2012-13 Jason Kidd Player Performance and News Thread

bigapple

Starter
dont even take ESPN any ratings seriously those pricks sees only Miami James Los angeles Bryant Brooklyn Williams

all these guys such Wilbon Jonhson Rose ........... talkin James this Wad that Williams this from time to time Johson will say something posivite about Knicks and we have to deal about that.

they will start talkin "after if we win" Xmas game @ Lakers 6 december @ heat and 11.december @ Nets.

uber

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd has become more than just a Point guard or Shooting guard and is a new kind of player that is almost impossible to forge. A player that has no restriction in playing a position and can play any role for a team whether it be play the post, Shoot, Pick and Roll, Defend, anything we need he can provide and will do it efficiently and Crafty.

He is a hybrid of some of the most important aspects of Offense and Defense from both back court positions and fuses them to make a guy that is so valuable to any team and is the most important player on our team without having to shoot a single shot. His off the court leadership ties in to the way our team carries themselves on the court. We are now playing the way our coach and vets are teaching which goes a long way in the development of Carmelo and Jr who have both done a 360 in their quality of play. His unlimited knowledge has helped our team play professional, under control, and hard for the whole game and he will be key to Amar'e and Shump easing their way back into the chemistry of our team.

Point Guard Qualities:

1. Quickest passer in the league, He can move the ball around at a frenetic rate and find windows before they close. Also starts the chain movement of passing across the court to one another which is crucial because every point guard needs to know how to start a passing chain because you cannot always pass cross court to an open guy, so you must rely on your teammates to move the ball very quickly and J.Kidd is on of if not the best at doing this.

2. Knowing tempo, and understanding when to initiate a break and when to hold and set up a half court set. Jason Kidd rarely will be the finisher of a fast break but he will always know whether or not to start one when he has the ball. He does a great job at reading numbers and knowing if he should pass to ignite the break or give it up to Raymond to start a half court play.

3. Never in a rush to anything, does what he wants at his pace and wont be forced to panic and become nervous. He wont overreact to situations and try to pass into a bad spot or shoot too early, everything he does is at his own pace and not dictated by the other team.

4. Court Awareness and the ability to react to situations in the blink of an eye. He knows how to read various situations and has unteachable knowledge of the game. Knows when to double, knows when to go for the steals, knows when to foul and knows when to pass. All around this guy is a genius and masks his almost depleted athleticism with insane basketball knowledge which is keeping him in the league.

Shooting Guard Qualities:

1. Defending up to 3 positions. No point guard today can say they can do this at the consistency J.Kidd can. D'ing up Durant in the playoffs and playing Lebron is nothing to overlook. J Kidd has great footwork and impeccable anticipation and timing combined with a 6'4 frame and a ton of strength, this makes him a very good defender and he can hold his own on the perimeter and in the post equally as well. Combined with these qualities he has some amazingly quick hands that seem to have a mind of their own and can strip players when they try to Crossover, Spin or pass.

2. Shooting the deep ball is the lone quality that makes Kidd's career as long as it is. He is now a solid to good 3PT shooter and is great at finding the open spaces to get his shot off. Also has the awareness to draw fouls on defenders that over defend on his shot which adds to his already pretty good deep shooting threat.

3. Rebounding is a quality that has made J Kidd stand out from the rest of the elite QB's in NBA history, Besides the Big-O and Magic, there are few guards let alone PG's that rebound as well as Kidd. This quality is great for having extra possessions and grabbing the boards that our big men may miss.

4. Size is one thing that stands out when looking at Kidd, He is 6'4-6'5 and weighs about 210 pounds which alone makes him the size of a shooting guard and makes him bigger and stronger than any other Point Guard not named Deron Williams.

Jason Kidd although the stat sheet may not show, is vital to where we want to go,his leadership is extraordinary and his knowledge of the game is simply one of the best ever. In the process of going from an elite Point Guard to more of a Shooting Guard, he has made himself into a player that is not a Tweener but much more. A best of both worlds type of player that is no longer defined by position or is he restricted to one. He is now a kind of player that cant be made but has to be developed through years of experience and a true knowledge of the game, and that simply just doesn't happen often and when that player does evolve( I say evolve because of his increased knowledge) he will be highly revered by his team and will be a key chip on a championship team just like Kidd is or us. So i crown Jason Kidd's new position as "The Sensei Guard".

:agreed:

Kidd has been great so far. I just love his calm demenor on the court. This is something that a rookie or a player who just have been a few years in the league could not give us. I Hope he can keep it up all season.

I would rep you if i knew how to do it.

metrocard

Legend
Jason Kidd had to start, just based on his court awareness and vision, offensively and defensively.

The quality of play when he's on the floor is amazing.

clumsy

Rotation player
I think the reason we are so good this year is Kidd. Having 2 creators in the back court causes a lot of matchup problems with other squads.

I'm very pleased so far, let's just pray as the season goes on people don't wear down.

bigapple

Starter
image that pringles was all time using Douglas coz he saw in him Ray Allen and Landry Fields who cant event hit layup.

Rockets @ Lakers Lin with 5 points 2/9 PG for 25 mln for 3 years

Kiyaman

Legend
image that pringles was all time using Douglas coz he saw in him Ray Allen and Landry Fields who cant event hit layup.

If u dont know ask somebody .... Jason Kidd became a HOF his 3rd season with the Nets in 2003-4, by making the Nets young roster into the NBA top contender 3 seasons in a row.
Jason Kidd has been the top creative PG in the NBA throughout his NBA career .. Kidd has the strongest discipline leadership as a PG in the NBA next to Magic Johnson, Kidd's winning career comes from knowing how to position all the players in his lineup on both offense n defense.

Having Jason Kidd on the roster .. it does not matter if we had Lin & Douglas or Felton & Prig as the next PG on the roster .. they all will follow Jason Kidds rule to WINNING...

Real Talk
P.S. the next best team-discipline veteran "Old-Head" PG equal to Kidd in the NBA is/are Chauncey Billups .. then comes Nash & Derrik Fisher rated under Kidd & Billups.
So the "amnesty" of Chauncey Billups were a DUM move by Knicks management for the 2011-12 season that almost lead the Knicks into having a LOTTERY season, a season inwhich a D.League PG "Lin-Sanity" save-face for Knicks management and coaching-staff.

knicksin60

Starter

Toney Douglas and Landry Fields were dead weight for the Knicks. I am happy that those two are no longer playing for us. Jeremy Lin is far from looking like the player that he was when he became an international celebrity. He looked lost at times playing against the Lakers yesterday. Even Chris Duhon was outplaying him in certain stretches.

I'd rather have older veterans that have a high basketball IQ than have young players who are average at best. Jason Kidd at 50 years old is a better play maker than Toney Douglas and Jeremy Lin.

Kiyaman

Legend
Toney Douglas and Landry Fields were dead weight for the Knicks. I am happy that those two are no longer playing for us. Jeremy Lin is far from looking like the player that he was when he became an international celebrity. He looked lost at times playing against the Lakers yesterday. Even Chris Duhon was outplaying him in certain stretches.

I'd rather have older veterans that have a high basketball IQ than have young players who are average at best. Jason Kidd at 50 years old is a better play maker than Toney Douglas and Jeremy Lin.

Excuse me .. Lin, Shump, Fields, and Novak performed like ALL-STARS consistently under the leadership of experience veterans Jefferies & Chandler.
Douglas performed like a 6th man PG, in a rotation with Felton, W.Chandler, Gallo, and Billups.

knicksin60

Starter
Excuse me .. Lin, Shump, Fields, and Novak performed like ALL-STARS consistently under the leadership of experience veterans Jefferies & Chandler.
Douglas performed like a 6th man PG, in a rotation with Felton, W.Chandler, Gallo, and Billups.

You forgot to mention how Chris Duhon was a steal of a free agent signing for Donnie Walsh and the Knicks.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Excuse me... when did Fields ever perform like an all-star? Also, Novak was still an unknown and defenses weren't game planning for him yet.

FYI - You have to be more than a great 3 pt shooter to be an all-star.

bigapple

Starter
If u dont know ask somebody .... Jason Kidd became a HOF his 3rd season with the Nets in 2003-4, by making the Nets young roster into the NBA top contender 3 seasons in a row.
Jason Kidd has been the top creative PG in the NBA throughout his NBA career .. Kidd has the strongest discipline leadership as a PG in the NBA next to Magic Johnson, Kidd's winning career comes from knowing how to position all the players in his lineup on both offense n defense.

Having Jason Kidd on the roster .. it does not matter if we had Lin & Douglas or Felton & Prig as the next PG on the roster .. they all will follow Jason Kidds rule to WINNING...

Real Talk
P.S. the next best team-discipline veteran "Old-Head" PG equal to Kidd in the NBA is/are Chauncey Billups .. then comes Nash & Derrik Fisher rated under Kidd & Billups.
So the "amnesty" of Chauncey Billups were a DUM move by Knicks management for the 2011-12 season that almost lead the Knicks into having a LOTTERY season, a season inwhich a D.League PG "Lin-Sanity" save-face for Knicks management and coaching-staff.

did i mention anything negative about J-Kidd?

Kidd was playing in 3 NBA finals won 1 Nash never played in NBA Finals

but Nets starting five was stronger than todays Heat
with Kidd Jefferson K-Mart Scalabrinie and others while it was all their prime but they have no one on Center year later Zo traded to Nets

bigapple

Starter

metrocard

Legend

with Kidd Jefferson K-Mart Scalabrinie and others while it was all their prime but they have no one on Center year later Zo traded to Nets

Kiyaman classic.

Kiyaman

Legend

LOL chill .. I just wanted to add some extra about Jason Kidd .. the same as u added the roster of NJ Nets double-finals apearance

deamon

Benchwarmer
a4modonunf.png

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Kidd said hoping to play on next week's road trip. Had MRI, which was clear, he says.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Kidd said hoping to play on next week's road trip. Had MRI, which was clear, he says.

Sweet. Pablo played brilliantly in his stead tonight, but we still need Cpatain Kidd's genius game.

As of right now, I'm thinking Kidd>Pablo>Ray. Seriously.