2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
We should look to trading Felton before his performance begins to decline. I heard Brandon Jennings is on the trade block.

smokes

Huge Member
We should look to trading Felton before his performance begins to decline. I heard Brandon Jennings is on the trade block.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Felton honestly. He's played above expectations overall this year IMHO.

He's had some horrible games here and there but I'm not really surprised with the lineup shuffling as well as his role, one game he's playing second to Melo and next game he's asked to be the main man, and when STAT comes back he'll probably have some role shifts again.

I don't doubt that Felton has the quality to win us a playoff series playing point for us. He's still learning.

metrocard

Legend
I just have a bad feeling about Felton. I would hate to revisit this thread, but I hope Felton continues to prove me wrong.

Meloball

Benchwarmer
Felton should focus on facilitating offence when his shot is off. Sometimes he is a liability when he continues to chuck shots on a bad night. I think Woodson did a good job in taking him outve the game tonight when he gets into one of these slumps

zwickks

Benchwarmer
I think we should give him a while to work with STAT.

It would probably kill him to be traded by the Knicks again so soon.

Kiyaman

Legend
Felton should focus on facilitating offence when his shot is off. Sometimes he is a liability when he continues to chuck shots on a bad night. I think Woodson did a good job in taking him outve the game tonight when he gets into one of these slumps

When Felton made that comment of being more improve before the 2012-13 season ..
I actually thought Felton reviewed tapes of his last two seasons in the NBA during the offseason to find out just how poor he were at "facilitating" the ball to his teammates in New York, Denver, and Portland.

Felton has not change his performance from being a Bobcats for 5 seasons ..
the only thing change about Felton performance is having the NBA unstoppable high-scorers to kick the ball to as teammates.

I complain about Felton's first season as a Knicks being all-star-high on averaging 8+ assist on just two-plays, the consistent pick n roll with Amare, and throwing the ball out to the 3-ball peremeter for Dantoni's 35+ 3-ball shot attempts.

I recall shoutin-out Douglas/Fields dynamic pressure-defense stagnating our oponents PG into commiting turnovers, while Felton not passing the ball to fellow teammates Gallo/Chandler/Williams/and our rookie Mozgov on so many back-door plays .. it took a 2nd season PG-Toney Douglas (average 4 assist) to start throwing Alley-oops to Turiaf, Mosgov, Chandler, and Gallo to make Felton aware of our depth teammates .. but it was to late, the February trade deadline arrive with an aghausted Amare averaging 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 1.5 blockshots tired from the majority of his teammates being injury-prone , and neglected on offense by a 39 minute PG-Felton.

Yes I was happy we traded Felton for a player/coach PG-Chauncey Billups ..
I wanted scoring SG-Ellis next to go with Amare & Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup ..
not Melo (Melo did nothing in Denver to impress me) however, Melo & Felton do matchup well in a halfcourtoffense, with Kidd on the side I do see the Felton & Melo tandem getting much better the next 25 games...
:gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
There is nothing wrong with Felton. Calm down.

He's one of the few players we have that can create their own shot, so sometimes he exercises those skills. The reason he was replaced in the 4th for Smith was mostly because DWill was too much for him to handle physically. For the price he's getting paid ---$3 million, its a huge bargain. He's a top 5 pg in the east so what's to complain about???

His assist numbers will increase when Amare comes back because then he won't have much reason to shoot 12+ times a game and he can just focus on distributing. He's the right pg for this team. The chemistry with the players are there.

LOL @ even talking about trading him when he makes Chandler look like DH on offense.

metrocard

Legend
There is nothing wrong with Felton. Calm down.

He's one of the few players we have that can create their own shot, so sometimes he exercises those skills. The reason he was replaced in the 4th for Smith was mostly because DWill was too much for him to handle physically. For the price he's getting paid ---$3 million, its a huge bargain. He's a top 5 pg in the east so what's to complain about???

His assist numbers will increase when Amare comes back because then he won't have much reason to shoot 12+ times a game and he can just focus on distributing. He's the right pg for this team. The chemistry with the players are there.

LOL @ even talking about trading him when he makes Chandler look like DH on offense.

He shoots 39% from the FG, he creates his own shot and misses a lot of them.

Felton is playing like Brandon Jennings, but he isn't even better than him, they produce the same numbers, Jennings is capable of more since he has more talent and skill.

Top 5 PG in the east? Felton isn't even the best PG on this team. He would have to be better than Kidd before he becomes top 5 PG in the East. How much better is Felton than Jameer Nelson? These are servicable PG's, not all star PG's, not PG's you look to lead your team into a championship. Trust me if we had a chance to upgrade, we would. We got Felton for cheap so that's the only upside, overpaying him would be painful.

Kemba Walker > Felton and Walker is only a sophomore in the NBA.
Re check your rankings and come to this thread...I hope you're claiming Felton to be a top 5 PG in the East without Derrick Rose in the rankings. Because theres no way Felton beats Williams, Irving, Rose, Rondo, Holliday, Wall, Walker.

Felton falls with George Hill, Jameer Nelon, Dragic, and Teague tier of PG's

Come back to the reality and stop acting like Felton is an all star, he's not even a top 5 player on this team.

Melo
Chandler
Kidd
Stat
Smith.

His defense is awful for a veteran, his shooting is streaky, and his shot selection is 2nd worst on the team behind JR. His passing is good, but so are a lot of PG's in the NBA. Felton's been overrated the entire season and will come back down to a 14 and 6 type production...it happens all the time in his career. He fluctuates between 10 and 5 and 17 and 7, and ends up with 14 and 6. It's not bad...but it's not enough for you to go crazy and claim he's a top 5 PG in the East. Relax your premature ejaculation there little guy.

Let the debate begin.

Felton supporters, I've awaited you for months...

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Felton is going to have a field day running the Pick and Roll with Stat and Chandler

Can you say: Lob City East

Last edited by a moderator:

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I have a bad feeling about Felton as well. I think he is an avarage point guard who is shoot first pass second. Always hated point guards with that mentality. They are not team oriented players IMO.
He is an ok passer, has very good cross dribble, good penetrator, but is a terrible shooter.
He is overrated only because he is playing in a very good team with great finisher like Melo and thats why his assist stats are reletively high.
Should be a lot higher if he for instance can find Novak more often. Many times i see him shooting fadeaway jumpers over two defenders when some of his teammates are wide opened.
The same can be said about JR but to a lesser degree. Shot selection is a problem with those two. But JR is a shooting guard and i can leave with that, on the other hand Feltons job is to distribute the ball, run the team, not taking 30 shots like he did not too long ago.
I hope i am wrong but i am going to say that we will not win championship with Felton at the point guard position.

CoolClyde

you're all high. Felton is just what Knicks need, they're not going to upgrade, and don't forget,
he's playing with bruised hands.

he's one of the best penetrators in the league, excellent at distributing the ball, and already
has a working relationship with Chandler and STAT, the latter which we haven't even seen
this season, and he also has an excellent assist/turnover ratio.

the Knicks have a great record, THANKS TO HIS PLAY.

NINETEEN and SIX! atop the Eastern Conference! tied for 2nd most wins in the entire league!
and 2 of our top players have not seen the court YET, players who can help Ray's game
get even better and vice versa.

KO fans are so nit-picky about everything, a couple losses because he took too many shots
and missed too much, and it's all about Ray sucks, Ray has got to go, Ray can't win a playoff game.

Bogus thinking. have faith.
cool_raymond.jpg

nyk_nyk

All Star
you're all high. Felton is just what Knicks need, they're not going to upgrade, and don't forget,
he's playing with bruised hands.

he's one of the best penetrators in the league, excellent at distributing the ball, and already
has a working relationship with Chandler and STAT, the latter which we haven't even seen
this season, and he also has an excellent assist/turnover ratio.

the Knicks have a great record, THANKS TO HIS PLAY.

NINETEEN and SIX! atop the Eastern Conference! tied for 2nd most wins in the entire league!
and 2 of our top players have not seen the court YET, players who can help Ray's game
get even better and vice versa.

KO fans are so nit-picky about everything, a couple losses because he took too many shots
and missed too much, and it's all about Ray sucks, Ray has got to go, Ray can't win a playoff game.

Bogus thinking. have faith.
cool_raymond.jpg

Thank you Clyde! I don't understand some people in here. Panicking and complaining when the team has the THIRD best record in the league and #1 in the east. Ray doesn't have to be like Jennings, Rondo, Rose or Nelson. HE'S PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR THIS TEAM. I just don't understand what's to complain about? Sure, he has some bad shooting nights but that doesn't erase every good thing he's done this season. His chemistry with TC and STAT are worth more than his shooting % right now. Also, regardless of his % he's still a threat to make shots and is always a threat to score if opposing teams sleeps on him. The man plays with pride and heart. You can have Jennings, Metro. I'll stick with the guy who I know loves this city and is already a good fit. Glad you're not the GM Metro because the team is having great success and you still need to complain. When Jenning's team gets some more wins then you can try to compare. Until then, let Raymond continue to do what he's doing because the city is loving it right now.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have a bad feeling about Felton as well. I think he is an avarage point guard who is shoot first pass second. Always hated point guards with that mentality. They are not team oriented players IMO.
He is an ok passer, has very good cross dribble, good penetrator, but is a terrible shooter.
He is overrated only because he is playing in a very good team with great finisher like Melo and thats why his assist stats are reletively high.
Should be a lot higher if he for instance can find Novak more often. Many times i see him shooting fadeaway jumpers over two defenders when some of his teammates are wide opened.
The same can be said about JR but to a lesser degree. Shot selection is a problem with those two. But JR is a shooting guard and i can leave with that, on the other hand Feltons job is to distribute the ball, run the team, not taking 30 shots like he did not too long ago.
I hope i am wrong but i am going to say that we will not win championship with Felton at the point guard position.

Felton's job is to distribute but its also to score if needed. When Melo was out, he was asked to carry some of the scoring load. If you read the papers you would know that. Woodson want him to take the open shot and put pressure on the defense by penetrating. Also, many times the defense sticks to TC on pick and rolls which give him the option to shoot. In terms of the 3, everyone takes them and for the most part guy are shooting a good %. Felt is at 40% which is considered verey good by league standards.

We need a Point Guard

I never really liked Feltons game. Offensively he's average at EVERYTHING.

Jumper-Average

Passing-Average

Quicks-Average

Handle-Average

Penetration-Average

He does nothing that really jumps out at you. And he shots too damn much...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
It was a joke but...

Feltons fine at point guard, he just needs to change his shot selection and gain his confidence back.

Whens the last time a team won a championship with an ELITE point guard?

2011- 2012 Heat- Chalmers

2010 - 2011 Mavs- Kidd / Barea

2009-2010 Lakers - Fisher