2012-13 Marcus Camby News and Performance Thread

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Camby is a beast. I understand you guys are upset at giving up so much but honestly none of those guys was any good.

Jorts was the only one who would've been half decent. The rest are terrible. **** them.

Paul1355

All Star
so is kidd being dubbed the starter now? i guess i missed something, but i would definitely rather lin start, kidd back up, maybe even kidd at the two until shump gets back

Kidd won't start over Lin, if anything Kidd will be the starting 2 with Jeremy at the 1. So J.R can come off the bench.

STAT1

Starter
http://theknickswall.com/2012/07/08/knicks-stand/ this isn't a 100% valid anymore however it will give an outline of what is possible.

ok so the knicks gave all their contracts save for Gadz to the rockets, and will likely sign Kidd to the MLE. This means gadz contract in a sign and trade is worth around 2.1 million left to use on a starting salary. Its not the BAE but considering the talent on the team that might be enough to lure a decent player.

Also while I will admit I thought it was lip service when i heard it I remember reading Grunwald was an expert in ways to manipulate the cap. So far he has given out basically two mini MLE's and has enough for basically a BAE by doing the odd move of signing a big man to a last second contract before the playoffs. I really am about to start saying in Grunnie We trust... except when Dolan is involved.

The addition of Mark Warkentien to the front office has no doubt also helped with our franchise's creative use of the cap to our benefit in the last 2 years.

STAT1

Starter
Its 2 2nd rounders, jerome jordan , josh Harrislson and TD who we had to throw money in for......so lets assume 4 2nd rounders,,,

TD & JJ were bench fodder neither one were a part of the rotation anyway. Harrellson was a solid young player but Camby is a clear upgrade. I don't mind giving up 2 2nd round picks to get that much needed depth in our frontcourt. This team only has a window of 3 years to be contenders, I'm happy they're going after players that can contribute right now rather than holding onto assets that in all likelihood would never have had much of an impact in NY regardless. Good move by Grunwald. I am very satisfied with the moves we've made this offseason with Kidd, Camby & James White brought in & Novak's contract extended. Now we just need to match Lin's offer with HOU, get JR Smith re-signed & work on getting a stopgap SG for the vet's min & I think we're pretty much set to start the season.

Paul1355

All Star
TD & JJ were bench fodder neither one were a part of the rotation anyway. Harrellson was a solid young player but Camby is a clear upgrade. I don't mind giving up 2 2nd round picks to get that much needed depth in our frontcourt. This team only has a window of 3 years to be contenders, I'm happy they're going after players that can contribute right now rather than holding onto assets that in all likelihood would never have had much of an impact in NY regardless. Good move by Grunwald. I am very satisfied with the moves we've made this offseason with Kidd, Camby & James White brought in & Novak's contract extended. Now we just need to match Lin's offer with HOU, get JR Smith re-signed & work on getting a stopgap SG for the vet's min & I think we're pretty much set to start the season.

Why didn't we trade Gadzuric??

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Come on this is a TERRIBLE trade!!! Leave it to the knicks to make themselfs look like idiots.Who in their right mind would trade three players AND two draft picks that we needed for a over the hill 38 year old.It just blows me away that some on here are excited about this trade.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yeah if you think long term the deal wasn't good but we need to load up for next season to be able to counter ANYTHING Miami throws at us. We will be able to protect the paint for a full 48 Minutes and we will have good decision making from Kidd and the rest is chemistry and cohesiveness.

Call me crazy but after signing a 39 year old in kidd and 38 year old in camby,I don't think we came close to countering anything from Miami.

Forrest17

Rotation player
We didn't give up too much.

Jordan and Douglas were useless.

We traded 2 second rounders and Josh Harrellson, those were the only valuable things we lost.

Pearl15

Rookie
Too Much Given Up

Not sure genious.....we did just give up 3 role players, cash and 2 2nd round picks for Camby.......

The knicks are simply building a 3 year team that will be do or die....After 3 years the only player left on a firm contract will be Novak....

I had no problem with giving up Douglas but Harrelson and Jordan plus 2 second round picks. Man Houston must have blackmail stuff on Dolan. They continually rape and pillage the Knicks. They have dumped Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Shandon Anderson, Tracy McGrady on the Knicks. I like Camby but this was not necessary. With the savings the Knicks better sign someone that can score because we have no bench right now with Shump out and JR still on the street. Randy Foye would be nice but I think O.J is out of range.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I had no problem with giving up Douglas but Harrelson and Jordan plus 2 second round picks. Man Houston must have blackmail stuff on Dolan. They continually rape and pillage the Knicks. They have dumped Steve Francis, Moochie Norris, Shandon Anderson, Tracy McGrady on the Knicks. I like Camby but this was not necessary. With the savings the Knicks better sign someone that can score because we have no bench right now with Shump out and JR still on the street. Randy Foye would be nice but I think O.J is out of range.

I just don't get why Dolan and the knicks keep making stupid trades like this giving away draft picks and young talent.:barf:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I just don't get why Dolan and the knicks keep making stupid trades like this giving away draft picks and young talent.:barf:
WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.

STAT1

Starter
Why didn't we trade Gadzuric??

His contract is non-guaranteed, so he maybe a decent piece to use in another sign & trade, possibly for a SG fill-in? If he's not traded then he can simply be dropped from the roster to open up a roster spot.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
They didn't give up any talent. They kept there young talent in Lin and Shumpert. We didn't give up any first round picks. Douglas has been terrible and needs a change of scenery. We gave up a developmental center with Jordan who hasn't shown that much. The 2nds round picks are too much since odds are what talent will u find in the 2nd round? Harrelson is the only talent u rather not lose but would u rather have jorts or Camby for a win now team.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
WHO IS YOUNG TALENT!?!?!?

DOUGL-ASS? JEROME "CANT GET OFF THE BENCH" JORDAN

....JORTS!? LOL!!! some more Laundry Folds from the 2nd round?

The Knicks made a WIN NOW move and I support it fully.

Harrelson and both the draft picks they gave them. thats way to much for a 38 year old.Don't get me wrong I have always liked camby but he is just to old.

STAT1

Starter
Giving away young talent & giving away quality young talent are 2 different things. We all saw what a trainwreck Toney Douglas was last year. As nice of a kid & hardworker as he is, he simply was not getting the job done. There's no way I would want him to be part of a PG tandem to start the year in the rotation. So really he was just taking up a roster spot. Not sure why anyone here is high on Jerome Jordan, he didn't show anything last year, albeit in only garbage minutes. Still, not showing anything does not always mean he has something left to show. He would not have been a reliable option to back up Tyson Chandler next season, & we needed someone who could step in right now & contribute right away. Camby has to be considered the best backup C in the NBA at this point. He could easily be starting on a number of teams in fact. Just imagine if a team like the Miami Heat were to have gotten him in a similar move most Knicks fans would be up in arms about it & wondering how the Knicks could have ever let him go to their divisional rival without making a strong play to acquire him. We gave up Josh Harrellson & 2 2nd round picks for a player who can come in right away & average 9 rebounds in reserve minutes off the bench & add very good interior defense. That's a good trade in my eyes.

Paul1355

All Star
Harrelson and both the draft picks they gave them. thats way to much for a 38 year old.Don't get me wrong I have always liked camby but he is just to old.
what a lame post....

Look at Camby's numbers last season.

Out of 25 min per game he averaged 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks....He is still a force and he can hit an open mid range shot.

He is the perfect big man to spell Tyson. Hell we can even have Camby and Tyson out there when we play teams like the Lakers who have 2 guys thats are 7ft.

Size is so rare in the NBA and we have two legit centers...what more can you ask?

5 mil a year for someone that should be a starting center on any team is nothing. And we gave up three guys that were bench warmers.

what a lame post....

Out of 25 min per game he averaged 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks....He is still a force and he can hit an open mid range shot.

He is the perfect big man to spell Tyson. Hell we can even have Camby and Tyson out there when we play teams like the Lakers who have 2 guys thats are 7ft.

Size is so rare in the NBA and we have two legit centers...what more can you ask?

5 mil a year for someone that should be a starting center on any team is nothing. And we gave up three guys that were bench warmers.

+1 thats something i did not take into accout was how we could play the Lakers straight up down low, Shump guard Kobe and the rest is taken care of. Now if STAT messes up he will be relegated to the bench.

Forrest17

Rotation player
what a lame post....

yeah seriously. And what do second round picks even matter. If you really want anyone you can just buy a pick. And as deep as we are going to be, a second round pick won't even find their way into our rotation. So who cares.

If we resign Lin and Jefferies, and possibly JR Smith, then Harrellson and douglas and Jordan definitely wouldn't find playing time at all. Now they can go somewhere were they can play, and if we want them bad enough after next season then we can try and sign them because they will all be free agents after next year anyway. We gave up nothing of value. They weren't going to be contributing to wins in anyway where as Camby will