Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

WeReady

Benchwarmer
When you are about to post there is a youtube sign by the change fonts settings, click on it

then go to the video you want to embed, look at the site url and copy everything you see after v= and then paste it in between what you get when you click the youtube sign.

When i do that its says video not available see look

this is the video tag v=vIx5UvJ54AE that I'm trying to use

finestrg

Rotation player
Warming up to the Brewer signing big time.

Just listening to his interview with Joe & Evan while watching his "finisher" highlight mix got me pumped up. I wasn't giving this guy his due -- he's got skills and he's a very underrated athlete. Obviously, very solid defensively... Sounds like a real good dude too -- well spoken, good character guy. And he wants to be here too which ya gotta love. Nice pickup. I gotta learn to shut my mouth more and give the Knicks more credit sometimes. They know what they're doing.

http://www.fromthebaseline.com/home-mainmenu-1/blogs/4565-ronnie-brewer-interview

Kiyaman

Legend
Great pickup .. I never understood why coach Sloan gave up on Ronnie Brewer,
the Utah Jazz had the perfect fit backcourt tandem in Deron & Brewer ..
Derik Fisher united that starting backcourt when in Utah.

PG-Kidd & SG-Brewer
PG-Pablo & SG-Felton

I see Felton as our 6th man SG off the bench .. untill Shumpert return healthy.
Felton skills are better suited as a combo-guard the way our roster is design.
I also see to many of the league young SG & PG catching fire on Melo's ex-teammate
JR.Smith 28 minutes of playingtime (weakness).
I dont think JR.Smith performance will come back n bite my words .. scoring high on
mediocre teams is not enough bite.

finestrg

Rotation player
Great pickup .. I never understood why coach Sloan gave up on Ronnie Brewer,
the Utah Jazz had the perfect fit backcourt tandem in Deron & Brewer ..
Derik Fisher united that starting backcourt when in Utah.

PG-Kidd & SG-Brewer
PG-Pablo & SG-Felton

I see Felton as our 6th man SG off the bench .. untill Shumpert return healthy.
Felton skills are better suited as a combo-guard the way our roster is design.
I also see to many of the league young SG & PG catching fire on Melo's ex-teammate
JR.Smith 28 minutes of playingtime (weakness).
I dont think JR.Smith performance will come back n bite my words .. scoring high on
mediocre teams is not enough bite.

You're right man -- there's a lot of interchangeability/flexibility now. I can't wait to see it all unfold. Opening night in Brooklyn can't come soon enough!! All that I wanna see is them add that one more useful player to round out the roster (be it an extra shooter or a backup big that can score---their preference) and I'm ready to go to war...Who knows, maybe that extra shooter turns out to be Copeland. Keep forgetting about him. He can shoot -- 40% 3-pt shooter in Europe last year and he showed it in summer league.

Ronnie Brewer update. He says he sees a lot of potential in the team and that's why he chose the Knicks.
-----------------------------------------

Potential means a lot to Ronnie Brewer. That was the word he used multiple times Thursday in explaining why he chose to sign a one-year deal with the Knicks this week.

Brewer sees the Knicks building for success now, not the future. He noticed that was why the free agents Marcus Camby, Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd all joined the team earlier this month.

Brewer also realizes the potential he has as one of the Knicks? shooting guards next season. The Knicks felt Brewer was one of the last assets they needed to compete with the growing competition in the Eastern Conference, and he should fit easily into Coach Mike Woodson?s system as a guard ready to defend the opponent?s best player with the ability to score when necessary, whether in limited minutes or as the starter.

?When I looked at New York, and its fans, I saw they had a great team,? Brewer said in an interview with Sports Radio 66 WFAN NY. ?I felt like it was a place I could come in and play well. I think the fans will respect my skill level.?

Brewer said he didn?t know if he will be the Knicks? starting shooting guard. He will be competing for the opportunity, mostly with J.R. Smith, when the team begins training camp. Iman Shumpert started 35 games last year during his rookie season, but tore his anterior cruciate ligament and the lateral meniscus in his left knee during the Knicks? playoff series against the Miami Heat. Shumpert is expected to be out until January.

?The Knicks are a playoff team and will be competing for something,? said Henry Thomas, Brewer?s agent. ?I think Ronnie will have an opportunity to ply a lot of minutes.?

The 27-year-old Brewer said he doesn?t mind coming off the bench if that?s what Woodson wants. In last year?s lockout-shortened season, Brewer started 43 games for the Chicago Bulls. He averaged 6.9 points and 3.5 rebounds. In his career, Brewer has shot 50 percent from field.

Brewer?s said his versatility ? as a rebounder, a defender and a solid shooter ? will allow him to help the Knicks win games in various ways.
?The Knicks had a good team before I got there,? Brewer said. ?I?m just trying to come here and add whatever is needed.?
On most nights, Brewer knows what Woodson and fans will want from him: defense.

In the Eastern Conference, Brewer will be asked to guard players such as Dwyane Wade, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson ? all scorers the Knicks will likely have to limit if they want to advance in the playoffs.

Right now, the Knicks are a team full of offensive threats. With Tyson Chandler, last season?s defensive player of the year, in the paint, Brewer said his addition on the perimeter should help the Knicks become a top-tier defensive team.

?I think everybody on the team has the ability to play defense,? Brewer said. ?We?re athletic enough to do it. We have to want to do it as a team.?
Thomas said he believes Brewer can help the Knicks? offense in more subtle fashion. ?When the team goes small, he could play the small forward spot,? Thomas said. ?He has the ability to move very well without the ball. That?s something New York is going to find out about him.?

Brewer acknowledged that he could have received a bigger contract from other teams. Thomas said the Minnesota Timberwolves were aggressive in pursuing him.

But Brewer wants to win now. ?To me, it didn?t come down to money,? he said. ?We have some star power. I think everyone?s excited. I?m looking forward to it.?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Ronnie Brewer update. He says he sees a lot of potential in the team and that's why he chose the Knicks.
-----------------------------------------

Potential means a lot to Ronnie Brewer. That was the word he used multiple times Thursday in explaining why he chose to sign a one-year deal with the Knicks this week.

Brewer sees the Knicks building for success now, not the future. He noticed that was why the free agents Marcus Camby, Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd all joined the team earlier this month.

Brewer also realizes the potential he has as one of the Knicks? shooting guards next season. The Knicks felt Brewer was one of the last assets they needed to compete with the growing competition in the Eastern Conference, and he should fit easily into Coach Mike Woodson?s system as a guard ready to defend the opponent?s best player with the ability to score when necessary, whether in limited minutes or as the starter.

?When I looked at New York, and its fans, I saw they had a great team,? Brewer said in an interview with Sports Radio 66 WFAN NY. ?I felt like it was a place I could come in and play well. I think the fans will respect my skill level.?

Brewer said he didn?t know if he will be the Knicks? starting shooting guard. He will be competing for the opportunity, mostly with J.R. Smith, when the team begins training camp. Iman Shumpert started 35 games last year during his rookie season, but tore his anterior cruciate ligament and the lateral meniscus in his left knee during the Knicks? playoff series against the Miami Heat. Shumpert is expected to be out until January.

?The Knicks are a playoff team and will be competing for something,? said Henry Thomas, Brewer?s agent. ?I think Ronnie will have an opportunity to ply a lot of minutes.?

The 27-year-old Brewer said he doesn?t mind coming off the bench if that?s what Woodson wants. In last year?s lockout-shortened season, Brewer started 43 games for the Chicago Bulls. He averaged 6.9 points and 3.5 rebounds. In his career, Brewer has shot 50 percent from field.

Brewer?s said his versatility ? as a rebounder, a defender and a solid shooter ? will allow him to help the Knicks win games in various ways.
?The Knicks had a good team before I got there,? Brewer said. ?I?m just trying to come here and add whatever is needed.?
On most nights, Brewer knows what Woodson and fans will want from him: defense.

In the Eastern Conference, Brewer will be asked to guard players such as Dwyane Wade, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson ? all scorers the Knicks will likely have to limit if they want to advance in the playoffs.

Right now, the Knicks are a team full of offensive threats. With Tyson Chandler, last season?s defensive player of the year, in the paint, Brewer said his addition on the perimeter should help the Knicks become a top-tier defensive team.

?I think everybody on the team has the ability to play defense,? Brewer said. ?We?re athletic enough to do it. We have to want to do it as a team.?
Thomas said he believes Brewer can help the Knicks? offense in more subtle fashion. ?When the team goes small, he could play the small forward spot,? Thomas said. ?He has the ability to move very well without the ball. That?s something New York is going to find out about him.?

Brewer acknowledged that he could have received a bigger contract from other teams. Thomas said the Minnesota Timberwolves were aggressive in pursuing him.

But Brewer wants to win now. ?To me, it didn?t come down to money,? he said. ?We have some star power. I think everyone?s excited. I?m looking forward to it.?

+1. Great find, AFP. I love the fact that he chose the Knicks even though other teams offered more moolah. Its pretty interesting that he mentions himself as a solid shooter. I didn't really watch any Bulls games other than the ones against the Knicks to find out if he has improved his jumpshot.

One thing's for sure though, his shooting form looks wayyy better than Fields catapult-esque ****. I think his jumpshot is fixable. Also, he is a better defender than Fields.

Brewer > Fields

Kiyaman

Legend
Warming up to the Brewer signing big time.

Just listening to his interview with Joe & Evan while watching his "finisher" highlight mix got me pumped up. I wasn't giving this guy his due -- he's got skills and he's a very underrated athlete. Obviously, very solid defensively... Sounds like a real good dude too -- well spoken, good character guy. And he wants to be here too which ya gotta love. Nice pickup. I gotta learn to shut my mouth more and give the Knicks more credit sometimes. They know what they're doing.

http://www.fromthebaseline.com/home-mainmenu-1/blogs/4565-ronnie-brewer-interview

I dont understand the Chicago Bulls not resigning SG-Ronnie Brewer $4M qualifying offer, when the Bulls biggest weakness at being a contender has been at their SG position the past two seasons....Richard Hamilton (RIP) was not ready for the 66 game schedule, but Brewer was.

Damn! we were lucky as hell for GM Paxon cheapness at staying a top contender in the East.
For some reason I cant give Grunwald any credit for Brewer/Felton/Kidd/Camby/K.Thomas when certain Knicks players agents are doing all the work of pushing players on a star-bound Knicks team.

The next CBA may include the players-agents to represent them vs the owners & Stern replacement...

CoolClyde

loving the brewmeister pickup more and more! great article AFP, everything he says
is exactly what i want to hear from a Knick, the fit is perfect.

Kiyadude, forget Kidd starting, Feltip is going to be our starter, because the
Kidd is no longer a kid, and won't be getting 30+ minutes a game. AND he
wants to finish games, so how can you start him and have him play down
the stretch without keeping him out for a bulk of the game?

PG -Feltip & SG -Brewski
PG -Kidd & SG -Jr Swish

The Prigger will be PG insurance for foul trouble and extra minutes

finestrg - good toast, first time you haven't mentioned someone else the Knicks should sign ;)

back to Brewer. f*ck yeah!

People are forgetting that Brewer averaged 14ppg on an efficient 50 FG% when he was starting for Utah. Just because he's not a good three-point shooter doesn't mean he isn't a good slasher and can't attack the rim. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer has a career year this season.

All this defense is great. Teams are going to have sign up a few lumberjacks if they want to make it thru the Woodland. what a solid job so far coach Woody.:thumbsup:

Forrest17

Rotation player
People are forgetting that Brewer averaged 14ppg on an efficient 50 FG% when he was starting for Utah. Just because he's not a good three-point shooter doesn't mean he isn't a good slasher and can't attack the rim. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer has a career year this season.

Yeah Im almost glad he can't shoot threes, because with JR and Felton we are going to have enough threes being chucked as it is. We needed a guard who would attack the rim with intensity with lin gone :(

Yeah he didn't put up a lot of numbers when on the bench but as a starter next season I think he will be good for 10 ppg. Basically fields like number in 2010 except he plays awesome defense

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Our boy Brewer :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:
SACKGRAB.gif

Wargames

Starter
^^ that sig gif of Melo From The playoffs.... Man they were mauling him damn near every possession of every game. Hopefully NY's D can return the favor never season.

Red

TYPE-A
What up!

Well just as I said, the formula is to surround STAT & Melo with the best defenders available.

TC and Shump were fine last year but obviously they wore down with no depth at their positions.

My issues coming into this year were at the 1 & 2. I felt Lin was a question mainly because of his poor defense (not absolutely terrible), and Shump because of his Knee injury (which I know a great deal about).

That issue was exacerbated by Stat & Melo (Mainly Stat's) lack of defense.

Now I look and see

Three new PG's who at the least we know have good (veteran) decision making abilities, maybe not the best D, but no slouches

A lockdown SG

and a viable big back-up whos defensive numbers last year were better than any reserve big we had combined

FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSS!

....and a partridge in a pear tree. :smokin:

We all know Woody is about defense and its fair to surround him with the talent he needs to be successful (sound familiar?).

I have absolutely no worries about the offense because our defense will create offense; we have shooters in Melo, Stat, Novak, and JR.

This is an optimal mix considering our cap situation. Time to start carving out roles and get to gellin'