Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Who would score in that lineup though? If you replace Melo with Brewer that would be a perfect balance of scoring and defense.

This lineup is not for scoring its for getting key stops while melo is getting a couple min rest on the bench then you replace camby with melo for the dagger 2 or 3 (Toward the end of games, offense defense thats what i meant)

Paul1355

All Star
Cant hit a shot for his life, like Fields, but is cheaper and plays better defense so I like it.

I just wish we got Foye but Brewer can guard the best guards in the league.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Ronnie BrewerVerified
‏@RonnieBrewerJr

Follow

New York Knicks lets get it!!!

What can I say? I like the move. Defense. Defense. Defense. That seems to be the emphasis for this offseason, and the Front office has delivered. Brewer, Kidd, Camby, Thomas. I love it. As a Knicks fan, I love the adoption of a defensive mantra. The season can't come fast enough.

jimkcchief88

All Star

:peace::peace::peace::peace:
:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:
WELCOME TO THE GARDEN BREWER!!

Wow. Bullies announcer Stacey King is an absolute fool guys!!!! Gotta love how he signed the screen after Brewer POSTERIZED that big-donut Josh McRoberts. WOW! Mos Def getting Bullies-Knicks tix at the UC this season:)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Ayp4GbhCYAAaHfI.jpg:large

iSaYughh

Starter
We were really pretty good at D all of last year.

Our offense was by far our biggest weakness and downfall. It was actually so dysfunctional that it hurt hampered what was already a pretty legit D.

With the added defensive beef of Camby, Kidd, Brewer, plus a system that will lend itself to more stifling D,

we should have a top5 defense, minimum. and really be somewhere in the top3, imo.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I agree, defense is gonna be lethal this year. definitely in the top 5 without question, now its just getting the offense fluid and well be top 5 record team without a question

iSaYughh

Starter
We will rotate for #3 to #1 all year for Defense

MIA

BOS

NYK?

If Shump was healthy from the start, and we got even a modest improvement out of Amare on D, I'd bet we'd be #1 in league.

The boost from Camby alone will be really big, same for Brewer and Kidd. '

Plus, I actually expect Melo to *thrive* defensively. The players around him + coach should give him a Paul Pierce transformation....except better, bc he is a superior athlete.

If Melo doesn't beast on D this year, it would be *extremely* dissapointing and surprising.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
MIA

BOS

NYK?

If Shump was healthy from the start, and we got even a modest improvement out of Amare on D, I'd bet we'd be #1 in league.

The boost from Camby alone will be really big, same for Brewer and Kidd. '

Plus, I actually expect Melo to *thrive* defensively. The players around him + coach should give him a Paul Pierce transformation....except better, bc he is a superior athlete.

If Melo doesn't beast on D this year, it would be *extremely* dissapointing and surprising.

Agreed. Even watching melo in the Olympics he's playing tougher defense. #knickstape

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Absolutely LOVE this signing!
Who cares if he shoots with a broken wing...this dude is LOCKDOWN!

Shump and Brew, is the cure for miami blues. TWO excellent wing defenders ready to canvas that ass!

LOVE the defensive look this team is taking on. :peace:

Another plus to this addition is that Brewer really wants to win, he said that other teams offered him way more money but he wanted to be in NY and he wanted to WIN.

@CA7 or any moderators how do you embed videos onto the forum?
When you are about to post there is a youtube sign by the change fonts settings, click on it

then go to the video you want to embed, look at the site url and copy everything you see after v= and then paste it in between what you get when you click the youtube sign.