2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sage

Rotation player
apologies for bringing this thread back to STUDmire, but here's a good article from
New Yawk Times on Hakeem's school of post moves:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/s...-with-hakeem-olajuwon.html?_r=1&smid=tw-share

no comments on the faggot tweet? wtf? Howie Beck is a twat.

Ha! JaVale McGee is going to be there as well? Can't wait to read the article on how that goes.

It's nice that Hakeem is talking about how excited he is to see Amar'e put these skills on the floor and how quickly he's picking it up, but I'm reasonably sure he's said that about everyone who's gotten his training.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
STAT looks he's got those moves in those videos down with precision, and fast. If he knows when to use them during NBA games that's gonna be big.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Soooooo, Stat did not practice or scrimmage today because of his knee. Here we go AGAIN! The dude told Tina Cervasio that it wasn't anything serious and made it seem like he was fine. NO you're not fine Amare! You obviously have more going on with that knee than you want people to think. If he doesn' t play tomorrow, he's a pu**y.

Excuse my rant but I can't stand anymore setbacks from this dude.

nyk_nyk

All Star
LOL now all of a sudden his "bone bruise" may take some time to heal. He would NOT PLAY if this were a regular season game! If basketball were all talk, Amare would be a superstar.

Amar'e Stoudemire spoke to the writers after practice about his status after dodging them yesterday. “Tomorrow is http://t.co/PgfjZhb6

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Soooooo, Stat did not practice or scrimmage today because of his knee. Here we go AGAIN! The dude told Tina Cervasio that it wasn't anything serious and made it seem like he was fine. NO you're not fine Amare! You obviously have more going on with that knee than you want people to think. If he doesn' t play tomorrow, he's a pu**y.

Excuse my rant but I can't stand anymore setbacks from this dude.

Calm down dood. It's just preseason.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Preseason or not there's still $60M left on Amare's contract and it doesn't matter whether or not his injuries are serious he'll get a lot of criticism untill he proves he deserves the $$$ he gets.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Point taken, but it's still preseason.

Amare's worked v hard this offseason. I see him sitting out as a precaution.

These games don't mean jack so let em sit and rest.

No one agrees w tht contract. Thts not the point.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't understand why some people keep saying "it's only preseason, these games doesn't mean anything". Ron, the preseason is meant to see how this crew plays together. Amare worked hard during the offseason, no doubt about that. But, has he improved? Will he be able to play with both Chandler and Carmelo on the court? Does he still have that connection with Ray? What about him and all those new guys? Without him playing in these meaningless games we still know nothing, we don't know what to think and Woody doesn't know what to adjust and what Amare should be working on to improve.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe with all the criticism he's been getting he doesn't want to risk it in pre-season. I understand both points of views from you guys. Hopefully this isn't just talk from Amar'e.

JS3

Benchwarmer
We looked his back all the off season, eventually, we missed his knee!
Even Tim Duncan and T Parker played the 2nd pre match...

I have lost faith in Amare and i think that Glen G sees it also, that is my only hope, give 10-15 good games and trade him for some picks and other "high caliber" player, just get some picks

Sorry Amare, you are not men enough to be on the Knicks, you need to learn from NBA legends how to keep healthy, furthermore how to suite when its important for the fans, even if its for damn 10 min

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
STAT should come out on the court at least for a couple of minutes. I'd understand if he was in his mid 30s, but FFS, dude's in his ****ing prime. Be a man!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't understand why some people keep saying "it's only preseason, these games doesn't mean anything". Ron, the preseason is meant to see how this crew plays together. Amare worked hard during the offseason, no doubt about that. But, has he improved? Will he be able to play with both Chandler and Carmelo on the court? Does he still have that connection with Ray? What about him and all those new guys? Without him playing in these meaningless games we still know nothing, we don't know what to think and Woody doesn't know what to adjust and what Amare should be working on to improve.

Let me see if I can help you understand.

If a player is even slightly injured it makes absolutely no sense for him to play in games tht don't affect actual wins and losses that count.

Yes he would benefit from being out there w his teammates, but the truth of the matter is a few preseason games where he only plays maybe 10 minutes anyway aint gonna really help w gellin that much.

Rest and health for Amare is paramount

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Let me see if I can help you understand.

If a player is even slightly injured it makes absolutely no sense for him to play in games tht don't affect actual wins and losses that count.

Yes he would benefit from being out there w his teammates, but the truth of the matter is a few preseason games where he only plays maybe 10 minutes anyway aint gonna really help w gellin that much.

Rest and health for Amare is paramount

Bingo. Him coming in for 10 min would mean nothing. It wouldn't be a hint or anything to build on. Preseason is sloppy as well and for anyone who plays knows that most injuries happen when play is sloppy. If he went out there and banged knees again let alone hyperextend it from an opponent or teammate then what?

KingCharles34

All Star
I was at tonights game and i wasnt surprised that Chumpemire didnt play. I actually hopes he gets hurt/traded/waived. We're a top 5 defensive team in the league with Camby, Kurt Thomas and Sheed gettin those minutes. Chandler can score more then Amarknee now anyways, his all around game surpassed negative Stats last year.