Post one thing you're looking forward to this Knicks season.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I have a bunch:
-Our interior D with Camby and Chandler.
-Stellar performances from Melo.
-Stat and Chandler's post moves.
-Felton's chemistry with Stat and the rest of the team.
-Kidd checking into rehab.
-Felton winning Biggest Loser. (jk I think Woodson will bring him back to shape)
-Maintenance workers making the glass doors to fire extinguishers shatter proof.
-Dolan discovering a malignant tumor in his right testicle.
-Lin deciding he hates it in Houston and begs them to trade him to the Knicks (sorry I couldn't resist)

I'm looking forward to the 2013 NBA Finals. New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers haha :gony::gony::gony:

Well said. Except I don't care who we smash in the West. To add to topic...i also look forward to seeing the bockers smacking the btchness out of Houston.....my new most hated team.

iSaYughh

Starter
Looking forward to people being exposed, as good and bad, and right and wrong. Players and fans alike.

Thus, I look forward to a very interesting and intriguing season.

I'm not particularly thrilled or a major fan of any major player or personsal to this NYK team (except for TyChan), so I won't front and say I'm ecstatic to watch Melo and Amare and JR Smith play ball......

I'm looking forward to watching some NYK basketball, period, regardless.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;244290 said:
Oh yes. That's gonna be captivating.

I'm looking forward to seeing STAT in action, though. That's a make and break for this team.

Very true! I am pre-emptively captivated to see STAT in action.

So many questions surrounding his tethering to MDA, NASH, can he play with a TRUE 5? Not to mention, Melo......

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Very true! I am pre-emptively captivated to see STAT in action.

So many questions surrounding his tethering to MDA, NASH, can he play with a TRUE 5? Not to mention, Melo......

That's right! I've saved a plethora of swear words for him if he can't. :lol:

Just read this little piece on him:

Then in the afternoon, Stoudemire works with a conditioning coach focusing a lot on cardio, core development and hip movement in order to ensure that part of his body is quicker and stronger for defensive maneuvering and positioning. That's arguably his biggest deficiency, which is why the defensive-minded Mike Woodson wants him to improve in that area, so he can be more consistent making stops.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22201/whats-amare-stoudemire-been-up-to

Any predictions? You're a man sporting a good frontal lobe, Zeke. Whatcha got?

I'll go with 19 PPG - 9RPG - 1.4 BPG and 49FG%.

What I'd like to see is a 20 - 10 season, or if not a bump in PPG, a significant bump in RPG.

I want to see this line-up on the floor at least once:

SG -Jason Kidd - 39 yrs old
PG -Pablo Prigioni - 35 yrs old
C - Marcus Camby - 38 yrs old
PF -Amare Stoudemare - 30 yrs old in November
SF - Kurt Thomas - 40 yrs old in October

elcol

Rotation player
I want to see Amare, Carmelo, and Felton play like they want to shut the media up and I want to see them prove that they can go big.

The reality of it is that they know they deserve the criticism they recieved. Not everything is just about how the media hates the knicks. The knicks have not been very good the past two years, especially a team with so much talent.

I want to see Carmelo tell ESPN to shut the **** up through all 82 games. This season will define STAT and melo's careers.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;244296 said:
That's right! I've saved a plethora of swear words for him if he can't. :lol:

Just read this little piece on him:

Then in the afternoon, Stoudemire works with a conditioning coach focusing a lot on cardio, core development and hip movement in order to ensure that part of his body is quicker and stronger for defensive maneuvering and positioning. That's arguably his biggest deficiency, which is why the defensive-minded Mike Woodson wants him to improve in that area, so he can be more consistent making stops.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22201/whats-amare-stoudemire-been-up-to

Any predictions? You're a man sporting a good frontal lobe, Zeke. Whatcha got?

I'll go with 19 PPG - 9RPG - 1.4 BPG and 49FG%.

What I'd like to see is a 20 - 10 season, or if not a bump in PPG, a significant bump in RPG.

I see a pretty big year for Amare, where he plays well, and gets quintessential, high-% Amare looks.

I see his total points being underwhelming, but his fg% going back to something approaching primetime STATistical days. Rebounding I'm just hoping for 7+, though! :(

17.5PPG, 8.2RPG, 2 BPG, 56FG%

CoolClyde

I see a pretty big year for Amare, where he plays well, and gets quintessential, high-% Amare looks.

I see his total points being underwhelming, but his fg% going back to something approaching primetime STATistical days. Rebounding I'm just hoping for 7+, though! :(

17.5PPG, 8.2RPG, 2 BPG, 56FG%

agreed Ugh and 8's! going back to the thread/Poll: Whose Individual Success Is Most Important To NY Next Season?, STAT was the clear winner, and now that Feltip will be running the point, there's a good chance their P&R chemistry will blossom once again and help STAT lead the O&B to the promised land.

and once Hakeem the f*cking Dream teaches STAT some post moves, I def expect 20 and 8.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I looking forward the "Defense" chant meaning something again in the Garden....I am looking forward to Chandler/Cambyman throwing a block party. I am looking forward to the Knicks being on national TV 2-3 times a week like the good ole' days. I am looking forward to Hubie Brown doing our games again. I am looking forward to Reggie Miller having to actually say nice thing about the Knicks. I am looking forward to getting up on Sunday am and the Knicks/Heat kicking off the doubleheader. I am looking forward to watching J Kidd in the colors dropping dimes. And finally I am looking forward to MELO wheeling and dealing and making believers out of even the most hard-core haters:)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I looking forward the "Defense" chant meaning something again in the Garden....I am looking forward to Chandler/Cambyman throwing a block party. I am looking forward to the Knicks being on national TV 2-3 times a week like the good ole' days. I am looking forward to Hubie Brown doing our games again. I am looking forward to Reggie Miller having to actually say nice thing about the Knicks. I am looking forward to getting up on Sunday am and the Knicks/Heat kicking off the doubleheader. I am looking forward to watching J Kidd in the colors dropping dimes. And finally I am looking forward to MELO wheeling and dealing and making believers out of even the most hard-core haters:)

Now that, Jim, was quite the read. Nice.

I think you're right about Melo. He's been through the turmoil that Knickdom puts on underachieving through the start of last season. He has his coach now, and a supporting cast to carry and lead. He also has the tutelage he needs in the presence of veterans, and the voice he needs defensively in TC.

Really looking forward to his upcoming season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;244555 said:
Now that, Jim, was quite the read. Nice.

I think you're right about Melo. He's been through the turmoil that Knickdom puts on underachieving through the start of last season. He has his coach now, and a supporting cast to carry and lead. He also has the tutelage he needs in the presence of veterans, and the voice he needs defensively in TC.

Really looking forward to his upcoming season.

Cool:) And you should be looking forward to this season because it's going to be the best in years!!!! I promise you it's going to be worth everything KNICKS fans have suffered through the past decade. It's going to be like 1994 all over again. We finally got a squad and a coach:) I was dusting off my old photo of Camby, Spree and Houston together just last night!!!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player

Yes to ALL of the above... Especialy Reggie.

STAT1

Starter
I want to see Amare, Carmelo, and Felton play like they want to shut the media up and I want to see them prove that they can go big.

The reality of it is that they know they deserve the criticism they recieved. Not everything is just about how the media hates the knicks. The knicks have not been very good the past two years, especially a team with so much talent.

I want to see Carmelo tell ESPN to shut the **** up through all 82 games. This season will define STAT and melo's careers.

Agreed! The players on this team should ALL be playing with a huge chip on their shoulders this season, most of them have a ton of questions & past criticisms that they should be focused on squashing with their play this season. STAT needs to come back & prove that last year was no fluke & that he's still got plenty left in the tank to give this team that put so much faith in him to sign him to that huge contract. Melo needs to prove that he can be the man while still meshing well with STAT. Ray Felton needs to prove to everyone that he's just as good a player as Lin is just like he said & that he's back in shape & ready to go. JR Smith needs to prove that he can be more than just a streaky bench player & play some intelligent basketball. Camby, J Kidd & KT need to prove they're still too young to file for Social Security. :thumbsup:

STAT1

Starter
I want to see this line-up on the floor at least once:

SG -Jason Kidd - 39 yrs old
PG -Pablo Prigioni - 35 yrs old
C - Marcus Camby - 38 yrs old
PF -Amare Stoudemare - 30 yrs old in November
SF - Kurt Thomas - 40 yrs old in October

LOL! Is that the All-AARP Dream Team? :teeth:

CoolClyde

LOL! Is that the All-AARP Dream Team? :teeth:

oldman.jpg