Lakers get Dwight Howard in a four-team deal

I thought I should put this here since the NBA section is kind of dead.

ESPN.com reported that a trade call has been set for Friday morning to finalize the blockbuster that would feature Los Angeles getting the defensive superstar, Philadelphia getting Andrew Bynum from the Lakers and Jason Richardson from the Magic, Denver getting Andre Igoudala from the 76ers, and Orlando getting Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington from the Nuggets, Nikola Vucevic and Maurice Harkless from the 76ers and one first-round pick from each of the three other participants.

Damn. I really didn't see this one coming. Where do you guys rank the Lakers now? Philly got a lot better as well.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
No surprise here.

Lakers have the best FO in the league. They make real under-the-radar type moves.

and Andre iguodala to the Nuggets.. happy or not its a pretty good squad out there in denver. 2012/2013 is gonna be a HELLA OF A GOOD SEASON!!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jamison, Blake & Hill isn't all that bad a bench IMO. They just need a spot up shooter & they're pretty much set for another championship.
I see them as the '10 Heat, amazing starters,but that bench will hurt.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
howard+lakers.png

STAT1

Starter
I think Leandro Barbosa would be a good fit for their bench out of the remaining FA's. Good outside shooter, has played with Nash in Phoenix, good in uptempo style game. LA is going to the Princeton style offense this year & I think Barbosa will add a dimension off the bench that will complement them well.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Zero bench.
I think they have a good enough bench. Them being able to keep Gasol could make them an amazing team. Nash was big as it is, now this.

It's a good thing we have Camby with Tyson because Nash is gonna have many options now. This is gonna be a tough team to stop.

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I think they have a good enough bench. Them being able to keep Gasol could make them an amazing team. Nash was big as it is, now this.

It's a good thing we have Camby with Tyson because Nash is gonna have many options now. This is gonna be a tough team to stop.
I know,but look at it this way.

we'll probably never have to see them in the post season :teeth:

Sage

Rotation player
I can faintly hear the sound of Dan Gilbert changing his font to Comic Sans as we speak...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Nash
Kobe
Metta
Gasol
Dwight

How exactly do you defend this team, The West just got a DOUCHE monster in Dwight Howard that they'll have to deal with.

Gasol can get away with being SOFT when you have a DWIGHT HOWARD next to you in the paint.

Dont we play the Lakers on Christmas :lol: that bastard Stern knew Dwight to the Lakers was going to happen all along

Last edited:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Our biggest concern here should be Philly's acquisition of Bynum. We are still better than them, but the did get much better. Turner will feature more in their offense but they have no one even capable of guarding Melo so he will sh!t on their defense.

Thing I love about Tyson is that he is a much more mature and smarter player than Bynum so he should be able to get under the nerves of Bynum and disrupt his game severely like he did to Dwight.

tiger0330

Legend
Other than clearing cap space it's not a good deal for Orlando, didn't get a star back and they won't rebuild thru the draft with those late round picks unless they get lucky.

I was reading Bynum has knee issues and the doctor that wrote the article said they may be career threatening.

LA really made out in this deal, they look unbeatable now with DH and Nash.