The end of the Bench Thread.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
This thread is dedicated towards some of the players that will fill small roles for us such as Kurt Thomas, Pablo, Chris Copeland, James White etc. I'd love for this to be stickied if possible. Basically we discuss what they have to offer in their limited minutes and continue to update the thread with news and information on them.

What do you think these players will bring to the team?

Kurt Thomas
Nostalgia is creeping back into The Garden with a former resident bad boy and member of the 99' Knicks coming back in his twilight years via trade. At this point in his career I think what he does still bring will be pretty important to us. Personally I think KT will fill in the back up PF role a lot of the time. I watched a bit of his game last year and he still provides tough defense and will be great at intimidating younger players and throwing people off their game.

He is the last kind of person you want to play against which is why I love him on our bench. The 5 fouls he has to offer will definitely come in handy and surprisingly, if open, he can still stroke the open J pretty well.
52237587_display_image.jpg

-

-
Pablo Prigioni
At first I honestly thought 'hey whatever' when we signed this guy as our 3rd string PG. I've taken the time to see him play a couple of games in the Olympics and he is one of the guys I think will pleasantly surprise Knicks fans this season. His passing is legitimate wizardry and he can still penetrate well for a 35 year old. His 3 point shooting was 39% last season (albeit a closer 3pt line) but he can knock down a shot when open. Haven't seen enough of his defense to make a comment on it but as our 3rd string PG and potentially a back up during injuries, we won't miss a beat with our offensive flow/ball movement.
1LG4MU092394H1_sport_newspaper.jpg

-

-
Chris Copeland
This guy could be a complete bust or pretty useful, time will tell which. He is one of the only players on the squad that can play inside. He has a pretty decent offensive repertoire and attacks the glass ferociously. His defense isn't strong but he gives his all and will disrupt players and cause turnovers. Hopefully he provides a bit of scoring for our front court of the bench to go with his rebounding.
534744_10151290034149616_1167266479_n.jpg

-

Didn't make an evaluation on James White because I honestly haven't seen enough of him. Feel free to add a player profile/information/expectations for him or any of the other's listed. Didn't add anything on Chris Smith because he is an ugly mofo who I very much hope is dropped before Nov. 1.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I have a feeling Copeland will be able to contribute more than we think.

Kidd
Jr
Novak
Copeland
Camby

thats alot of floor spacing, Copeland is not to shabby on defense either.

That is.. unless we decide to cut his non-guaranteed contract

Last edited:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I have a feeling Copeland will be able to contribute more than we think.

Kidd
Jr
Novak
Copeland
Camby

thats alot of floor spacing, Copeland is not to shabby on defense either.

That is.. unless we decide to cut his non-guaranteed contract

If we keep Smith i'll go off my rocker, no way he could even slightly contribute positively.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Hoping Birdman ends up on our bench. Great rebounder, shot blocker & defender. At the moment a Copeland/Thomas duo backing up Amare will be sufficient but we could have a very imitidating front court if the Birdman is signed.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
if we can get birdman.

amare
camby
birdman
brewer
felton/kidd/priggy

this line up would make amare defense look good with attack the post type of offense.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
He'll be put on the D-League, does that count as a roster spot?

Officially yes, if the Knicks assign/outright him to the D-League. If we waive him, then he will not count on the roster....he will become a free agent at that point...and wherever he goes, will be up to him.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We've got plenty of time to waive our non-guaranteed contracts. Our possible moves are very limited, but who knows? Didn't we claim Novakaine and Linsanity off waivers?

Kiyaman

Legend
C-Camby
F/C-K.Thomas
SF-Novak
SG-Smith
PG/SG-Felton

PG-Pablo
G/F-Copeland

Thats a helluva decent bunch of bench-players to have in a rotation/substitution for our starting lineup:
Tyson
Stat
Melo
Brewer
Kidd
The 12 players above (healthy) are the winners of the Atlantic Division.
Our coaching-staff will have to get on the same-page-plan for us to have a 60 win season.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
C-Camby
F/C-K.Thomas
SF-Novak
SG-Smith
PG/SG-Felton

PG-Pablo
G/F-Copeland

Thats a helluva decent bunch of bench-players to have in a rotation/substitution for our starting lineup:
Tyson
Stat
Melo
Brewer
Kidd
The 12 players above (healthy) are the winners of the Atlantic Division.
Our coaching-staff will have to get on the same-page-plan for us to have a 60 win season.

Kidd will not start.