2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

LeFlume

All Star
You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way... :barf:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
:agreed::agreed:But i think he'll be starting, after all he would be our best SG.:gony:

I dont think he will start over Fields, even though he could be better then Fields he's not going to just sign with the Knicks and just become a starter, that would destroy Fields confidence, plus Fields is doing great as a starting SG he is starting to come back now... JR would have to earn starting position first, but i think he would be a great spark off the bench and awesome in the 2nd unit

portega1968

El Cacique
Clippers are still in the game... I wouldnt be surprised that the Knicks are being used AGAIN to drive up the price offered by another team.

fender0577

Rotation player
I dont think he will start over Fields, even though he could be better then Fields he's not going to just sign with the Knicks and just become a starter, that would destroy Fields confidence, plus Fields is doing great as a starting SG he is starting to come back now... JR would have to earn starting position first, but i think he would be a great spark off the bench and awesome in the 2nd unit
:agreed::agreed:But IDK if JR plays that coming of the bench sh**.

TakMan

Rotation player
Clippers are still in the game... I wouldnt be surprised that the Knicks are being used AGAIN to drive up the price offered by another team.

I don't think that other team can be the Clippers. Methinks they can only offer him the vets minimum for this year at least.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
You can't sell me on Jr Smith. I see nothing good come out of it. He will not make us a better TEAM..No way... :barf:

Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.

fender0577

Rotation player
Ppl over react about players attitudes sometimes JR is a little out there and not the smartest player but besides that brawl he never had any real team issues with Denver. He was always willing to come off the bench in favor of an inferior player in Dante Jones and Aron Aflallo so I don't think he'll mind doing this with Fields.

When the bench is struggling to score you have a guy that can go off for 30 on any night:gony: to lean on. You can never have enough fire power especially if you wanna beat Miami and Chicago, a matter a fact imagine Miami bench trying to contain Baron Davis, JR Smith, and Shumpert they'd have fits.
:agreed:Like i said earlier, i 'm not a JR fan, but i'll give him a shot and see what happens.

metrocard

Legend
Top-of-the-World.gif

New New York

Quiet Storm
so who's the odd man out?

I mean Bibby is no doubt the player we cut

But who is out of the rotation?

Feilds is doing all the intagiables that made him valuable to us last year

Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

Bill Walker was going to lose his minutes to Melo anyways

Lin/Shump
Feilds/Smith/Shump
Melo/Feilds/Novak
Stat/Jefferies/Novak
Chandler/Jefferies

But what happens when BD comes back?

With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!

Then what happens when BD returns?

fender0577

Rotation player

Shump is as much responsible for our win in Toronto (as well as Minny and Washington) as Lin

Novak makes a little sense, yet beyond his shooting, he's a big man who stretches the floor

Lin/Shump
Feilds/Smith/Shump
Melo/Feilds/Novak
Stat/Jefferies/Novak
Chandler/Jefferies

With mutiple 2 games in 2 nights as well as 4 games in 6 night sets as well as our one remaining back to back to back remaining, too much depth is a oxymoran (probally spelled wrong) but with chemistry brewing and already 2 players to think about working in (Melo and BD) this is somewhat of a risk

Yet....I have been quoted before in other threads as saying this would be a great pick up for us!

Shooter and as Metro's footage showed a dynamic finisher, makes the offense very difficult to stop now!

Being that fields is 6-7, he can play a little SF, to spell MELO.BD, JR, Shump, And Lin(Notice no mention of TD) can hold down the guard spots.I guess this means, we have to KILL BILL.

portega1968

El Cacique

Lin/Shump
Feilds/Smith/Shump
Melo/Feilds/Novak
Stat/Jefferies/Novak
Chandler/Jefferies

I think Novak, Shump and Jorts are gonna be seeing less time

Smith will be starting in no time with Fields backing up Melo, and Shump backing up Smith (and Lin until Davis plays)

Coach will go to Novak and Jeffries depending on whether we need offense or defense.

Jorts will see spot mins at center and PF. Walker will definitely be out of the rotation.

delat27

Rookie
Let the games begin...

lol...we r gonna rock it this year!!!we got an amazing team now...AMAZING!!!we have a chance to bring it all home now!!!our team is better then the miami now no doubt on that!!!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I don't want Smith.

And I have also checked everywhere for a source. Can't find any.

Like one poster said, he is going to demand a certain amount of shots. He's a worse version of Jamal Crawford, and we don't need a chucker.

While it's true he's more likely to go off than most players, at what price would that be at? He'd give us 37 one night and go 1-12 the next. Plus, I'm not sure about his commitment on defense. I don't care about the flashy dunks, either, we're dunking just fine without him.

We need consistency, we're slowly getting more and more of it, especially with the resurgence of Lin. I just feel like this would mess up our chemistry. If this move DOES go down, I hope I'm wrong.