2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't see any reason for anyone to take Amar'e's contract. The most we can hope for is that he'll return to be a 18 PPG / 7 RPG second scoring option.

Let's keep in mind so far that he's yet to play a game with Felton on the court. I don't think he fits into a Melo-dominated offense, but he should be able to get the bulk of his shot attempts with Melo sitting. If he can play a half-decent post game (pipe dream, I know) with Melo on the floor...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Some people just can't develop a rhythm off the bench and i think that's stats problem. He needs to start to develop confidence and rhythm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
I don't see any reason for anyone to take Amar'e's contract. The most we can hope for is that he'll return to be a 18 PPG / 7 RPG second scoring option.

Let's keep in mind so far that he's yet to play a game with Felton on the court. I don't think he fits into a Melo-dominated offense, but he should be able to get the bulk of his shot attempts with Melo sitting. If he can play a half-decent post game (pipe dream, I know) with Melo on the floor...

I agree, that will be a strength on offense for us. Even though I think Amar'e reflexes, speed and agility has fallen a bit.

metrocard

Legend
Some people just can't develop a rhythm off the bench and i think that's stats problem. He needs to start to develop confidence and rhythm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...s-n-y-minutes-article-1.1239476#ixzz2Hw6Vt8C6

Amar'e Stoudemire's playing time increases as NY Knicks forward is cleared to see 25 to 30 minutes of action per game
Stoudemire averaged 20.5 minutes in his first six appearances since returning from knee surgery. Mike Woodsoon intimated Stoudemire should receive even more playing time Thursday against the Pistons in London

BY PETER BOTTE / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2013, 10:22 PM

Just six games back from knee surgery, Amar'e Stoudemire says he feels 'great physically.'
In keeping with the dietary theme of the day ? Carmelo Anthony's revelation that he?s been fasting for the past two weeks ? Amar?e Stoudemire also divulged that he switched to a vegan diet about three months ago.

The six-time All-Star reiterated that he feels ?great physically,? and Mike Woodson confirmed that before Sunday?s 100-87 win over New Orleans by noting Stoudemire has been cleared for a minutes increase to 25-to-30 per game after he?d averaged 20.5 minutes in his first six appearances since returning from knee surgery.

?It?s coming,? Stoudemire said after contributing 12 points and three rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench. ?I feel great. Again, my main goal is to get better defensively and I have been, and I?ve accepted every challenge that Coach Woodson has brought forth. And I?m willing to accept the challenge he gives me. I?ve been doing that so far. Offensively, that?s going to come. I?ve been a solid offensive player my entire career?As we play more minutes, and get more comfortable out there, the better my game will evolve.?

Forrest17

Rotation player
I just don't get how he gets blocked so easily. It seems like every time he goes to the rim someone rejects him. Even if its 1 on 1.. I rarely EVER remember that happening back in 2010.. Whats he doing differently?

Maybe he should start trying to dunk with two hands more. He normally always goes in with one hand. Maybe he can secure it better with both, and it will help raise the odds of him getting fouled.

metrocard

Legend
I just don't get how he gets blocked so easily. It seems like every time he goes to the rim someone rejects him. Even if its 1 on 1.. I rarely EVER remember that happening back in 2010.. Whats he doing differently?

Maybe he should start trying to dunk with two hands more. He normally always goes in with one hand. Maybe he can secure it better with both, and it will help raise the odds of him getting fouled.

His agility fell off tremendously, it's hard to imagine him to get back to his old himself.

Suns fans kinda projected this, when we signed Amar'e I didn't want to believe them.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I have to say, at the risk of being shot down in flames by the Amare haters on this board, that his defense has been better. He seems to be positioning himself on the defensive end better. Amare is never going to be a great defender but that`s no excuse for a lack of effort. There actually seems to be some effort on d from him.

metrocard

Legend
I have to say, at the risk of being shot down in flames by the Amare haters on this board, that his defense has been better. He seems to be positioning himself on the defensive end better. Amare is never going to be a great defender but that`s no excuse for a lack of effort. There actually seems to be some effort on d from him.

It's a fair observation.

Red

TYPE-A
His agility fell off tremendously, it's hard to imagine him to get back to his old himself.

Suns fans kinda projected this, when we signed Amar'e I didn't want to believe them.

Stat like many in his position (injury, not playing for months) hasn't lost his skill or speed. He has lost his explosiveness and that's normal when not playing for a while.

We don't need Suns fans to tell us this inevitable fact because whether injured or not it happens as players age. Hence the reason to incorporate some style and grace as players age and realize athleticism soon fades.

But to defend Amare, he isn't in mid-season form because... well because this is the pre-season for him, not mid-season. Let's wait until his mid-season and for him to gel with the unit he will be with (probably starters) until we evaluate him.

Have you ever lost explosiveness or quickness returning from injury only to recover it over time my athletic freak fellow poster? I have and it takes time to return.

That to me is different from cartilage erosion.

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk ....

It doesn't matter how much Amare recovers. He's lost a lot of his speed and hops so he will have trouble scoring the way he use to. Most times when he drives to the basket he gets stripped or blocked. Part of the problem is that he keeps the ball too low. He should look at what guys like Duncan and Gasol do in the post. If he can't get that jumper right then its def over for him.

Amare hasnt loss anything .. Amare like Kenyon Martin dont want to be apart of Carmelo Anthony concept of B.Ball.

Coach Woodson is like coach Karl, they dont want any conflict with Melo.

We all know our most minute players "JR.Smith, Melo, and Tyson Chandler" are not transition-players who run on offense to score before the defense could setup .. this trio CONTROL the offense to where we walk the ball upcourt on offense for 48 minutes per game (we shoot jumpshots on fastbreaks).

We all should know by now Amare is a transition F/C who GELLS quickly when in the same 5-man lineup the majority of his playingtime game after game .. Amare has a career of being in a 7 man GELLIN rotation.
In Amare's 8 games back coach Woodson has been shuffling Amare in and out of several different lineups making sure 2 of the trio of Tyson, Melo, JR, are in the lineup with Amare.

Right now Amare is playing like he did his 2nd season with Marbury, his first season with Kurt Thomas/Brian Grant, and his 2 seasons with Shaq, what all the seasons had in common were Amare knees acting up when the team was force to walk the ball up court on offense 60% of the time.
Coincidence...

Our chances of winning a championship this year relies on Amare's play. Let's keep it real, he never really had a legit PG after Felton left cause Billups was always injured and Lin and Amare never really got much time to play together.

I owe amare a huge apology. Dude put in work in the off season and its showing. Hope I didn't jinx him by acknowledging this but I'm definitely loving what I'm seeing from him no homo

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I'm real happy for Amare he's been amazing down low I knew he'd have a good post game all the other star players that worked with Hakeem improved their low post game a lot but it seems like he's made the made the most drastic improvement he's like money to either score or get fouled.

I think a lot of Knicks fans have been too hard and disloyal to the guy a lot of criticism has been warranted but I knew he just needed time now him, Melo, and Chandler look like they can play together the Knicks have a lot of potential the only think I'd be worried about is Amare's health.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I'm real happy for Amare he's been amazing down low I knew he'd have a good post game all the other star players that worked with Hakeem improved their low post game a lot but it seems like he's made the made the most drastic improvement he's like money to either score or get fouled.

I think a lot of Knicks fans have been too hard and disloyal to the guy a lot of criticism has been warranted but I knew he just needed time now him, Melo, and Chandler look like they can play together the Knicks have a lot of potential the only think I'd be worried about is Amare's health.

Couldn`t agree with you more. Some of the Knicks fans hatred for Amare is, quite frankly, pathetic. There are some on this forum who are desperate for Amare to fail so that they can pat themselves on the back and say "I told you so". Shame on them. What kind of moron wants a player on the team they claim to support to fail.

Amare, Melo and Tyson can and do play well together. Let`s not forget that when these three players were first put together on the court our coach was Mike Dumphoney. A clueless coach who had no idea what to do with them. Woodson has slowly put these three together on the court and now it`s paying off.

I just love seeing Amare shaking and baking in the paint, and yes, his D has been good since his comeback and it`s getting better. Maybe it has something to do with having no D Dumbphoney coaching him for most of his career.