2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
Crazy⑧s;250483 said:
****ing Jesus. It was imperative to get everyone on the same page ASAP, and now the most pivotal question mark on both ends is sidelined again.

Looks like JR gets his wish as starter and Melo slides to the 4. We all know the mismatch problems that creates. A blessing in disguise? Another Knicks curse? Whichever it is, any aspirations of heading in to the season operating at full potential are gone. This team has gone a year and a half as underachievers.

Possibly.

Only thing we have to our is our PG's playing SG like Kidd and Felton since I don't know if Woodson can handle Smith playing 30+ minutes.

I really like the Knicks without Amar'e... you can either have Melo or Amare...never thought both could work. Kind like Francis/Marbury or Curry/Randolph.

smokes

Huge Member
^ Brewer should be back for the season opener, I really hope we don't have to put our PG's in at SG... I suppose Kidd wouldn't be the end of the world and would get Prig some burn but yeah. At least we know Kidd can guard D Wade.

iJoe

Rotation player
ESPN had an interesting note where Amare being out may actually do him a favor.
Reason being that he already has a bone bruise and the cyst is a relatively minor injury and it'll force him to rest his knee and fully recover instead of trying to prove himself too early.

Guess we can only hope that the injury bugs are all early on and fade as the season goes on.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Amar'e being out will do us a favor. I can't believe how far hes fallen, I actually feel better with Copeland and a 40 year old playing over him.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If we get off to a really good start and Amare comes back and doesn't fit in, then it's officially time to trade him for expiring junk or even some spare parts.

pat

Starter
A ruptured popiteal syst will take more than 2-3 weeks before he can return to game action....that is his calf. So a syst bursts in his calf, thats more serious than everyone thinks.

It's not in his calf. It's a Baker's cyst. It's in the hollow of the knee (hence popliteal). I had the same thing about ten years ago. They cut it out but it took me more than 6 weeks to recover. If it was really ruptured than the main thing is to avoid any infection. What is more worrying, is that Baker's cysts develop as repositories of redundant synovial fluid, which --in turn-- is being produced if something is going seriously wrong inside your knee.

Therefore every team we might trade him to is going to have a good look at his knees before they take him off our hands and most likely they are going to find something unpleasant there. There is a certain chance this report makes him untradable.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's not in his calf. It's a Baker's cyst. It's in the hollow of the knee (hence popliteal). I had the same thing about ten years ago. They cut it out but it took me more than 6 weeks to recover. If it was really ruptured than the main thing is to avoid any infection. What is more worrying, is that Baker's cysts develop as repositories of redundant synovial fluid, which --in turn-- is being produced if something is going seriously wrong inside your knee.

Therefore every team we might trade him to is going to have a good look at his knees before they take him off our hands and most likely they are going to find something unpleasant there. There is a certain chance this report makes him untradable.

Nothing could make him less tradable than the day we signed him uninsured.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Maybe K-Mart will sign with us now or not :boohoo:

Felton
Brewer
Melo
K-Mart
Chandler

Our defense would be deadly, to bad K-Mart is all about the Benjamins

Another guy who's still unsigned Pietrus would fit with the lineup

Felton
Brewer
Pietrus
Melo
Chandler

To bad Pietrus is all about the Benjamins too :boohoo:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets put this is perspective....yes it sucks that Stat is out and presents yet another excuse why he and Melo are not clicking

Yet...consider the season is long and he is scheduled to miss at the most 5 games (did anyone really think Stat was gonna give us 80+ this year?) again it sucks..but does not need to warrant much panic.

Injuries happen....they hurt...but there is plenty of time left for Melo and Stat to click....the Toronto game showed us that despite them having a camp together and both wanting it to work it still needs a lot of work....Even if they played every Pre Season game togehter it still would take until late December for it to flow naturally...now it's gonna be early January!

We all want to get off to a great start...but in his first season as Knick coach Dantoni had us playing winning ball the first couple of weeks but what did it materialize to?

Maimi sucked out of the gates the last 2 seasons and still made it to The Finals both years.

Look we have the talent to beat both The Nets and The Heat with or without Stat...and in fact...I think given the chemistry issues maybe it is not the worst thing Stat is out.

KingCharles34

All Star
Just reposting this

Some more samples i just found

Im strongly convinced were a better team without Amare. Theres plenty of other players on this team that want minutes and will play harder/smarter. Stat still reminds me of a high school baller. All hes ever known is how to use his athleticism to out play others, and the only thing hes learned is how to hit a jumpshot since coming to the NBA

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't care what anyone says. There is nothing good about STAT being out. All this does is make Woodson's job a bit difficult and it places way more responsibilty on the older players. Having Sheed and KT were supposed to be supplemental to Amare's star power. Melo will now feel like he has to do more and things may not look the way we want out the gate. Amare's constant injuries are a chink in the armor.

If this Copeland kid can play within the system and still produce when needed, Amare would be best served coming off the bench. Everytime Amare talks he has a setback. Fuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkk!

Amare = Penny Hardaway 2.0

nyk_nyk

All Star
Just reposting this

Im strongly convinced were a better team without Amare. Theres plenty of other players on this team that want minutes and will play harder/smarter. Stat still reminds me of a high school baller. All hes ever known is how to use his athleticism to out play others, and the only thing hes learned is how to hit a jumpshot since coming to the NBA

I agree 100%

This is why Kurt Thomas is still valuable. He's older but understands the game. He has a high basketball IQ on defense and therefore is rarely a liability when given minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree 100%

This is why Kurt Thomas is still valuable. He's older but understands the game. He has a high basketball IQ on defense and therefore is rarely a liability when given minutes.
You overrate KT, he's not going to give you 30 quality minutes in place of Stat. I'll say it again 40 year olds should not be playing NBA basketball, KT has that money mid-range game but he is old and slow.

KingCharles34

All Star
You overrate KT, he's not going to give you 30 quality minutes in place of Stat. I'll say it again 40 year olds should not be playing NBA basketball, KT has that money mid-range game but he is old and slow.

Hes old and slow but still a far better defender then Amerie

And who said give him 30 minutes? Give him 15 to 20, Sheed can get some PF minutes, Camby, Novak, and Melo. Plenty of players that could fill in for Stat, players that wanna win and wanna play defense

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Hes old and slow but still a far better defender then Amerie

And who said give him 30 minutes? Give him 15 to 20, Sheed can get some PF minutes, Camby, Novak, and Melo. Plenty of players that could fill in for Stat, players that wanna win and wanna play defense

That's cold Fam! I don't know if anyone caught that or thought is was a misspell lol.

Off topic whatever happened to that chick? She was beautiful.

nyk_nyk

All Star

30 min??

You underrate KT. He's old (in basketball years) yes, but if you're familiar with KT then you know he was never fast. His skill set is primarily post defense and a nice mid range jumper. He may be 40 but he's a better defender than Amare. What does that tell you?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm not buying the chemistry reports. These guys can play together as long as they all make an attempt at defense, rebounding and ball movement. Scoring isn't much of an issue for Stats or Melo. Anytime they can put up 23pts/18pts in a single game, scoring chemistry isn't an issue. As far as injuries go, Stats has knee swelling and no surgery is needed. It shouldn't even take a full three weeks to heal. Not that big of a deal. Funny how everyone wants him out.

Don't let the old heads fool you. They can help but don't expect much out of them. Camby and Thomas are here to rebound defend and block second unit players. With Felton and Kid back there's no reason that Melo and Stats can't get rolling after a few games together. Way to early for panic mode.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not buying the chemistry reports. These guys can play together as long as they all make an attempt at defense, rebounding and ball movement. Scoring isn't much of an issue for Stats or Melo. Anytime they can put up 23pts/18pts in a single game, scoring chemistry isn't an issue. As far as injuries go, Stats has knee swelling and no surgery is needed. It shouldn't even take a full three weeks to heal. Not that big of a deal. Funny how everyone wants him out.

Don't let the old heads fool you. They can help but don't expect much out of them. Camby and Thomas are here to rebound defend and block second unit players. With Felton and Kid back there's no reason that Melo and Stats can't get rolling after a few games together. Way to early for panic mode.

You're underrating Thomas and Camby.