2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
If anyone who thinks Melo could of kept his cool, try being in his position and see how you would react. Kobe, Jordan or anyone never has a full quadricep inserted in their crotch while posting up. I don't care if Melo went 0-26 tonight, Celtics fouled him at will and Violet Palmer missed so many blatant calls like this which should of been a technical.

bqnNV.jpg

That's a fight on my block...KG is a f*gg*t.
Melo was just reacting to KG's b*llsh*t, if you don't think you'll react to that you're a pussified punk. Type of person to let someone slap and spit you in the face. Melo stood up for himself, because KG is a punk protected by the league.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think Melo should have tried to focus on winning then see him after the game. I can't blame him though because he said something about his wife.

metrocard

Legend
People killing Melo... Let's remember that KG called Charlie Villanueva a "cancer patient," no clue what he said to Melo. I heard it about LaLa.

metrocard

Legend
Anyway, I'm Carmelo Anthony's biggest fan right now. What he did is exactly how I want him to represent the Knicks. We've taken enough ****, and it's finally time to start breaking faces.

Red

TYPE-A
Words of wisdom

Good teams win on the road; play defense; keep their composure; excel in the face of adversity; don't let the refs dictate outcomes; rebound; hit foul shots; adapt; and learn from their mistakes.

Great teams do it consistenly!

We're already good... the question is do we want to be great?

Melo you are a leader. Don't fall for the divide-and-conquer.

Class dismissed.

metrocard

Legend
Good teams win on the road; play defense; keep their composure; excel in the face of adversity; don't let the refs dictate outcomes; rebound; hit foul shots; adapt; and learn from their mistakes.

Great teams do it consistenly!

We're already good... the question is do we want to be great?

Melo you are a leader. Don't fall for the divide-and-conquer.

Class dismissed.

Signature size is too massive, (don't get me wrong, it's my favorite signature on the board) but if you could re-edit to this size it'll be easier to read your post.

xl9jjq.jpg

TheScowl

Rookie
Anyway, I'm Carmelo Anthony's biggest fan right now. What he did is exactly how I want him to represent the Knicks. We've taken enough ****, and it's finally time to start breaking faces.

I'd still like to see him keep his composure ON THE COURT...but I can't criticize cause I don't know exactly what went down...

Having said that, what he did OFF the court, i.e. waiting at the bus...I dunno, that don't sound too cool to me. Again I don't know the whole story but this is not a good sign. The "new" Melo has to make better decisions IMHO.

CoolClyde

i like Melo, and i understand his frustration with being knocked in the nuts and having
KG insult his wife, but to overreact by fouling on purpose, getting ask-for-it technicals,
and by shooting and shooting in anger and getting away from the flow of the game,
at the expense of your team is selfish. he is itching to be suspended and
that will be the ultimate selfish move.

KG and Pierce know how to get under their opponent's skin, and know how to control
themselves in the pace of the game. can't say the same for Rondo, but that's another story.

Melo needs to take a chill pill that will carry over to the professional arena. he still has some
maturing to do before he's considered for MVP, because that performance last night
was not MVP material.

we need the beginning of the year Melo, the one who passed out of double teams and kept his cool.

I think Clyde needs to talk to him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, it was a rough game for Melo, but honestly it was a refreshing change to see him respond in a way. Everyone in the NBA knows that Kevin Garnett is the biggest jackass in the league. FFS Tim Duncan, maybe the nicest guy ever, hates him...if you're such a jackass that Tim Duncan hates you...

Plus, I honestly think Melo would destroy him in a fight. Of all the thugs in the NBA...Melo's the only true thug.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
If anyone who thinks Melo could of kept his cool, try being in his position and see how you would react. Kobe, Jordan or anyone never has a full quadricep inserted in their crotch while posting up. I don't care if Melo went 0-26 tonight, Celtics fouled him at will and Violet Palmer missed so many blatant calls like this which should of been a technical.

bqnNV.jpg

That's a fight on my block...KG is a f*gg*t.
Melo was just reacting to KG's b*llsh*t, if you don't think you'll react to that you're a pussified punk. Type of person to let someone slap and spit you in the face. Melo stood up for himself, because KG is a punk protected by the league.

Word up Metro! KG is one of those tall dudes that never had a fight in his life & would get stomped in the real world for running his mouth. This is one of my fave clips:

metrocard

Legend
melo lost his cool and apparently he's no longer a great player and we'll never win in the playoffs. that's basically what I'm seeing around the NBA consensus...idiots.

metrocard

Legend
Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

More Melo: "I lost my cool yesterday. I accept that. But certain things that push certain people's buttons." #Knicks

8m Barbara Barker Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

Carmelo on what kg said: Something "you shouldn't say to a grown man." #Knicks

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

More Melo: "I lost my cool yesterday. I accept that. But certain things that push certain people's buttons." #Knicks

8m Barbara Barker Barbara Barker ‏@meanbarb

Carmelo on what kg said: Something "you shouldn't say to a grown man." #Knicks
I would have happily taken Melo's suspension if he beat his azz yesterday

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Apparently Melo cleared the Air with Garnett on the phone after the game. The convo probably went something like this:

*ring* *ring*
KG: yo, who there
Melo: it's me you little bitch
KG: yo what's up Black Mamba
Melo: no you fag, Melo
KG: ohhhhhhhhh hey dog what's up. Listen, I don't need no stalking bull***t on my bus, son. It's just a game didn't mean nothin by it
Melo: so you were just trash talking?
KG: yeahhhhhhh dog, it's all good
Melo: ok ok, just don't do that again
KG: yeah for sure for sure. Your wife doesn't taste like honey cherios at all, son. that hoe tastes like f***ing nasty cheese stank, I'll send u some f***ing massengil
Melo: WHAT!? - YOU f***ING COC...
*dial tone*

knicksince 93

Rotation player
He lost his cool and he shouldn't have. Lesson learned on his part. Now nothing else that isn't as powerful as what as kg said should effect him at all. He'll be better because of it. I hope melo proves all these beat writers and "experts" wrong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Red

TYPE-A
Signature size is too massive, (don't get me wrong, it's my favorite signature on the board) but if you could re-edit to this size it'll be easier to read your post.

xl9jjq.jpg

How's that?

BTW after tough loses to BOS and CHI we're geting reputation of not being able to handle when teams play us hard.

Unfortunately I have to look at our leaders such as coach and Kidd etc...

Our leaders must calm us down and help the team maintain- surprisingly it was more JR doing this than Melo. And also I saw an opportunity/need for STAT last night.