USA vs Espana GT

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I say if Melo limits Lebron to single digits in points and 0 assists and rebounds, he gets an automatic bid for defensive player of the year. Matter fact, if anyone does that I'll give it to them.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damnation. Melo was a downtown wrecking ball in the first half. Just deadly. His D was solid, his spacing refined, and he showed just how perfectly moulded he is to the world version of basketball.

LeBron James is phenomenal. He's a morphing virtuoso - PG, SG, SF, PF, C - all in a single transition, and plays every role flawlessly. As a Knick fan, I can't stand him. As a fan of the game, he's uncanny to watch.

Tyson had a forgettable outing, but his first foul was BS. Refs were overbearing in that first half, and wound down in to sloppy non-calls.

I'm having to route for USA with Melo and Tyson on board, because there's naturally zero available footage of my beloved home team, Australia. We'll give it a run this year, and hopefully finish top 5. Bogut, as always, is out due to vaginaitis. Still, we do well for a country whose population is only 1.6(ish) million people more than metropolitan New York.
c1be_1.JPG

I could actually see Melo getting MVP and DPOY next year

And Eddy Curry most improved...

I'm stoked that Melo is on Team USA as I think he will come into the season full bore ready to go. I'm not so sure Chandler should be out there, however. With his injury history and how much we have invested in him I'd rather see him and STAT working out in a low risk to injury kind of way...

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Carmelo gives us

25ppg
8rpg
4apg
50%-40%-80%
25+PER
Consistent Defense
50+ wins

Then he'll likely be top 5 in MVP voting, at least All-NBA second team, maybe get a few All-Defensive team votes, definite All-Star and we'll likely get to at least the ECF

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't know if Novak can win MVP, his game is too limited. He's mostly a three point shooter.

For Melo to win MVP this season, he has to play out of his mind on both ends of the court for the full 82. Tough competition, the NBA is alive with young Superstars. So that won't happen.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My boys, Australia, got a solid poo fingering from Spain today. I thought we'd have the mettle not to let them build a lead we could never come back from. Even with a late burst it was as good as over. Gay.