2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knicksince 93

Rotation player
to say a guy that is 80 something in shooting % is the second best scorer is a joke. hes the best at taking a ton pof shots so it looks like hes a good scorer. problem is many score better then he does

Shooting percentages have nothing to do with being a good genius. He can't be guarded by anyone or any offenses. Your profile name is just an atrocity to look at. I hope you aren't a knicks but then that brings me to my next question. Why are you here? I don't get how anyone can hate on melo and claim they are a knicks fans. He's the reason our record is where it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

skisloper

Starter
I wrote that 20 days ago

anyway things have changed and we need to get our rhythm back

Makes more sense.....When you look back at the first 20 games of the season Melo was a different player....we had quick ball movement.........I cannot blame Melo for the change but can blame Woodson....He is coaches like a ***** and relies on the ISO .

Kiyaman

Legend
Wake-up Time ....

OK Melo-Fans wakeup .. its 32-20 with 30 games left ....
we Knicksfans are puttin the ball in Melo hands for 18 WINS out of the final 30 games of the regular season, which will WIN the 2012-13 season Atlantic Division Title .. will Melo leadership get his teammates to win 18 more games?
Nets and Boston are not a 50 win team with their schedule.

Its midseason, and our slow-ball, perimeter-shooting halfcourt-set system for 40 minutes per-game is no longer working on hungry midseason opponent. We are 1-4 in last 5 games. Where is the run-run in this team for a 3 on 2 fastbreak? We practically live on the perimeter on defensive-end, why not run back on offense?

We have to add 12 to 20 minutes of uptempo transition to our system with or without Melo in the lineup. We have to start scoring on all our opponent weakness by running more players in our rotation (9+man rotation). Fresh legs should be added to the lineup when AMARE come off the bench .. Stat best skills are in a 10 straight minute uptempo system.

It’s time for our experience roster (we have 5 player/coach old-heads) to start showing this team how to take a huge advantage of our opponent weakness.
We be playing against young inexperience players getting huge minutes (Toronto), and injured-players getting huge minutes (like Rubio & Rondo). We should blow-out these teams in 3 quarters.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
This dude knew he needed that knee drained days ago. He Is scared to play in Denver and the way things look I dont blame him. I'd be shocked and eat a flock of crows if he attempts to play. I'd be shocked if he even shows up to the arena.

This aint no M.V.P.

metrocard

Legend
This dude knew he needed that knee drained days ago. He Is scared to play in Denver and the way things look I dont blame him. I'd be shocked and eat a flock of crows if he attempts to play. I'd be shocked if he even shows up to the arena.

This aint no M.V.P.

man...so many highs and lows this season.

metrocard

Legend
482110_603870499641478_1511791252_n.jpg

metrocard

Legend
NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony now tops the NBA's scoring race and its most popular jerseys list.

Anthony took over the No. 1 spot on the league's sales list Tuesday, moving past MVP LeBron James and becoming the first Knicks player at the top since the first list was released in 2001-02.

Anthony was No. 4 last year on the list, which is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York and on NBAStore.com since last November. The reigning Eastern Conference player of the week edged past Kevin Durant in the scoring race after averaging 41.8 points last week.

Durant was third on the jersey sales list, followed by seven-time No. 1 Kobe Bryant and Derrick Rose.

The Knicks remained first in team sales, followed by Miami and the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...ebron-james-miami-heat-atop-jersey-sales-list

metrocard

Legend
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nes-durant-nba-scoring-king-article-1.1319220

[h=1]Carmelo Anthony beats out Thunder’s Kevin Durant for NBA scoring title[/h][h=2]Durant, the league's leading scorer the last three seasons, announced that he'd be sitting out on Instagram Wednesday morning by sharing a photo of a note that read 'SITTING OUT TONIGHT’S GAME, if you disappointed I didn’t try to go for the scoring title, oh wel!!'[/h]
164694619.jpg
[h=4]JARED WICKERHAM/GETTY IMAGES[/h][h=4]Carmelo Anthony becomes the first Knicks player since Bernard King in 1894-85 to win a scoring title. The 10-year veteran averages 28.7 ppg for Mike Woodson this season.[/h]

Carmelo Anthony has won the title — the NBA scoring title, that is.
Neither Anthony nor Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant will play in their team's respective season finales Wednesday, meaning the Knicks' MVP candidate will finish the season as the league's top scorer for the first time in his 10-year NBA career.
Anthony, who will sit out his second straight game Wednesday against Atlanta, finishes the season with a scoring average of 28.7 ppg.
"I think it's great. It's a nice individual award, but I know Melo is thinking bigger than the scoring title," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said after the team's morning shootaround. "His whole thought process this year has been to try to get to the Finals. It starts Saturday (against Boston).
"But I think it's a great accomplishment it's a testament to what he put in last summer, through the Olympic work and getting ready for vet camp, and it's been a beautiful carryover for this season."

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo Blog .. on 2012-13 regular season, and pre-postseason .....

Melo-Fans .. comeout-comeout whereever u are, its the postseason ....

The Postseason Games are the main reason i did not want my Knicks to get involve with the chaotic Melo-Trade.

Things are looking up for Melo in the 2012-13 season winning the scoring title (28.7).
although, that title come from a lot of games where Melo shot 29 FG attempts.
We won 54 games plus the Atlantic Division Title from the guidance/direction of HOF Jason Kidd performing in 76 games averaging 27 minutes per game.
Little do peeps know our coach Woodson was out coach this season by HOF Jason Kidd, who average 6 to 9 minutes of playingtime in the 4th quarter of 76 regular season games .. Jason Kidds coaching and court direction towards teammates for the win has been a hush-hush keep-quiet thang this season so all the publicity & hype could go to the Knicks high scorers for every win on the back page of every newspaper.
We know this is the truth because Woodson coaching has had some of the worst embarrassing first-quarter and first-half outings this season.

The Knicks winning Home-Court advantage for the first round of the postseason over Boston Celtics has the Knicks at a 2-0 lead over Boston.
In 2 games Melo averaging 35 points on 27 fg attempts.
JR 17 pts on 17 fga.
Felton 14 pts on 14 fga, 4 ast.
K-Mart 7pts, 10 rbs, 3 blks.
Every NBA analyst are saying the postseason dont start until u beat a team on their homecourt, I guess the postseason hasnt started for the Boston Celtics losing two straight in the Knicks MSG building.
Every NBA fan when asked about a series between Miami & Boston or a series between Indiana & Boston has said, "Miami will sweep Boston without Rondo, or Indiana will sweep Boston without Rondo." True or False?
Should all Knicks-Fans expectation be the Knicks are going to SWEEP a 7 man rotation Boston Celtics team?
Does the scoring champ Melo, and his 6th man of the year side-kick JR.Smith have a strategy to win two straight games in Boston? reguardless of the reff's favoritism in Boston?
This is just step 1 of the postseason games .... step 2 are the Indiana Pacers 9 Man Rotation staring Paul George & George Hill with 7.2 double-double Roy Hibbert in a 7 game series ..........
:smokin::gony: :smokin:
To be continue ..........

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Kiya here's another question u won't answer because the only and obvious answer to Anything i ask u will result in u putting your foot in your mouth.... if u take melo off the knicks what would our record be or if u take kidd off the knicks what would our record be.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Kiya here's another question u won't answer because the only and obvious answer to Anything i ask u will result in u putting your foot in your mouth.... if u take melo off the knicks what would our record be or if u take kidd off the knicks what would our record be.

Would it be better with kidd or no melo or melo and no kidd

metrocard

Legend
Lebron didn't win sh*t till he helped formed super friends in Miami. Durant got bounced in 5 against the Griz, and he had a much better supporting cast(even with Westbrook out) than Melo did. CP3 couldn't get it done either and he had Blake to work with. It's virtually impossible to win a chip when you don't have help.

anyone who hates on Melo is a ****