2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Didn't all non guaranteed contracts become guaranteed by 12/15? I guess the only option is a trade, but I don't see whom we could be moving... besides, with Amare and Sheed returning we don't have that much of a need at the center spot, chill out, Camby wasn't playing either way. We'll be alright.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Didn't all non guaranteed contracts become guaranteed by 12/15? I guess the only option is a trade, but I don't see whom we could be moving... besides, with Amare and Sheed returning we don't have that much of a need at the center spot, chill out, Camby wasn't playing either way. We'll be alright.

No, 12/15 was the first day free agents signed this past summer can be traded....Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Felton became eligible to be traded. Non guarantees come up close to when teams are eligible to sign 10 day contracts.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
He looked good last night. Rebounding and generally very active. If he can get his legs under him and stay healthy then he will really help out defensively and grabbing rebounds. Tyson can get more rest. I`d love to see them both on the court together though.

Kiyaman

Legend
Camby lookin rusty returning to a back to back on the road ..
once we add some more playingtime-oil for Camby to get familiar with teammates ..
Camby will be the Man of the 2nd unit.

Amare will be a happy camper coming off the bench with Camby to dominate the 2nd quarter of every game.
Woody need to start putting rookie SF-Copeland in every lineup with "Old-Head" Camby ASAP ..
to prepare for a strong frontcourt lineup of "Camby/Amare/Copeland" with PG-Pablo & SG-Kidd till Shump return.
That's a 2nd-unit lineup to run oposition off the court for 9 straight minutes.

No-offense to Felton, Brewer, JR, Novak, Melo, Kurt, and Tyson, but their talents dont fit the criterior of a lob-passing running transition lineup on a defensive-rebound, steal, or inbounding on the side as well as Camby/Amare/Shump/and Kidd.

metrocard

Legend
Camby lookin rusty returning to a back to back on the road ..
once we add some more playingtime-oil for Camby to get familiar with teammates ..
Camby will be the Man of the 2nd unit.

Amare will be a happy camper coming off the bench with Camby to dominate the 2nd quarter of every game.
Woody need to start putting rookie SF-Copeland in every lineup with "Old-Head" Camby ASAP ..
to prepare for a strong frontcourt lineup of "Camby/Amare/Copeland" with PG-Pablo & SG-Kidd till Shump return.
That's a 2nd-unit lineup to run oposition off the court for 9 straight minutes.

No-offense to Felton, Brewer, JR, Novak, Melo, Kurt, and Tyson, but their talents dont fit the criterior of a lob-passing running transition lineup on a defensive-rebound, steal, or inbounding on the side as well as Camby/Amare/Shump/and Kidd.

Camby should be getting 20 minutes per game or else Chandler will face potential injuries from playing so much. Limit Chandler to 28 minutes per game, we need him for the playoffs.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It still boggles my mind he's not playing more. Why wasn't he in the game in the last few minutes when the Knicks needed DEFENSE?

deamon

Benchwarmer
Camby should be starter with TY.
I don't know why Woodson bring Amare for Camby in 3rd qtr, when we had comeback and could take lead. That was bad momentum, bad coach decision destroyed it.
,,Bad couching."

metrocard

Legend
Should be a permanent starter at the 4. Has great chemistry with Chandler, way better than Amare can ever have.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Should be a permanent starter at the 4. Has great chemistry with Chandler, way better than Amare can ever have.
Yeah. This is SO rare to have to have a top-notch defensive Center and PF on the same team starting. There is no reason this shouldn't happen. Melo will still score a lot and Jason Kidd will always do his thing. Brewer doesn't add much offense, but the offense won't be in trouble with Melo and Kidd.

carlito1171

Rookie
Yeah. This is SO rare to have to have a top-notch defensive Center and PF on the same team starting. There is no reason this shouldn't happen. Melo will still score a lot and Jason Kidd will always do his thing. Brewer doesn't add much offense, but the offense won't be in trouble with Melo and Kidd.

Swap Shump for Brewer when he's 100% back into the swing of things and there's your starting 5 for the remainder of the season.....

Felton, Stat and JR off the bench will be homicide to other teams benches...

metrocard

Legend
Camby is only getting about 13 minutes per game in his last 7 games.

He's averaging almost 5 rebounds in those 13 minutes...basically 13.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per 36 minutes.

I know per 36 minutes isn't the best stat, but I'm giving you an idea on how the rate of rebounding Camby gives to this team.

We've been out rebounded in so many games this season, having Camby next to Chandler will be vital to our success.

Woodson has disappointed with his use of Camby so far. Camby is always a productive player when you give him 24+ minutes per game. He hasn't lost his game yet. Same player he was 2-3 seasons ago.