2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont understand none of this .. what reason did Melo have to go to the Boston departure bus? reason for suspension.
whatever the reason it started on the court, and shouldve ended on the court.
Word on the net/media are "Honey nut Cheerios" .. an accident elbow to KG face wouldve been worth a suspension, plus made me proud of Melo.
It just dont make any sense.

All this foolishness Melo has been doing in New York has made me into Amare-Fan, Billups-fan, LinSanity-Fan, Douglas-fan, Fields-fan.

KingCharles34

All Star
Great video MSGKnickz33...

The day the Knicks sweep the Celtics in the playoff will be as sweet as a championship.

I hate Boston more than the Heat and I wish nothing but bad upon KG, he's screwed the Knicks big time, and it was so embarrassing to lose to the Celtics with Pierce hitting that big shot on Tyson.

It's officially war on Boston.

They played us big time.

Theres no way their current roster would beat us in a playoff game, i agree with u. We would own them. I gotta give Avery Bradley some props, dude can ball and has instantly made them a better team. But their still weak in the paint. Chandler, Melo, and Stat should be able to go in their and score anytime they want. Chandlers just gotta keep his cool next time against Sullinger, and ill give sullinger this. Hes a good young player that does a great job of positioning himself but hes short and he cant jump. 6'8 with no hops against 7'1 with decent hops...Chandler can get his all day. KG cant guard Chandler either, and Stats given KG problems since day one. We gotta look for Chandler to get 20 points next time we play Boston. I dont think he scored more then 2 or 4 points against them in the 2nd half, we cant have that. Great job on the boards though

bigapple

Starter
that last game they were just lucky just remind cetlics heat game 6 all of celtics was playing crap

it was just matter of luck

look @ this game 6 in boston

Pierce 4-18 0-6

Kevin Garnett, 6-14

Ray Allen, 3-7 1-3

only Rondo was 8-14

as u remember James owned that game from very beggining he was calm focused and scored 45 alone and dont needed others but truely Celtics played crap

even when the press said Heat had no chance @ Boston due they won 90% game there against Heat.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I dont understand none of this .. what reason did Melo have to go to the Boston departure bus? reason for suspension.
whatever the reason it started on the court, and shouldve ended on the court.
Word on the net/media are "Honey nut Cheerios" .. an accident elbow to KG face wouldve been worth a suspension, plus made me proud of Melo.
It just dont make any sense.

All this foolishness Melo has been doing in New York has made me into Amare-Fan, Billups-fan, LinSanity-Fan, Douglas-fan, Fields-fan.

Agreed, but when KG said he'd bang LaLa, just like the rest of the fellas in Harlem is doing, I'd react too. KG just pokes at you in ways. I'm sure he spends time thinking how he can poke certain players because a lot have become numb to it, he know it, so he'll figure new things. Melo's probably heard it all from him and I'm sure KG's been working on this one real hard. Tim Duncan's mom had passed on of cancer a when he was a kid. KG asks How's your Mother's Day going? I've lost a ton of respect for the guy.

Sage

Rotation player
Some choice quotes from Doc Rivers on the subject. It's like he's never even met KG..

"A guy does something crazy like Carmelo did, and the way to get out of trouble is to say, 'Well, he said this.' It happens all the time, and what bugs me about this whole thing is this is not a Kevin Garnett issue. And it was made into one, and it shouldn't have

"(Garnett) does (know where the line is). He does. I will say that. I've never heard him cross the line.

Rest of the article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...thony-feud-doc-rivers-celtics-knicks/1823957/

metrocard

Legend
Some choice quotes from Doc Rivers on the subject. It's like he's never even met KG..

Rest of the article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...thony-feud-doc-rivers-celtics-knicks/1823957/

Yea...Rivers is not bias at all.

he needs to

tumblr_mab9cuHgtg1rpwaqo.gif

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
As for Chi-town
It's tied between Deng and Noah, Deng is pretty good defensively, gives you almost 7 rebounds per game, 18 points and Noah's all around game is coming into the next level, I'm disappointed in Gibson this season.

I'm hoping you don't defend Boozer here.

I dont have to defend any of Chi-town 4 frontcourt bigmen .. they have been the number-1 top co-existin frontcourt bigmen this season, and lastseason .. Noah is averaging 4 assist per game .. imagine if Tyson or Stat could average 3 assist per .. better yet, Melo has the ball in his hands on every offensive possession (Melo have the ball in his hand more than PG-Westbrook & PG-Rondo), and Melo has not average 4 assist per in his NBA career ....
That should explain a lot about why Melo is not a "TEAM-PLAYER" or a candidate for ............ this is what I believe KG was trash-talking to Melo about all 4 quarters, telling Knicks teammates about Melo's selfishness in Denver with AI, K.Mart, Camby, and how Melo's selfishness refuse to resign with Denver because Billups took over the Nuggets team .. a selfishness so strong it has La La in Miami going both ways letting peeps taste the honey nut cheerios .. recall Melo was shooting 24% from the first-quarter of KG trash talking to the 4th quarter of KG trash talking .. La La was just the icing on the cake in the 4th quarter.

If news got out that Melo accidently elbow KG in the face for disrespecting La La, guess what La La wouldve been at the airport catching the first thing flying toward Melo. Now Melo have to pay millions just to taste honey nut cheerios one more time...

jimkcchief88

All Star
I dont have to defend any of Chi-town 4 frontcourt bigmen .. they have been the number-1 top co-existin frontcourt bigmen this season, and lastseason .. Noah is averaging 4 assist per game .. imagine if Tyson or Stat could average 3 assist per .. better yet, Melo has the ball in his hands on every offensive possession (Melo have the ball in his hand more than PG-Westbrook & PG-Rondo), and Melo has not average 4 assist per in his NBA career ....
That should explain a lot about why Melo is not a "TEAM-PLAYER" or a candidate for ............ this is what I believe KG was trash-talking to Melo about all 4 quarters, telling Knicks teammates about Melo's selfishness in Denver with AI, K.Mart, Camby, and how Melo's selfishness refuse to resign with Denver because Billups took over the Nuggets team .. a selfishness so strong it has La La in Miami going both ways letting peeps taste the honey nut cheerios .. recall Melo was shooting 24% from the first-quarter of KG trash talking to the 4th quarter of KG trash talking .. La La was just the icing on the cake in the 4th quarter.

If news got out that Melo accidently elbow KG in the face for disrespecting La La, guess what La La wouldve been at the airport catching the first thing flying toward Melo. Now Melo have to pay millions just to taste honey nut cheerios one more time...

My coworker told me it was fruitloops

metrocard

Legend

It would be great if Chandler had Noah's passing abilities, but Tyson is what we have. He's as good as Noah and Varejao...B level center who can help you win a Championship. Passing isn't a strength of Chandler, but we can admit he does a lot of other things well.

I don't believe Melo was being selfish in anyway.
Sometimes you gotta stand up for yourself and not be punked. Even if you're in a work setting.
It's demoralizing to your character if you let people sh*t on your chest just to be "mature" and "unselfish" to other's people's image of you. People's opinions in the end have no value, and Melo did what he had to do for himself. Melo has practiced a good positive attitude all season, I don't want to hear he's been selfish because from day 1 in the season the refs don't give Melo any calls and Melo has had his body banged up and destroy from all the physical contact. I watch Hornet games, Kings games, even freaking Bobcat games. Players don't like contact and Melo has gotten the most physical damage this season. We need him to be 100% for the playoffs and Melo mentally has to be tired of the BS the refs, Stu Jackson and Stern has put him through. Melo hasn't retaliated to the BS, but KG just took it too far way pass the limit and Melo handled it accordingly like 95% of people would do, maybe even you Kiyaman...you think you may have kept your cool, but in the moment we all become a different person.

Melo is our franchise player, the best player we had since Ewing and probably the most talented player in our franchise history. We have to stand for him and support him, even when he's wrong. This is our best shot at a title, despite the drama, injuries and up and down this season; we stand at 23-12, 2nd in the East. Shumpert returns possibly today against the Bulls. Melo returns, we will develop as much chemistry as we can before the all star weekend and have the possibility of returning as a new and improved team post all star break.

Remember, this is a new team. Knicks haven't been together as long as the Thunder, Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Grizzlies. Those teams had 3-5 years, even some 8-12 years of chemistry developed.

We haven't seen the best our team yet.

Our weakness relies in rebounding and perimeter defense. We can fix that with strategy and practice, possible a trade also.

KingCharles34

All Star
Another routine green rep worthy post from Metrocard, i bet next time we play Boston Garnett will be more cautious with his words. If you dont stand up for yourself it not only shows that your not worthy of respect as a man but it also shows you dont respect yourself as a man. Unless your Tim Duncan, the silent assassin. But Tim Duncans a very rare breed of human, you cant expect other players to be like him.

We should have no problem defending players that aren't super quick out on the perimeter. Like i said in the bulls game thread you have to disrespect someone like Belinelli's ability to drive and create. Invade his personal space...John Stockton

One more thing about Carmelo, hes truly proven hes a superstar player this year. Im very happy for him, someday when hes old and washed up...Larry holmes, he'll get alot more respect career wise then he would have prior to this season

metrocard

Legend
Another routine green rep worthy post from Metrocard, i bet next time we play Boston Garnett will be more cautious with his words. If you dont stand up for yourself it not only shows that your not worthy of respect as a man but it also shows you dont respect yourself as a man. Unless your Tim Duncan, the silent assassin. But Tim Duncans a very rare breed of human, you cant expect other players to be like him.

We should have no problem defending players that aren't super quick out on the perimeter. Like i said in the bulls game thread you have to disrespect someone like Belinelli's ability to drive and create. Invade his personal space...John Stockton

One more thing about Carmelo, hes truly proven hes a superstar player this year. Im very happy for him, someday when hes old and washed up...Larry holmes, he'll get alot more respect career wise then he would have prior to this season

Well played.

I don't think KG is about that life, I wouldn't be surprised to see JR Smith go after him if he tries to mess with Melo. Melo is loved by the lockerroom guys. The only guys I think that won't goon out for him is Amar'e(a lot of estrogen) and Chandler (pretty boy, too professional)

I just don't even.. wow why the F are you fasting during the season? Find clarity in the off season putz
Ditto! Is he out of his mind? An athlete who gets paid $20 mill a year "fasting"??? If I am Dolan I would be thoroughly pissed!!:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Kiyaman

Legend
Come on Melo, you ain't Ghandi baby.

Melo aint Hakeem Olyjuwon, who did "Fast" for Rammadan throughout his NBA career

38 games in the season .....
Amare & Shump is back, and in a week or two Felton will be back ..
when these three players are added to the rotation to receive 20 or more
minutes per game, how many shot attempts should they receive each?
Novak average 24 minunte, and 6 shot attempts per game, which isnt right especially when Felton went down Novak deserve to take no less than 8 shot attempts per game .. oops he did take 8 or more shots in each game Melo missed.

u cant do the above when u have Carmelo Anthony in the rotation averaging
his career 20 plus shot attempts per game.

Someone has to tell Woody & Melo ....
we need a 9 man rotation to have success in the regular season,
we been averaging a little over 80 shot attempts per game, and
we are going to need design-play & broken-play scoring from 6 to 7 different
players in our rotation to get to the ECF.