2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Does this board have an ignore function? I've been reading a lot of negativity and downright unnecessary things said about the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. Kiyaman is a rubbish poster who just blabs on about 'iso-melo' etc. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is Knicks FAN Forums. If your only going to hate, why bother coming on here? His/her bias just ruins any chance you have of putting together a half decent response.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
LMAO "JR plays great defense and was much improved under Woodson." LMAO

Smith was a poor (desperate) decision signing, hopefully his trade could bring us something on the deadline.

Smith first 7 games as a Knicks average 29 minutes per game, Dantoni handed in a resignation after Smith 7th game .. 6 game losing streak.
What does that say about Smith in the regular season .. the Knicks were on a 9-2 roll before Smith was added to the rotation....it was hard to tell that Smith & Melo were teammates the past 5 seasons the way the two players couldnt earn an assist from each other.

Dont get the final games of the season confused with just Melo & Smith when we got a consistant outstanding performance from Shump/Novak/and Tyson Chandler.

So are you trying to say you would have rather kept Dantoni and not signed JR? In other words you would have rather tanked the remainder of the season and allowed one of our " assets" to be that for another team / potential rival?

You people are a trip with beating down Melo , Jr Smith , and Amare. But you give passes and make excuses for scrubs like Landry , Lin , Dantoni.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Just read on Hoopshype that Chris Smith, JR's younger brother is signing with the Knicks soon. If this is true, i'm assuming this is how the Knicks were able to sign JR for the cheap in addition to the starting position.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

The talent is there. It really is.

The chemistry, the desire, the effort, the wanting, the timing, the conditioning. All crucially balanced on a knife, but we have a team that can take down any other, on any night.

From day one, there needs to be an understanding of hierarchy before all subsequent happenings come to any sort of fruition through chance, design or otherwise.

I know that's a bit deep, but that's how I see it for this team. A 3 year window has been forged, it can only get smaller from day one onward if there's no common understanding of what each individual needs to bring for everyone else to win as a Knick.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/23081/j-r-nyk-has-talent-to-win-title

JR thinks we have the talent to win a championship.

Don't really think it's acceptable to have a link in your sig that promotes the use of another Knicks forum, BTW. Bit of an insult to the owner and chief moderator of the site, Rady, and those that have made a monetary contribution to the site.

Thanks in advance for removing it from your signature.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;246074 said:
Don't really think it's acceptable to have a link in your sig that promotes the use of another Knicks forum, BTW. Bit of an insult to the owner and chief moderator of the site, Rady, and those that have made a monetary contribution to the site.

Thanks in advance for removing it from your signature.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone, is that a message board rule?

skisloper

Starter
Just read on Hoopshype that Chris Smith, JR's younger brother is signing with the Knicks soon. If this is true, i'm assuming this is how the Knicks were able to sign JR for the cheap in addition to the starting position.

Knicks were able to sign JR to the 2.5 a year because no other team offered him a deal..........Please someone find any link that shows another team offered JR money...........

Kiyaman

Legend
This. Kiyaman is a rubbish poster who just blabs on about 'iso-melo' etc. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is Knicks FAN Forums. If your only going to hate, why bother coming on here? His/her bias just ruins any chance you have of putting together a half decent response.

Some members are to adolesent-minded to know "hot comes with cold, yes comes with no, and positive comes with negative" .. u need to stay out of adult conversation .. your babble comment above is like a child crying from parents argue. STFU n just read.

Kiyaman is a retired scout that bets real money on the Knicks to WIN.
My comments are very simple "Strength vs Weakness" if a player or coach strength does not out weigh their weakness then there is no reason to mention or HYPE up their strength like they are Phil Jackson/MJ/Kobe/or Durant .. forth-quarter CLOSERS.

u are late .. I bashed all the peeps who shouldnt have been involve with the Knicks organization: Laydum/Isiah/Marbury/Crawful/Larry Brown/Q.Brick/Curry/Walsh-up-Donnie/Damnphony/Gallo/ISO-melo/JR.Smith .. and im loaded-up with bashes for assistant Herb Williams if the Knicks start the 2012-13 season off in the wrong direction.

Kiyaman

Legend
So are you trying to say you would have rather kept Dantoni and not signed JR? In other words you would have rather tanked the remainder of the season and allowed one of our " assets" to be that for another team / potential rival?

You people are a trip with beating down Melo , Jr Smith , and Amare. But you give passes and make excuses for scrubs like Landry , Lin , Dantoni.

If u had a brain u would remember .. Damnphony was good as FIRED on Super Bowl weekend. All the Knicks guards were playing like they were All-star guards two weeks before the signing of JR.Smith. Plus Baron Davis had 3 full contact workouts with the team in practice ready to play a week before the signing of JR.Smith.
During the Lin-Sanity era (9-1 run) we needed a backup PG (Baron Davis) in the rotation. Shump & Walker were doing great at the SG spot, and Fields n Novak were doing great at the SF spot, PF-Amare return was apart of the 3-1 run in the 9-1 run giving us a frontcourt rotation of Tyson, Amare, Jefferies, and Jorts.

When we added JR.Smith to replace Walker, and Melo to replace Jefferies we went on a 6 game losing streak .. do the MATH...

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
If u had a brain u would remember .. Damnphony was good as FIRED on Super Bowl weekend. All the Knicks guards were playing like they were All-star guards two weeks before the signing of JR.Smith. Plus Baron Davis had 3 full contact workouts with the team in practice ready to play a week before the signing of JR.Smith.
During the Lin-Sanity era (9-1 run) we needed a backup PG (Baron Davis) in the rotation. Shump & Walker were doing great at the SG spot, and Fields n Novak were doing great at the SF spot, PF-Amare return was apart of the 3-1 run in the 9-1 run giving us a frontcourt rotation of Tyson, Amare, Jefferies, and Jorts.

When we added JR.Smith to replace Walker, and Melo to replace Jefferies we went on a 6 game losing streak .. do the MATH...

For you to ask if someone has a brain is laughable. You are for sure the most ignorant poster on this board. You are gonna look so stupid just as normal after the season starts.

Keep crying for Lin and flip flopping homer.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Some members are to adolesent-minded to know "hot comes with cold, yes comes with no, and positive comes with negative" .. u need to stay out of adult conversation .. your babble comment above is like a child crying from parents argue. STFU n just read.

Kiyaman is a retired scout that bets real money on the Knicks to WIN.
My comments are very simple "Strength vs Weakness" if a player or coach strength does not out weigh their weakness then there is no reason to mention or HYPE up their strength like they are Phil Jackson/MJ/Kobe/or Durant .. forth-quarter CLOSERS.

u are late .. I bashed all the peeps who shouldnt have been involve with the Knicks organization: Laydum/Isiah/Marbury/Crawful/Larry Brown/Q.Brick/Curry/Walsh-up-Donnie/Damnphony/Gallo/ISO-melo/JR.Smith .. and im loaded-up with bashes for assistant Herb Williams if the Knicks start the 2012-13 season off in the wrong direction.

Who the **** are you to bash anyone or talk **** about anyone? You are a fickle FAKE KNICK fan you are in the same boat as the Linsanity posters boy.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who the **** are you to bash anyone or talk **** about anyone? You are a fickle FAKE KNICK fan you are in the same boat as the Linsanity posters boy.

Dum-Dum .. I am the member who been 99.9% right about the Knicks past decade.
JR.Smith n Melo represent a Nuggets team that could never get pass the first round of the playoffs ..
b/c no-defensive-EFFORT at SF n SG .. the two are not postseason players.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
JR.Smith n Melo represent a Nuggets team that could never get pass the first round of the playoffs ..

:lol: Pretty ambitious for a rough estimate there, Kiya.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

I am so happy you posted this moron. I'll make sure to reference this post when your eating your ****ing words next season.

I got a link for you to use while we wait to prove your stupidity... http://www.learningcenter.net/

Spend a few minutes on there before you come back here talking dumb ass ****.

Change that **** to 99.8 and counting on the account of this ******* not knowing any better.

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Lakers vs Nuggets Game 1 WCF 05/19/09

Who is the guy with the fresh even #15 and all the tattos #1. Hey they look familiar... Wait is this the WCF... I thought they were first round losers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic8Sg7qiO2Y

Wait there is film on this too.. You are a dumb old bastard champ. Trying watching ball instead of skimming through it Kiyaman. I have been a fan of the nba 20 years I watch all teams and I don't stick my foot in my mouth very often either.