Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
  1. #46
    Member NewYorkInferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeryGundy View Post
    So did you just join KO to take a shot at Lin? GTFO, newbie.
    I liked lin. Had a shirt and a sign and a fathead with him on it. But now with his comments by wanting to be a knick and not wanting the money, when the truth it he wanted the money.

  2. #47
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkInferno View Post
    We couldnt trade Lin for CP3 in a S&T if we were over the luxury tax. Thats why we are trying to stay under the cap. For a shot at paul. Maybe melo tipped off the front office about paul's plan to join the nyk.
    The only way for the Knicks to get under the cap to sign CP3 is if we're able to find some team to take STAT's contract off our books. Not even sure we'd have enough even in that scenario, it would all depend on what the salary cap is set to that offseason.

    If the true plan was to indeed make a play for CP3, then the SMART thing to do would have been to match Lin & Landry's offer sheets in order to ensure we would be able to offer some young assets in return. The Knicks chose not to, so any thought of getting CP3 needs to be forgotten about. It's not happening unless we run into another Jeremy Lin type asset in the next year or so. Not likely.
    Woodsanity!

  3. #48
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkInferno View Post
    I liked lin. Had a shirt and a sign and a fathead with him on it. But now with his comments by wanting to be a knick and not wanting the money, when the truth it he wanted the money.
    Agreed. I don't like the spin doctoring that Lin's putting out there at all. Would have respected him much more if he had just kept it real & said he made the choice that he thought was best for him & his family & left it at that. To try & make this sound like he did not feel "wanted" by the Knicks is a little ridiculous.
    Woodsanity!

  4. #49
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Agreed. I don't like the spin doctoring that Lin's putting out there at all. Would have respected him much more if he had just kept it real & said he made the choice that he thought was best for him & his family & left it at that. To try & make this sound like he did not feel "wanted" by the Knicks is a little ridiculous.
    In your heart of hearts do you feel like this whole Lin situation was a debacle not only from the Knicks side but Lin's as well? Or this situation clearly one-sided to you?

    I think Lin is entitled to give his thoughts after all , all we know is what the media gives us or what information we as fans seeks out
    poster formally know as JeffVanGundyPLEASE!

  5. #50
    Member NewYorkInferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    The only way for the Knicks to get under the cap to sign CP3 is if we're able to find some team to take STAT's contract off our books. Not even sure we'd have enough even in that scenario, it would all depend on what the salary cap is set to that offseason.

    If the true plan was to indeed make a play for CP3, then the SMART thing to do would have been to match Lin & Landry's offer sheets in order to ensure we would be able to offer some young assets in return. The Knicks chose not to, so any thought of getting CP3 needs to be forgotten about. It's not happening unless we run into another Jeremy Lin type asset in the next year or so. Not likely.
    Matching Lin + Landry would mean we would be over the luxury tax and not able to do a S&T for CP3. we got to be under the tax for a shot at all.

  6. #51
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Spreewell Sh*tting on Dolan Link

    Read this article and you all will feel a little better. Spreewell Kept it 100 with the idiot in charge. I just wish there was a video...

  7. #52
    Newbie TheScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The Knicks are a badly run franchise. Especially in player personnel decisions. Think about it this way. How many player acquisition decisions in the last 30 years really came up big? I can think of one.

    Bernard King

    Ok, some others paid dividends, like picking up Allan Houston and later Sprewell. Drafting David Lee. Any others?

  8. #53
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It's weird that you hated Starbury but was a Lin fan....anyway, welcome back Pancakes.

  9. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Please understand that CP3 will not come to NY. Not a shot. We have to trade one of the big three to even consider him. He likes the Clippers and if they make the playoffs again this year, he'll likely stay with them.

    And going back and forth about why it was wrong to not match Lin, now isn't going to help anything. It has the same effect as if you missed a game winning shot. You can't take it back. The only way we can ever get Lin back is after his 3rd year if he decides to come back or if by chance and I mean 0.0001% David Stern interferes like he did with the CP3 trade as he watches MSG stock plummet . Personally, I think the poison pill is just bad ethics as it can really screw over a small market (which we're not but we did just act like one) team if they have a star player that they depend on but that's a different issue but ethics have never existed in business, particularly the NBA.

    Let's focus on the positives in terms of basketball because we all know Dolan is a f*ck up when it comes to business and I'm pretty sure he would be screwed if he owned any other team besides the Knicks:
    We have Melo. Say what you want but he played lights out in April WITHOUT LIN and really helped us get into that 7th seed. He's also motivated and he's been working this past off-season.

    Both Stat and Chandler have been working with Hakeem. Should be esp beneficial for Chandler as he would get a much needed post game. Stat needs to work on his defense, badly.

    We have 2 shot blocking centers now in Camby and Chandler

    Our PGs are not our strong point but the Bulls (90s), Lakers, and Heat never had standout PGs and primarily depended on their star players to come through.

    Shump hopefully will be back and I still see a lot of potential in him. I think if he just gets a consistent jump shot and a lil improvement in decision making he can be an all-star. He has everything else you want in a guard.

    Veteran leadership is a positive as we've seen with Derek Fisher, Kidd on the Mavs, and the Spurs.

    Most of us regret Dolan's decision but we can't change anything. Let's just hope for next season and pray to the basketball gods that we don't go back to the Dark Ages of the 2000s.

  10. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYNYK View Post
    Please understand that CP3 will not come to NY. Not a shot. We have to trade one of the big three to even consider him. He likes the Clippers and if they make the playoffs again this year, he'll likely stay with them.

    And going back and forth about why it was wrong to not match Lin, now isn't going to help anything. It has the same effect as if you missed a game winning shot. You can't take it back. The only way we can ever get Lin back is after his 3rd year if he decides to come back or if by chance and I mean 0.0001% David Stern interferes like he did with the CP3 trade as he watches MSG stock plummet . Personally, I think the poison pill is just bad ethics as it can really screw over a small market (which we're not but we did just act like one) team if they have a star player that they depend on but that's a different issue but ethics have never existed in business, particularly the NBA.

    Let's focus on the positives in terms of basketball because we all know Dolan is a f*ck up when it comes to business and I'm pretty sure he would be screwed if he owned any other team besides the Knicks:
    We have Melo. Say what you want but he played lights out in April WITHOUT LIN and really helped us get into that 7th seed. He's also motivated and he's been working this past off-season.

    Both Stat and Chandler have been working with Hakeem. Should be esp beneficial for Chandler as he would get a much needed post game. Stat needs to work on his defense, badly.

    We have 2 shot blocking centers now in Camby and Chandler

    Our PGs are not our strong point but the Bulls (90s), Lakers, and Heat never had standout PGs and primarily depended on their star players to come through.

    Shump hopefully will be back and I still see a lot of potential in him. I think if he just gets a consistent jump shot and a lil improvement in decision making he can be an all-star. He has everything else you want in a guard.

    Veteran leadership is a positive as we've seen with Derek Fisher, Kidd on the Mavs, and the Spurs.

    Most of us regret Dolan's decision but we can't change anything. Let's just hope for next season and pray to the basketball gods that we don't go back to the Dark Ages of the 2000s.
    Agree 100%. What's done is done. Perhaps things may just work out for the better for everyone, the Knicks getting into R2 and Lin getting to play the game he is meant to play making the playoffs in Houston. Can't we all just get along? haha

  11. #56
    Veteran pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,036
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VeryGundy View Post
    I am pretty sure that's what Dolan said after he got nothing back for Fields and Lin.

    How the **** did the man become a billionaire with such retarded brain?
    inheritance.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

  12. #57
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    What's up with you guys that say "Melo had a great April!"

    WTF!?

    When you give up 26 players, 45 draft picks, and 7.6 billion dollars for a guy, I sure as **** hope he would show up a few months BEFORE April.

    Fawk that April, we wouldn't even be a 10th seed at that point if Lin doesn't drop from the Heavens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •