The faggotry on this board...

Has got to stop.. Yall acting like we just lost Chris Paul or something. It's someone we know little about in terms of what his full value and potential is. We'll be fine..

Forrest17

Rotation player
Im not just mad about Lin leaving, Im mad that we have nothing to be excited about at the PG position going into next season. Almost every position we have someone who can on any night really light up the court, but now we've settled for felton who looks SO out of shape that it is just sad more than anything. Looking at him actually depresses me.

What really makes me angry is we did nothing to get a deal for Dragic or Lowry, we didn't decide to let him go sooner, we once again got screwed over and ended up with jack like we always seem to.

We didn't loose Chris Paul but we lost our most exciting player next to carmelo for absolutely nothing. And it sucks badly.

Kiyaman

Legend
Has got to stop.. Yall acting like we just lost Chris Paul or something. It's someone we know little about in terms of what his full value and potential is. We'll be fine..

Sillyboy .... Jeremy Lin was as close as the Knicks will ever get to having a Chris Paul. The incompetence of u dating a virgin woman for a year and your homeboy comes along to pop her cherry.

Winning the arbitration for Birds Rights became a waste of great luck when our Knicks management incompetence showed no interest at all in one of the NBA biggest $$$ comodities since Lebron & MJ.

Did Lin-Sanity lose any fans? Hell No! he gained more.
Did the Knicks lose any fans? Hell yeah! watch all the Knicks jerseys in the new Brooklyn Nets stadium.

Interim Grunwald would not be the Knicks new GM if there was no Jeremy Lin...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sillyboy .... Jeremy Lin was as close as the Knicks will ever get to having a Chris Paul. The incompetence of u dating a virgin woman for a year and your homeboy comes along to pop her cherry.

Winning the arbitration for Birds Rights became a waste of great luck when our Knicks management incompetence showed no interest at all in one of the NBA biggest $$$ comodities since Lebron & MJ.

Did the Knicks lose any fans? Hell yeah! watch all the Knicks jerseys in the new Brooklyn Nets stadium.

Kiya wake up dude...C'mon Man!!!! I have been reading your posts for years and you never fall for the popularity contest and that is what this is. Lin would have cost the KNICKS 43 million that third year including luxury taxes. When Houston changed the offer, that made it a no-go. Lin and his agent are to blame for this. I guess Lin was tired of sleeping on his bro's couch. It's a win for Houston because the aren't going anywhere in a loaded west, but they can claim thier YOA fans back. This a MARKETING STUNT, NOT A BASKETBALL MOVE. 25 games and skipping the playoffs couldn't bring 25 million. LIN sat out against the HEAT even though he was 85% I'm sure because of his agent. The HEAT backcourt would have exposed him on national tv. If LIN was a competitor, he would have played to prove himself. WE COULD HAVE USED ANOTHER GUARD AFTER SHUMP WENT DOWN WITH A LEGIT KNEE INJURY. BUT J LIN REFUSED TO PLAY FOR OUR KNICKS. SO HE NEVER WAS A TRUE KNICK IN THE FIRST PLACE. LET HIM GO.... Lin is like that hot girlfriend you loved, but dumped you when your hours get cut at work and you couldn't afford fancy dinners anymore. SHE(HE) isn't there in your time of need......

...why would they wear their Knicks' jerseys to Nets games?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

tumblr_lq2x19uxFd1qmp1x5.gif

Last edited:

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Kiya wake up dude...C'mon Man!!!! I have been reading your posts for years and you never fall for the popularity contest and that is what this is. Lin would have cost the KNICKS 43 million that third year including luxury taxes. When Houston changed the offer, that made it a no-go. Lin and his agent are to blame for this. I guess Lin was tired of sleeping on his bro's couch. It's a win for Houston because the aren't going anywhere in a loaded west, but they can claim thier YOA fans back. This a MARKETING STUNT, NOT A BASKETBALL MOVE. 25 games and skipping the playoffs couldn't bring 25 million. LIN sat out against the HEAT even though he was 85% I'm sure because of his agent. The HEAT backcourt would have exposed him on national tv. If LIN was a competitor, he would have played to prove himself. WE COULD HAVE USED ANOTHER GUARD AFTER SHUMP WENT DOWN WITH A LEGIT KNEE INJURY. BUT J LIN REFUSED TO PLAY FOR OUR KNICKS. SO HE NEVER WAS A TRUE KNICK IN THE FIRST PLACE. LET HIM GO.... Lin is like that hot girlfriend you loved, but dumped you when your hours get cut at work and you couldn't afford fancy dinners anymore. SHE(HE) isn't there in your time of need......
Money is not a issue when the money generated by Lin out-weight the cost.

Can we even beat the heat in a 7 game series with lin?
Are you a doctor? are you lin? Do you truly know the extend of the injury?

1st bold: Lin might have cost the Knicks 43 mill in the 3rd year. Fixed that for you. There are things you can do to make sure this doesnt happen.

2nd bold: So the heat backcourt exposing Lin, would this be similar to how the Heat Front Court exposed Melo? You wanted him to play at less than 100%/ wouldnt that make him likely to be exposed by the Heat backcourt more likely?

Paul1355

All Star

Not CHris Paul but could be a top 10 PG and better than Felton and Kidd.....who knows what Lin will be by year 3?

Look at his stats during those 35 games he played compared to every other PG...he was in elite status when he was playing.

It certainly does. Par for the course for Dolan & his ego machine running this franchise.

You put your heart and soul into this team for years and to have something this stupid happen totally PMO. I really want to know TRUTHFULLY why this decision was made.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You really think the Knick can sign CP3?
Not at all, we have no chance in hell to land Cp3, and i have no doubt Cp3 will remain a clipper... we also dont have the assets to sign him. cp3 is going to opt out of the clippers and re-sign with them for MORE money..... and thats that.

As far as saying "Lin is the closes thing the Knicks had to having a chris paul". I don't see how that's possible because Jeremy Lin is nothing like chris paul, not even close matter fact nowhere near close to bringing the type of Impact chris paul has on games. Chris Paul is a GAME CHANGER and FRANCHISE PLAYER. Jeremy Lin is an average PG with many flaws to his game and still has along way to go before he's in the league with the big boys.

Lin will never be anything close to Chris Paul especially not in this system where woody runs the offense through Melo and Amare.

To say Lin was the closes thing the Knicks will ever had to being a Chris Paul is grossly Naive.

Lin was the closes thing the knicks ever had to being a "Prime steve Nash"... but a Chris Paul ?? NOT A CHANCE.

Last edited:
Not at all, we have no chance in hell to land Cp3, and i have no doubt Cp3 will remain a clipper... we also dont have the assets to sign him. cp3 is going to opt out of the clippers and re-sign with them for MORE money..... and thats that.

As far as saying "Lin is the closes thing the Knicks had to having a chris paul". I don't see how that's possible because Jeremy Lin is nothing like chris paul, not even close matter fact nowhere near close to bringing the type of Impact chris paul has on games. Chris Paul is a GAME CHANGER and FRANCHISE PLAYER. Jeremy Lin is an average PG with many flaws to his game and still has along way to go before he's in the league with the big boys.

Lin will never be anything close to Chris Paul especially not in this system where woody runs the offense through Melo and Amare. To say Lin is the closes thing the Knicks will ever have to being a Chris Paul is grossly Naive.

Well maybe we should have decided on a different coach. Giving up young assets because your coach cant devise a system where everyone can gel is asinine. I really hope this isbnt why we made this boneheaded move...

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Money is not a issue when the money generated by Lin out-weight the cost.

Can we even beat the heat in a 7 game series with lin?
Are you a doctor? are you lin? Do you truly know the extend of the injury?

How much more money are the Knicks going to generate for themselves with Lin around? All gear revenue is split 30 ways. MSG is sold out next season, unless you double the price of beer, concessions is pretty much set. The winners would be the businesses surrounding the facility, ticket scalpers, and the media. Do you add on another $5 "Lin surcharge" to cable rates? Do you raise ticket prices 10% in 13-14 and 14-15?

Wargames

Starter
How much more money are the Knicks going to generate for themselves with Lin around? All gear revenue is split 30 ways. MSG is sold out next season, unless you double the price of beer, concessions is pretty much set. The winners would be the businesses surrounding the facility, ticket scalpers, and the media. Do you add on another $5 "Lin surcharge" to cable rates? Do you raise ticket prices 10% in 13-14 and 14-15?

MSG stock down 3.3% equivalent to 90 million dollars since Lin announcement...

Dolan is a dunce man. The smartest move would of been to keep him and trade him but they didn't cause they couldn't get a handshake agreement from anyone to take him.... what kind of bush league sh*t is the Knicks FO trying to pass as srategy?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Well maybe we should have decided on a different coach. Giving up young assets because your coach cant devise a system where everyone can gel is asinine. I really hope this isbnt why we made this boneheaded move...
The truth is this Knick team we have structured does not compliment each other... like none of our pieces go with the other, which is why our offense struggles at times.

Lin does not work with Carmelo, Carmelo does not work with Amare or Lin, Amare does not work with Chandler.

Lin thrives with the ball in his hands

Carmelo thrives with the ball in his hands

Stat thrives with the ball in his hands and a center that can stretch the floor

so to me it really doesn't matter what coach you have.

you had Dantoni who is a PG minded coach.

Dantoni ran the offense through Lin and it was like ok what do we need Carmelo for? shouldn't we trade him? is he now suppose to be a catch and shoot player, taking away from his other strengths. Dantoni used Lin as if he were steve Nash and Carmelo as if he were "jared dudley"

so now we have Woodson

Woodson prefers running the ball through our star players "carmelo and Amare" so it's like ok? whats the point in having Lin? Lin thrived with the ball in his hand and attacking the basket, making all the decisions.. so how does he compliment carmelo? is Lin now suppose to just play the "mario Chalmers" role and pass to the star players on the team and pick his spots in when he wants to attack the basket, Lin is not that type of player he's not a catch and shoot PG so how does he compliment melo if he prefers to have the ball in his hands?

The pieces don't fit on this team, we get by at times from "pure talent alone"

Lin is set up perfectly in Houston where he can run the offense his way, and feel more comfortable

He's making 25 mill in Houston to play up to his potential and free roam, im honestly more comfortable with him being there and making that kind of money, Than him being here in New York making that kind of money while playing a limited role for this team.

I would of matched Lin for long time purposes because in 3 years when our big contracts are expiring (amare, Melo, Chandler) we would of had a legit chance to build off Lin and Shump while were in rebuilding mode.

Last edited:

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
You put your heart and soul into this team for years and to have something this stupid happen totally PMO. I really want to know TRUTHFULLY why this decision was made.

I don't know the details, but this is what I put together from the last 2 weeks:
Melo called Lin's contract ridiculous. JR Smith questioning Lin's length of service and being rewarded with the contract. This is Melo's team. Lockerroom is one aspect.

The Rockets negotiation phase and subsequent 2nd offer. July 5, first offer sits at 4 years 28 million, 19 guaranteed. Breaksdown 5-5-9 and 9(unguaranteed). Tough to swallow and but matchable. Woodson publicly states they'll match that. Morey goes back behind closed doors, reworks a tougher poison pill, thus the possible delay in getting that offer sheet done, should have been done July 11, but didn't come out until July 15. Seems now there's in will between the Rockets and Knicks, Knicks citing unspoken rule of the moratorium period. Woodson should have just shut his mouth and let the deal ride.

The tax is an issue as well. But when you have Melo, Tyson and Amare with 3 years remaining on their deals, Kidd, and Camby signing for 3 years, you have a 3 year window to take it all. It's not consistent with what the Knicks have done in the past Jerome James, Eddy Curry, small sample size rewarded big. At the end, get some value for losing him. For crissakes, the Mavs were able to score Darren Collison for Ian Mahinmi.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
The truth is this Knick team we have structured does not compliment each other... like none of our pieces go with the other, which is why our offense struggles at times.

:agreed::agreed:

It's frustrating for us longtime Knicks fans that FO kept making stupid moves. There was never any longterm plan. It's almost like the George Steinbrenner days back in the 80s. Get star players and let them figure out the chemistry issues. Only in basketball, you really need the right chemistry for championship level team work.

Now we are going to win it all according to some posters here because we finally have the right pieces. We are stronger because of Lin's departure. Why am I having a difficult time buying into that sales pitch?