Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

Seth Rosenthal ‏@seth_rosenthal
RT @daldridgetnt: Knicks continue to build backcourt, agreeing 2 terms with ex-Bull Ronnie Brewer on one-year deal, per source.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
white-kid-dancing.gif

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Knicks #1 defense IN DA LEAGUE SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YOU DONT COME IN THE GARDEN WITH YOUR WHACK AS SHIZZ NO MORE.

Knicks offense-:barf:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ronnie Brewer is a tough guard and Thibbs had the Bullies playing D so he should bring that attitude to the KNICKS. I like it:)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sweet! Bring the D back to NYC! Not gonna add any spacing for us WHATSOEVER, but he can run out on teams in a huge way and get stops.

Very interested to see what'll eventuate with Brewer adding to our D. I've been moaning like mad for years to bring the D back.

Nice signing, but with changes come questions.

Will Melo be getting all the touches?

Will he burn out?

Is Woodson all in on defense first?

Can we rely on STAT as a primary 2nd?

Can Ray develop a consistent outside game? He's gonna HAVE to.

Is anyone else concerned about our shooting in the starting lineup?

Nice work on the update, SM. :peace:

ridious...

The new wave of combo words: hideous + ridiculous = ridious. F'ing genius. :lol:

This is what I wrote about Brewer in the SG thread.

I really hope we sign Ronnie Brewer. I think he would take us over the top. Dude is a lockdown defender and can guard both SG's and SF's. Playing out of position and guarding small forwards last season, Brewer was even better, holding them to just an 11.5 PER. We need a player like him to guard Kobe, Wade, Lebron etc, especially with Shumpert out.

Wow our defense is going to be awesome this season. Not worried about his offense, we have enough of that. And it's not like Landry was doing that much better. We'll need a defender like him with Shump out.

Brewer>>>>>>>>>>>>Fields

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
I really thought we needed a catch and shoot guy to spread things out. Oh well, can't complain if he brings the D.

Looking at the way things unfolded over the last 14hrs, the decicion to sign Brewer must have been tied to the inability to get Foye.

So close....

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
still like it, he can share all the goodies and treats that thibs taught him with the bulls

shump and brewer will be a dynamic defensive duo

felton is probably gonna be that floor spreading guy, he can still knock down 3's

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I think we should have known we wouldnt get Foye, he still deserves more than Vet min, I dont blame him.

I dont know if I can like this move.
Hell yeah his D is going to put the Garden in lockdown with the rest of the squad but when Melo has to pass it out for a quick catch and shoot, we've got Felton,Brewer,and Kidd :barf:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
just to show we aint missing anything from last year

fields : 7.2points/3.0 rebs (20 mill)

brewer:6.9 points/3.5 rebs + D (1.5 Mill i think)

both cant shoot 3's ... sorry raptors...

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
This is what I wrote about Brewer in the SG thread.

Wow our defense is going to be awesome this season. Not worried about his offense, we have enough of that. And it's not like Landry was doing that much better. We'll need a defender like him with Shump out.

Brewer>>>>>>>>>>>>Fields

I hear you, but looking back at how many wide open Jumpers Fields passed up or took and missed, replacing him with someone that can knock 'em down seemed the uptmost.

Does he atleeeast have a decent FT%.... Just checked ..NoPE!!
Their numbers are strangely identical so from a value perspective..nice pick up but all in all looks like Fields part 2...and I didn't like that kid.

End of the day, should be a nice Shump stop gap so there's that. If he brings the D I'm cool.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
tumblr_m7a098ZezA1r5m7ta.gif

Once the time comes where Shump, Brewer, Chandler all on the floor at the same time, the defense is going to be intense. #defense first.

Now all we need is Kenyon Martin and were set

I hear you, but looking back at how many wide open Jumpers Fields passed up or took and missed, replacing him with someone that can knock 'em down seemed the uptmost.

Does he atleeeast have a decent FT%.... Just checked ..NoPE!!
Their numbers are strangely identical so from a value perspective..nice pick up but all in all looks like Fields part 2...and I didn't like that kid.

End of the day, should be a nice Shump stop gap so there's that. If he brings the D I'm cool.
You can't compare Brewer's D with Landry's D though. We all saw how Fields got torched by Ray Allen in the playoffs and how he would let scrubs light us up. Brewer can guard BOTH SG's and SF's, which we needed with only two unproven players in White/Copeland backing up Melo. Felton/Kidd/Prigioni is way better than what we had at PG last season so it should be easier for everyone to score, even Brewer. Brewer's defense makes up for his offense.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
So the Knicks signed the darker version of Landry Fields... NICE! #Brewer more bricks from FT & 3PT lines