I wouldn't be surprised of Chandler benefits from Hakeem offensively more than Amar'e

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;244852 said:
"In an effort to improve his post game, Amar'e Stoudemire plans to spend two weeks working with NBA legend Hakeem Olajuwon next month, according to MSG Network's Alan Hahn.

"The cost of learning The Dream Shake? $50,000 a week is what we were told. Now, we don't know of Olajuwon is charging Stoudemire full price, but Amar'e plans to get bang for his buck. He said he plans to memorize every lesson so he can expand his game to include one or two go-to moves on the post," Hahn said.

"Stoudemire has been known as mostly a pick-and-roll player who developed a mid-range jumper in 2010-11. Mike Woodson wanted him to be more of a threat in the post, so he asked his former Rockets teammate to spend some time with Stoudemire. Tyson Chandler is also expected to spend some time with Olajuwon after the Olympics."

Olajuwon was once nicknamed "The Black Hole," because if you threw the ball to him in the post it would never come back out. You can argue that the Knicks already have a player like that in Carmelo Anthony. Hopefully, STAT will focus on learning some quality post moves without having to dominate the rock to succeed."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Coaching wizardry by Woody. I love it. This is the answer to "Can Melo and Stat play together?" The answer: yes if Stat moves down the block instead of lurking up around the circle where Melo needs to roam. This will improve offensive spacing greatly and up STATs rebounding as he will be down on the block. STAT should embrace this because like our old warrior Pat Ewing, STAT knees are going bad fast. A nice post game will extends STAT's career. STAT can still vacate the lane to open up driving lanes for MELO and nail a jumper or two. And I assure you Woody will employ some triangle aspects a'la Kobe/Gasol so a nice two-man game between MELO/STAT will emerge. We got us a REAL coach now guys, not just some D'amnphony:)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Coaching wizardry by Woody. I love it. This is the answer to "Can Melo and Stat play together?" The answer: yes if Stat moves down the block instead of lurking up around the circle where Melo needs to roam. This will improve offensive spacing greatly and up STATs rebounding as he will be down on the block. STAT should embrace this because like our old warrior Pat Ewing, STAT knees are going bad fast. A nice post game will extends STAT's career. STAT can still vacate the lane to open up driving lanes for MELO and nail a jumper or two. And I assure you Woody will employ some triangle aspects a'la Kobe/Gasol so a nice two-man game between MELO/STAT will emerge. We got us a REAL coach now guys, not just some D'amnphony:)

Never mind Melo reaching another career high in dimes if this pans out. In a perfect world, that is.

★ Is STAT willing to be the one who has to change? Can he see that it has to be him and not Melo? How I'd love to hear him answer those questions.