "Amare has to play the 6th man" is simply the new "Melo is a selfish player" and "Melo doesn't play defense" BS. In Woody we trust, I believe coach Woodson will figure out how to play Melo, Amare and Tyson at the same time and there is no need to panic nor play our $20M guy off the bench.

Wargames

Starter
Amare is a starter, period. Woody knows how to manage the rotation and there is absolutely no reason to play STAT off the bench. IMO "Amare has to play the 6th man" is simply the new "Melo is a selfish player" and "Melo doesn't play defense" BS. In Woody we trust, I believe coach Woodson will figure out how to play Melo, Amare and Tyson at the same time and there is no need to panic nor play our $20M guy off the bench.

I agree, If anything I could see Woodson start both and then form lineups based on sitting one for a rest while the other is the focal point of the offense. However believe me we need Amare and his ability to play inside just like we need Melo's overall ability to create shots.

Also Amare needs to learn to function with Melo... what if the Knicks run into a team like the grizzlies in the Finals who will have a roster advantage if Melo plays the 4 but lose that if Melo plays the 3? I know, I know, hopeful thinking but still something that should be planned for.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer

I think he's still got enough game to start and dominate if he gets enough shots (and stay healthy), but I see him coming off the bench at least for his first few games. After that... we'll see. As much as I'd like to see him get starter's minutes, I think continuing to play 'Melo at the 4 has worked well against most teams, and I think Amar'e would be a perfect fit playing along side Wallace off the bench. I don't think 'Melo and Amar'e are the problem playing together as much as Chandler and Amar'e - both excel in the pick and roll on offense, and can get in each other's ways. Playing Amar'e with Wallace would allow Wallace to venture out on the perimeter or post up on the block (both strengths) while Amar'e plays the pick and roll around the free-throw line. Plus, Amar'e would get more shots than playing along side 'Melo.

Having said all that, they all should get around 30 minutes each, so either way, they're all going to have to learn together for significant stretches of the game (and presumably at the end of games no matter what). I too, am not that worried - I think they'll be able to work it out - I mean, they STILL have never really had the chance for very long because of injuries going back to last year. I think Woodson will be a big reason why, but I also think having 3 quality point guards will be really key.

I think people are making too much of this being a "problem". No way having an all-star quality scoring big will not significantly help the team overall.

:peace: