Prediction time: standings and playoffs

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
このサイト否定的な人はイライラする

Knicks finish probably 6th in East and lose in First Round. Book it.

Don't you think it's all getting a little over the top now, OBM?

You seem to have so many funny and insightful things to say, but I have to wonder what motivates this kind of sh i t.

I'm astounded that so many people have Boston as the 2 seed. I see this as their year of declination. They still have the talent to pull off 2nd, but their success is circumstantial.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;244556 said:

You seem to have so many funny and insightful things to say, but I have to wonder what motivates this kind of sh i t.

I'm astounded that so many people have Boston as the 2 seed. I see this as their year of declination. They still have the talent to pull off 2nd, but their success is circumstantial.
I just think they'll off some sh*t they shouldn't

kinein

Benchwarmer
Knicks will stomp Celtics or Indiana - and meet Heat in East. Conf. Finals.

Melo and Amare will have a blast with new roster. Novak - lights out, finally a real contract, job security and financial stability. Jr will have a blast BOMBiNG on teams and pulling off youtube worthy dunks. Fun all around for entire team.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;244556 said:

What motivates it is a passionate love for the Knicks, and the anger that comes from Jimmy Dolan ****ting on my dreams.

At the same time, I agree, I'll try to offer more depth to my posts and maybe some more diversity of ideas.

Still, I don't see the Knicks finishing above 6th in the East. We got: Miami, Indiana, Brooklyn, Boston, that's four right there. I don't know D-Rose's injury situation, but even without D-Rose, you got Thibs in Chicago and that's going to be a solid team either way. If you have D-Rose returning at some point during the season, they're easily going to finish ahead of us.

Realistically, best case is a 5 seed, worst case being an 8. I think we're a lock for the playoffs, but I don't think we have a chance at homecourt.

And when you get to the playoffs, I don't trust this guy Woodson at all. His record is pretty bad, and that's not even considering Melo's terrible playoffs history.

Bottom line, I'm not optimistic, and this sentiment is a reflection of the current state of the Knicks; it's not something I'm wishing on them.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Realistically, best case is a 5 seed, worst case being an 8. I think we're a lock for the playoffs, but I don't think we have a chance at homecourt.

You've got to back your version of realism though, OBM. Elaborate on your best and worse case scenario. Can't just throw out what seems more like an assumption than a reason. I know you reeled off the teams you think are better, but I haven't seen you explain what makes the Knicks comparatively so much worse than Indy, the Nyets and Boston.

Knicks, Smelld!cks, Gacers and fishNets is definitely gonna be a race, but certainly not one I'd label the Knicks as underdogs in.

I..I dont know lol

:lol:

Honesty: the best policy. :lol:

Crazy⑧s;244556 said:
Idk bro, I dislike the Celtics but I have to admit Danny Ainge made some pretty impressive moves this offseason. First by drafting Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo, both players that I think will be able to contribute from the start. Then he resigned Garnett, Bass, and Wilcox. And with Ray Allen gone, Avery Bradley will be the starting SG and this will be his time to shine. Not too mention they signed Jason Terry who might not be as young as he used to but he can still put up points in a hurry and will only play better with Rondo. I think the signing that will help them the most will be acquiring Courtney Lee, dude is a beast and will only get better with their roster. The most underrated move this offseason imo. Plus it looks like they'll be getting Jeff Green back as well.

fender0577

Rotation player
Idk bro, I dislike the Celtics but I have to admit Danny Ainge made some pretty impressive moves this offseason. First by drafting Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo, both players that I think will be able to contribute from the start. Then he resigned Garnett, Bass, and Wilcox. And with Ray Allen gone, Avery Bradley will be the starting SG and this will be his time to shine. Not too mention they signed Jason Terry who might not be as young as he used to but he can still put up points in a hurry and will only play better with Rondo. I think the signing that will help them the most will be acquiring Courtney Lee, dude is a beast and will only get better with their roster. The most underrated move this offseason imo. Plus it looks like they'll be getting Jeff Green back as well.
Yeah, why didn't we make a push at him, or did we, i haven't been paying to much attention lately, due to it being nice outside.But why in the hell didn't we go hard for this dude, he plays great defense, and he could have started, keep JR coming of the bench, where i fell he's best suited.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I think the Celtics will be entering the rebuilding phase soon. As long as Rondo is around I think they'll still make the playoffs. He's proven he can make just about anyone better and in my eyes he has that number 2 spot behind CP3 (maybe even tied) as the best PURE PG in the NBA. But with Jesus Shuttlesworth gone and KG and Pierce entering the twilight of their careers while D Wade and LBJ are in their prime I don't see them in the Finals anytime soon. I think we def have the ability to beat them and be a number 3 with the Heat and Bulls (assuming Rose comes back healthy) above us, maybe even 2 if we stay healthy. This is of course with the assumption that Hakeem is truly helping Stat and Chandler with their post games and that Felton shows up in shape and ready to go.

The Nets are overrated and haven't yet played a full NBA season together with the new squad and arena to show me otherwise and everyone else is pretty weak and I still firmly believe that had we been healthy and had not gone against the heat in the first round we might have been the conference finals at the very least. We can run over the Magic who may not even make the playoffs with the loss of Dwight and also the Pacers and Hawks.

metrocard

Legend
1. Heat (Champs, got a deeper bench than last year
PG - Chalmers - 76
SG - Wade - 93
SF - James - 98
PF - Bosh - 82
C - Anthony - 65

Norris Cole - 70
Ray Allen - 78
Shane Battier - 75
Udonis Haslem - 70
Rashard Lewis - 69
Ronny Turiaf - 62

2. Knicks (I really feel like they'll figure Boston out and top the Nets, and Knicks will be the best defensive team in the NBA)
PG - Kidd - 77
SG - Smith - 75
SF - Anthony - 89
PF - Amare - 81
C - Chandler - 87

Ray Felton - 75
Iman Shumpert - 75
Steve Novak - 67
Pablo Prigioni - 68
Kurt Thomas - 68
Marcus Camby - 75
James White - 64
Chris Copeland - 64

3. Celtics (Kept their strong core, got younger and better, will be a threat)
PG - Rondo - 88
SG - Bradley - 74
SF - Pierce - 83
PF - Bass - 73
C - Garnett - 86

Jason Terry - 74
Courtney Lee - 70
Mikael Pietrus - 70
Jared Sullinger - 67
Marquis Daniels - 65
Fab Melo - 64
Kris Joseph - 63
Keyon Dooling - 61

4. Nets (Strong starting 5, solid bench)
PG - Williams - 90
SG - Johnson - 80
SF - Wallace - 81
PF - Humphries - 75
C - Lopez - 81

CJ Watson - 72
Marshon Brooks - 73
Keith Bogans - 65
Tornike Shengelia - 65 (underrated passer, potential Boris Diaw)
Reggie Evans - 67
Mirza Teletovic - 68
Damion James - 66
Armon Johnson - 64
Jerry Stackhouse - 64
Tyshawn Taylor - 63
Shelden Williams - 62
Sundiata Gaines - 60

5. Bulls (even without D-Rose they got an elite defensive squad, will still contend)
PG - Hinrich - 74
SG - Bellineli - 72
SF - Deng - 85
PF - Boozer - 78
C - Noah - 86

Marques Teague - 67
Rip Hamilton - 68
Mike James - 68
Tai Gibson - 75
Jimmy Butler - 65
Vladimir Radmonovic - 63

6. Pacers (I'm underrating them here, the Utah Jazz of the East)
PG - Hill - 75
SG - George - 75
SF - Granger - 80
PF - West - 76
C - Hibbert - 81

DJ Augustin - 75

Tyler Hansborough - 72
Gerald Green - 70
Ian Mahimni - 67
Orlando Johnson - 65
Miles Plumbee - 63
Louis Amundson - 65

7. Hawks
PG - Harris - 77
SG - Williams - 77
SF - Smith - 84
PF - Horford - 84
C - Petro - 68

Teague - 72
Morrow - 71
Green - 69
Jenkins - 67
Farmar - 66
Dampier - 62
Pachulia - 66
Johnson - 65

8. Cavs
PG - Irving - 85
SG - Waiters -72
SF - Gee - 69
PF - Thompson - 70
C - Varejao - 76

Gibson - 62
Casspi - 69
Samuels - 63
Azubuikie - 65
Zeller - 67

I'll finish up the rest later! off to boxing.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
No center since Ewing has given us this kind of effort and ability (and that includes Cambyman)

How dare you besmirch the legacy, contributions & skills of this man? :p

chris-dudley-pic.jpeg

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@Ballislife: Bad news Bulls. Derrick Rose will likely be out until March 2013!

Sucksssssssss
Their still a playoff team in the East, there is not much competition in the East.. just because rose is injured they shouldn't be taken lightly and if Rose is healthy by playoff time there still a threat.