2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

metrocard

Legend
Official Earl Smith III Thread

Date of birth September 9, 1985 (age 26)
Place of birth Freehold, New Jersey
Nationality American
High school Lakewood HS (Lakewood Township, New Jersey)
St. Benedict's Preparatory School (Newark, New Jersey)
Listed height 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Listed weight 220 lb (100 kg)

Welcome to NY!

iSaYughh

Starter
YES!

First thing I saw when I logged in. :peace:

I know some people have their doubts about bringing in JR, but I'm so down with this move.

We have some serious depth here, and JR could absolutely ball on this team. He brings legit range and shooting from the 2; and will allow Fields to spell Melo at the 3 in certain rotations now.

The shooting that can be brought from Novak from the frontcourt and JR from the backcourt is going to bring us some beautiful things, IMO.

metrocard

Legend
YES!

First thing I saw when I logged in. :peace:

I know some people have their doubts about bringing in JR, but I'm so down with this move.

We have some serious depth here, and JR could absolutely ball on this team. He brings legit range and shooting from the 2; and will allow Fields to spell Melo at the 3 in certain rotations now.

The shooting that can be brought from Novak from the frontcourt and JR from the backcourt is going to bring us some beautiful things, IMO.

Imagine all the Lin to JR alley oops...double Melo or STAT, Smith will be open for the 3, Lin's deady penetration...Tyson is a rock in the paint.

I don't remember such a potential deadly offensive squad in years.

Reminds me of the 5 deadly venoms.

Centipede - Lin
Snake - JR Smith
Scorpion - Carmelo
Lizard - Amare
Toad - Tyson

I love this team.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
JR-Smith.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Imagine all the Lin to JR alley oops...double Melo or STAT, Smith will be open for the 3, Lin's deady penetration...Tyson is a rock in the paint.

I don't remember such a potential deadly offensive squad in years.

Reminds me of the 5 deadly venoms.

Centipede - Lin
Snake - JR Smith
Scorpion - Carmelo
Lizard - Amare
Toad - Tyson

I love this team.

That's the thing...JR can shoot the shit out of the rock from the 3, but he has that innate athleticism and ability to finish above the rim. Being able to do that, in this offense with the firepower we have is going to be just deadly.

Que: 5 Deadly Venoms. So deadly, it's downright Linful.

metrocard

Legend
That's the thing...JR can shoot the shit out of the rock from the 3, but he has that innate athleticism and ability to finish above the rim. Being able to do that, in this offense with the firepower we have is going to be just deadly.

Que: 5 Deadly Venoms. So deadly, it's downright Linful.

gHCk4.gif

portega1968

El Cacique
Tommy Dee: Smith plays hard. At the end of the day, playing hard and making shots will make you a great locker room guy.

For all of us who were opposed to this move, no use in complaining... lets see the glass half full and enjoy the ride.

Welcome JR!!!

Holy shit this is crazy!!!! This is such great news, J.R is going to kick ass on this team! You already know he wanted some Linsanity. When our whole team gets healthy we are going to be a really scary team. Watch out NBA!

aces

Rookie
There is rumors Lakers interested in Tony D, so maybe Knicks could trade him for picks to make room for Smith.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i wanna see how d'antoni will adjust the rotations

If he wants to have the NBA sweating

LIN/Baron
JR/Shump/
Melo/Fields/Walker
Stat/Jorts/jeffries
Chandler/Jeffries

Garbage mins
TD
Balkman
Jerome

if he wants to play it safe and continue what we have going on

Lin/shump/baron (until baron is healthy)
Fields/Jr/shump
Melo/Novak/walker
Stat/jorts/jeffries/novak
Chandler/jeffries/jorts

Garbage mins
TD
Balkman
Jerome