2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Then that first one is my list. Wade is turning 31 next month and he's starting to fall off already. I called this like 5 years ago. I think he's gonna retire in 2 or 3 years and Lebron's gonna leave Miami.

I wouldnt be surprised at all. He was confused with Kobe Bryant back when the Heat won the championship but the truth is he never had great basketball skills. He had great athleticism and good skills, now he has good athleticism and good skills. Hes slowed down enough where other guards can stay with him more often and contest his shots, he lacks the creativity and skills that Kobe has.

Smh @ these older basketball players like Kobe, KG, and Duncan lapping Bosh, Wade, and Amare. Those three should be disgusted with themselves

Rob Low

Rotation player
I wouldnt be surprised at all. He was confused with Kobe Bryant back when the Heat won the championship but the truth is he never had great basketball skills. He had great athleticism and good skills, now he has good athleticism and good skills. Hes slowed down enough where other guards can stay with him more often and contest his shots, he lacks the creativity and skills that Kobe has.

Smh @ these older basketball players like Kobe, KG, and Duncan lapping Bosh, Wade, and Amare. Those three should be disgusted with themselves

I always laughed at the Kobe comparisons. Kobe came 7 seasons before him and is still better than him at this point smh. He never developed the post game and footwork like Kobe did and his game didn't age well at all. That's why i'm glad Melo doesn't rely too much on athleticism. If he keeps improving his post game and avoids injury he should be around for a long time.

knicksin60

Starter
If Marbury still played in the NBA there is no doubt in my mind that he would be in the top of that list.

Carmelo is top 3 with Lebron and Durant finishing ahead of him. If he had Lebron's athleticism he would be competing with Michael Jordan for best basketball player of the past 30 years.

KingCharles34

All Star
If Marbury still played in the NBA there is no doubt in my mind that he would be in the top of that list.

Carmelo is top 3 with Lebron and Durant finishing ahead of him. If he had Lebron's athleticism he would be competing with Michael Jordan for best basketball player of the past 30 years.

Just imagine Marbury on this current Knicks team. He'd fit in better now then when we first got him. I could also see the Nets being a better team if they had Marbury there, they'd be right behind us

deamon

Benchwarmer
Marbury was a disaster player, definitely very poor PG. Nets were worst with him, changed into best in East with Kidd.

Metool

Rookie
Best players:
1 Le bron
2 KD
3 Melo
4 Kobe
5 D Rose
6 CP 3
7 Dirk
8 Z bo
9 Duncan
10 Dwight

Melo has to be considered for Mvp tho, he's a new player and the knicks would be lucky to even get in the playoffs without him.

Players don't lose their spot due to injury for me. If they get back and under preform for a (long) while, then they'll drop out..

metrocard

Legend
Melo is really banged up, and we should of expected this...he's been getting hacked all year, a man's body can only take so much.

We have to perserve Melo for the playoffs.
If we play him more than 32 minutes per game we will suffer and potential not have Melo for the playoffs.

Copeland can score in many ways and should have his role increased to save Melo for being overplayed.

Melo needs his rest, he's not the physical specimen LeBron James or Kevin Durant are...those guys never get hurt because they're durable as ****.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is really banged up, and we should of expected this...he's been getting hacked all year, a man's body can only take so much.

We have to perserve Melo for the playoffs.
If we play him more than 32 minutes per game we will suffer and potential not have Melo for the playoffs.

Copeland can score in many ways and should have his role increased to save Melo for being overplayed.

Melo needs his rest, he's not the physical specimen LeBron James or Kevin Durant are...those guys never get hurt because they're durable as ****.

they never get hurt because they're protected by the league

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
:alert: MELO INJURY UPDATE :alert:

Alan Hahn (@alanhahn) tweeted at 1:22 AM on Tue, Jan 01, 2013:
?@Mfischhh: @alanhahn melo and amare running on the same team?? Yes. Melo sent him a no-look for a dunk over Copeland earlier.

CAAN'T ****IN' WAIT. Bring on the Blazers. :gony::gony:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
they never get hurt because they're protected by the league

Yes. You beat me to it. I was just about to add that point to this thread. The way that `Melo has beenfouled constantly this season with no calls means that his body has taken one hell of a beating.

LeBron and Durant are the two most protected players in the NBA. I watch a lot of Thunder games because Ibaka is one of my favourite players so I see Durant being looked after by the referees in every game, it`s quite sickening.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Im about to drop my current top 25

1. Kevin Durant
2. Lebron James
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Tim Duncan
7. Kyrie Irving
8. Zach Randolph
9. Steph Curry
10. Al Horford
11. James Harden
12. Kevin Garnett
13. Tony Parker
14. Dwight Howard
15. Josh Smith
16. Serge Ibaka
17. Kevin Love
18. Blake Griff
19. Rudy Gay
20. Jrue Holiday
21. Russell Westbrook
22. Deron Williams
23. Dwayne Wade
24. Varejeo
25. Tyson Chandler
26. Jaokim Noah
27. Chris Bosh

I probably forgot a few players but as u can see I got Melo at #3. So far this year Durant has been amazing. Hes averaging career highs in every category so far except for points and hes a big reason why the Thunder have the best record in the NBA

I got Lebron at #2, I think his supporting cast is not as good this year as some people think it is. For the most part i think Bosh is playing real good and Wade is still a good player even though he continues to slow down. Lebron does alot for that team

The best argument I could see for Melo is if u take him away from us, it'd make it alot tougher for everybody to get their open 3's. And overall hes playing much better defense this year, hes no longer in the liability category. Hes undeniably a MVP candidate, I just think the other two guys are a little better all around.

Kobe at #5 is a little controversial because of the Lakers expectations but they have had all the injuries and two idiot coaches. They probably woulda been better off with the temporary coach they had. I look at it like this, they are right in the playoff hunt. Without Kobe, they might be in the hunt for the #1 pick

After that i didnt put too much thought into it and probably will edit this post later but I also got Chandler at #25. Hes been a man handler.

personally I agree with ESPN's assessment of Melo being the 17th best player in The League and Deron Williams being number 10, Dwight being 3rd best and Gasol and Bynum both being better than him

LOL!!!

My honest top 10 based on order at which I'd like to see them in an NY uniform (I feel this is the best way to get an unbiased order)

Lebron
Derrick Rose (healthy)
Melo
Durant
DWade
Kobe
CP3
Howard
Westbrook
Kyrie

honorable mention
Rondo

D Rose up there may be a shocker but at his best he is simply can't be guarded

Melo gets nod over KD because there is just an edge and toughness to Melo that I do not see in Durant...plus to me Durant has T-Mac/Jermaine Oneil potential in that he could be a player years from now we are looking back at like "what happened to him"

metrocard

Legend
19172835.png

Melo's fresh kicks.