Who do you want the Knicks FO to sign to complete the roster?

How about Shawne Williams again? Even though he chose NJ over NY last year i still think he'd be able to contribute off the bench. He hit some timely jumpers and was a satisfactory defender from what I remember

New New York

Quiet Storm
Jermaine O'Neal

2Q==

Look K Mart would be great (although I do not see where we get minutes from, let a lone the money to sign him).

But O'Neal would be a nice fit. At this point he is nothing more than a backup, no more no less.

Basically he's a "Rich Man's Jorts". He would give us 5 pts 4 rebs and hopefully can block almost a shot per game. These stats would be great for a league minimum player!

Not a Homerun like Kmart would be, but sack fly...corny I know, LOL!

But all we need is a PF to allow Stat to rest 4 minutes or so through the first 3 qts who is just good enough to not have opposing team's Defense play off of him.

The biggest intangiable would be the fact that unlike a player like KMart who still has a lot of NBA years in him there will be no pressure to play him.

Basically he's Prigioni at the PF position!

Bench

Kidd
JR Smith (after Shump)
Brewer
Novak
Camby
O Neal
Prigioni
Kurt Thomas

That's what an NBA bench should look like. We would be 3 deep at each postion too

Felton Kidd Prigioni
Shump JR Brewer
Melo Brewer Novak
Stat Novak Camby Thomas O'Neal
Tyson Camby O'Neal

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
What's the go with Kenyon Martin/Shawne Williams? Haven't heard anything about them at all. Teams interested, what they can pay etc.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
What's the go with Kenyon Martin/Shawne Williams? Haven't heard anything about them at all. Teams interested, what they can pay etc.
Shawne Williams is almost certainly 100% Alan Hahn said the Knicks have no interest.

Kenyon is being looked at but he'll probably get more else where

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Shawne Williams is almost certainly 100% Alan Hahn said the Knicks have no interest.

Kenyon is being looked at but he'll probably get more else where

Kind of surprised Clippers let him go, would have been a better back up C than Hollins. Who could/would offer him more money.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Everybody needs to tweet Melo and J.R. to get the Knicks FO to sign Iverson.

Knicks WILL NOT sign him, they have already said that. Sure he may finally be mature and be ready to accept a limited role. But he is well past it and we have enough guard depth until Shump returns. The final roster spot will go to a backup PF.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Knicks WILL NOT sign him, they have already said that. Sure he may finally be mature and be ready to accept a limited role. But he is well past it and we have enough guard depth until Shump returns. The final roster spot will go to a backup PF.
I thought we had/could have two spots. We need to go all in this season. Proven post-season players to the max.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
KMart puts as the second best team in the East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is still a beast around the rim and will bring tough defense and rebounding. Anyone know what other offensive game he brings (jumper, etc.)? I think him and Camby make the Knicks front court not only the best in the league but also the deepest.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He is still a beast around the rim and will bring tough defense and rebounding. Anyone know what other offensive game he brings (jumper, etc.)? I think him and Camby make the Knicks front court not only the best in the league but also the deepest.
His jumper isn't bad from what I've seen. What's also impressive is that he's still explosive.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Kind of surprised Clippers let him go, would have been a better back up C than Hollins. Who could/would offer him more money.

He played great for the Clippers, problem is that he was upset (reportedly) about the lack of meaningful playing time @ 22mpg. With that said, I doubt he chooses the Knicks for the vet min and back-up PF playing time behind STAT. The only thing we have going for us is that we have a **** load of K-Mart's former teammates here in NY.

I think we should take a look at ATL's 28 year old rookie from last year, Ivan Johnson, the kid played hard, hustled, rebounded with the best of 'em (from the few games I saw him play). Not much of an offensive threat, but should be a good defensive weapon for us, much like Ronnie Brewer.

New New York

Quiet Storm

But then we run into the problem with minutes. Who's minutes do you cut down?

Plus I think at this point we just need a role player, really Jared Jefferies and Jorts would've been great here, Kenyon Martin is almost too much.

Jermaine Oneal
Chris Anderson
Renaldo Balkman

Chris Anderson is the most intriguing because of his energy