2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jafet6

Benchwarmer
I just love the tattoe on his right arm that say "who can i trust" that why he is called selfish!:barf:

I really wish the knicks get the 2nd seed in the east and go to the ECF against the heat! I want the heat and knicks to go like this:

1 round
Heat vs bulls 4-0
Knicks vs sixers 4-2

2nd round
Heat vs celtis 4-1
Knicks vs nets4-3

ECF

Knciks vs heat 4-1

finals

heat vs lakers! 4-1

now that would be interesting season!

Last edited by a moderator:

KingCharles34

All Star
I just love the tattoe on his right arm that say "who can i trust" that why he is called selfish!:barf:

I really wish the knicks get the 2nd seed in the east and go to the ECF against the heat! I want the heat and knicks to go like this:

1 round
Heat vs bulls 4-0
Knicks vs sixers 4-2

2nd round
Heat vs celtis 4-1
Knicks vs nets4-3

ECF

Knciks vs heat 4-1

finals

heat vs lakers! 4-1

now that would be interesting season!

Going through the Nets and Celtics to get to the Heat would be perfect to me. I think we could take 2 games from the Heat

CoolClyde

gay tat

thrustmelo.jpg

gaymelo

source24

Rookie
Carmelo Anthony "Break The Mold" Wallpaper

Going into the 2012-2013 NBA season, one of the most enigmatic Superstar?s in the league is none other than Carmelo Anthony. The lethal scorer has found himself under the bright lights of New York City and hopes to lead the New York Knicks through a deep playoff run this year as he asserts himself as more of a leader and an all around player. If anything, Carmelo Anthony is breaking the mold that so many have placed upon him, this year, he is breaking through and rising to the top.

Download your wallpapers by clicking the link below or the image! :peace:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR MELO WALLPAPERS

If you liked the wallpaper, be sure to share it on facebook or twitter if you have one! It is greatly appreciated when you do! :)

p0nder

Starter
Looks like its 2 45 pound weights on the end bar is natuarally 45 so Yup but thats likely a warm up

Warm-up sets with a spotter? seems a bit extreme. Maybe it was at the end of a pyramid set or something.... 135 is not a lot of weight for even high rep/speed work. Melo's not a big "strong" guy but i know he can bench more then that.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Carmelo on the Atlantic: "Brooklyn got better. Philly got better w/Bynum. Boston is Boston.... (but) we'’re worrying about ourselves." #NYK

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Melo's excited to play w/Felton, whom he's played w/since he was 9. He says Ray plays w/the same chip on his shoulder that he had back then.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Carmelo on playing more PF. 'I?m a wingman & everyone knows that. But it?s an extra incentive (to play the 4)... It gives us more weapons.?

Nate Taylor ‏@ByNateTaylor
Carmelo Anthony is at St. Johns today to promote the NBA Baller Beats video game. He discussed many topics.

Carmelo on 1st full training camp as a Knick: "Of course it makes a difference. Anybody who says it doesn?t is lying."

Carmelo on Raymond Felton: ?This is a special year for him mentally. He wants to prove everybody wrong.?

Carmelo says everywhere he goes people ask to see his Olympic gold medal. Says it's getting framed.

Carmelo on teammates: "I see Amare's in the gym working. Iman is getting his knee right. Tyson was out there with me."

Last tidbit from Carmelo's event. A guy asked this question: Does Jeremy Lin have anything to be scared of?

Carmelo's response: "No, not at all. I don't play against him. I don't guard him so he doesn't have anything to be scared of."

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
FWIW, Carmelo Anthony said today that he's 100% healthy and has no issue w/his hamstring. He's planning to start training again on Monday.

KingCharles34

All Star
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Carmelo on the Atlantic: "Brooklyn got better. Philly got better w/Bynum. Boston is Boston.... (but) we'?re worrying about ourselves." #NYK

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Melo's excited to play w/Felton, whom he's played w/since he was 9. He says Ray plays w/the same chip on his shoulder that he had back then.

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
Carmelo on playing more PF. 'I?m a wingman & everyone knows that. But it?s an extra incentive (to play the 4)... It gives us more weapons.?

Carmelo Anthony is at St. Johns today to promote the NBA Baller Beats video game. He discussed many topics.

Carmelo on 1st full training camp as a Knick: "Of course it makes a difference. Anybody who says it doesn?t is lying."

Carmelo on Raymond Felton: ?This is a special year for him mentally. He wants to prove everybody wrong.?

Carmelo says everywhere he goes people ask to see his Olympic gold medal. Says it's getting framed.

Carmelo on teammates: "I see Amare's in the gym working. Iman is getting his knee right. Tyson was out there with me."

Last tidbit from Carmelo's event. A guy asked this question: Does Jeremy Lin have anything to be scared of?

Carmelo's response: "No, not at all. I don't play against him. I don't guard him so he doesn't have anything to be scared of."

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley
FWIW, Carmelo Anthony said today that he's 100% healthy and has no issue w/his hamstring. He's planning to start training again on Monday.
Cant wait to see Melo lead this team...hes just gotta do what he did the last month and a half of the season. He plays like that and we're at least a 2nd round team. If Stat mans up we're a 3rd round team

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Carmelo Anthony excited about Amar'e Stoudemire's new low-post game
Originally published: August 24, 2012 7:15 PM
Updated: August 24, 2012 8:30 PM
By RODERICK BOONE [email protected]

He hasn't seen Amar'e Stoudemire bust out "The Dream Shake" yet, but Carmelo Anthony thinks Stoudemire's new post game could be a "deadly" weapon for the Knicks.
Stoudemire spent part of his summer working with Hakeem Olajuwon in Texas, getting some one-on-one tutelage in an attempt to become more adept at navigating down low. Just the thought of the added dimension that might give the Knicks' offense has Anthony beaming.
"It's not like he didn't have those moves. I guess he just didn't feel comfortable down there, or whatever it may be," Anthony said Friday during a break at his two-day youth camp at St. John's University. "But him going down there and putting me on the wing, now I get to play off of him rather than me going down there and him playing off of me, which could be a deadly weapon if it all works out."
Anthony is eager to see Stoudemire's updated offensive repertoire. "I haven't seen him," he said. "I've been looking for him, but I haven't see him yet. So I'm ready to see what he's added to his arsenal, and I'm excited . . . that he even went down there and started working with The Dream. So that's a big step forward."
Anthony said he's completely healthy and has tried to get a little rest since returning to the United States from London after Team USA's gold-medal showing at the Olympics. He had some brilliant performances at the Games, including a record-setting 37-point game against Nigeria, leading people to wonder if that success will carry over to the regular season.
That's his intention, though not in an individualistic sense.
"I'm excited just to get this thing going," Anthony said, "especially coming off the run I just had, the run we had with Team USA, how much fun we had, to put a team together and still be able to accomplish something with everybody on that team -- to bring that mentality here back to the New York Knicks, I'm excited about that.
"We've got guys on our team, veteran guys that you don't have to teach the game to. They already know the game. So it's just a matter of all of us putting it all together and making this run."
What the Knicks hope will be a run into June officially begins Nov. 1 at Barclays Center against the Nets. Just don't call it a rivalry with their crosstown opponent. Not at the moment, anyway.
"There's no rivalry between us and Brooklyn right now," Anthony said. "It starts on that first game. We'll see what happens with that first game. But as of right now, we are focused on ourselves. We are not really focused on nobody else."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ar-e-stoudemire-s-new-low-post-game-1.3926136

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Carmelo Rated Amongst NBA's Most Efficient On Drives, Touches At Elbow

The New York Knicks became one of 10 team to purchase a multi-camera system from STATS, LLC that tracks every movement in an NBA game.

Carmelo Anthony was the most efficient player in the NBA of all players who drove the ball at least 40 times in camera-recorded games during the 11-12 season. New York scored 1.66 points per possession on those trips. Anthony shot the ball on 55 percent of those drives and drew fouls on 25 percent of them. Anthony shot just better than 50 percent.

But Anthony drove just 3.1 times per game, equivalent to the same rate as Chandler Parsons and Luol Deng.

Anthony also ranked No. 1 on points per possession on all of his elbow touches. Anthony shot 62 percent on shots taken after an elbow touch.

Via Zach Lowe/Sports Illustrated

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo Rated Amongst NBA's Most Efficient On Drives, Touches At Elbow

The New York Knicks became one of 10 team to purchase a multi-camera system from STATS, LLC that tracks every movement in an NBA game.

Carmelo Anthony was the most efficient player in the NBA of all players who drove the ball at least 40 times in camera-recorded games during the 11-12 season. New York scored 1.66 points per possession on those trips. Anthony shot the ball on 55 percent of those drives and drew fouls on 25 percent of them. Anthony shot just better than 50 percent.

But Anthony drove just 3.1 times per game, equivalent to the same rate as Chandler Parsons and Luol Deng.

Anthony also ranked No. 1 on points per possession on all of his elbow touches. Anthony shot 62 percent on shots taken after an elbow touch.

Via Zach Lowe/Sports Illustrated

Melo-Ball, Melo-Ball, Melo-Ball