Lakers get Dwight Howard in a four-team deal

iSaYughh

Starter
Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.

6c15e822_business-cat-meme-generator-my-god-it-all-makes-sense-now-4972b0.jpeg

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I figured it was only a matter of time for Dwight to end up with the Lakers after the NBA blocked the trade to the Rockets. Stern is so typical. Gotta have an excuse to show the Lakers EVERY SUNDAY as the second game of the doubleheader. Don't throw in the towel just yet tho folks. I think our frontline will be able to match-up with any team out there. Bynum to Philly doesn't concern me much because he is a sometime player. I feel sorry for Doug Collins for sure. Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.
Bynum is the second best Center in the league & still young (24) Bynum for iggy? you pull that trigger every time. They lost some leadership/defense & play making but i feel this move gives Turner & Holiday a chance to step up and take their games to the next level ( especially Evan Turner) Iguodola is not a scrub, but i feel Bynum is more of a NEED to the sixers than Iggy is, the sixers got rid of Brand there only legit threat in the paint so trading for (the next best center in the league after Howard) in Bynum is a good move to me and Improves their roster.

I believe in the trade they also received Jason Richardson, so you lose leadership in Iggy but you bring in veteran leadership in Jason Richardson who's 31 and can still ball & on top of that they did get Wright (who can play 3 or the 4 to help space the floor for Bynum) and they also have Nick young so they have alot more floor spacing and shooters. Losing iggy and Lou williams stings but they'll be fine in the long run.

Bynum, Turner, Holiday, Not a bad start it has alot of potential i wouldn't underestimate this sixers team they have solid pieces.

Now if Doug Collins can fix Bynums attitude.. they'll be on their way, i'm sure they'll struggle with the roster shake up at first but i like the direction they are moving in

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Bynum is the second best Center in the league & still young (24) Bynum for iggy? you pull that trigger every time. They lost some leadership/defense & play making but i feel this move gives Turner & Holiday a chance to step up and take their games to the next level ( especially Evan Turner) Iguodola is not a scrub, but i feel Bynum is more of a NEED to the sixers than Iggy is, the sixers got rid of Brand there only legit threat in the paint so trading for (the next best center in the league after Howard) in Bynum is a good move to me and Improves their roster.

I believe in the trade they also received Jason Richardson, so you lose leadership in Iggy but you bring in veteran leadership in Jason Richardson who's 31 and can still ball & on top of that they did get Wright (who can play 3 or the 4 to help space the floor for Bynum) and they also have Nick young so they have alot more floor spacing and shooters. Losing iggy and Lou williams stings but they'll be fine in the long run.

Bynum, Turner, Holiday, Not a bad start it has alot of potential i wouldn't underestimate this sixers team they have solid pieces.

Now if Doug Collins can fix Bynums attitude.. they'll be on their way, i'm sure they'll struggle with the roster shake up at first but i like the direction they are moving in
I agree with most of this but still think they have a few question marks and will have some growing pains. The pick up of Wright and Young is solid but Wright is coming off a poor season and Young still has some attitude problem, and when paired with Bynum as his leader, may not work the best.

I don't think we should be too worried about Philly, they upgraded at center but we have 2 great defensive, starting quality C's on our roster. People do often forget that Bynum and Dwight are both great at their position because the 5 has a very small pool of quality talent. They are both great players but they both were fairly exposed when they came up against Chandler last season.

Philly did lose Iggy who is the core of their defense. And their perimeter defense WILL be exposed by his loss. Neither Turner or Wright are great defensive players and Melo, amongst other great perimeter players around the league, are going to blow their load all over Philly. Plus Spencer Hawes playing the 4? He is pretty good offensively but can't defend anyone, can't wait to see Amare's bounce back season against him.

Down the track I think Philly will be better than they were with Iggy, but they have just as many question marks as us if not more at this point. They had a good offseason but we now match up much better with them this season.

KingCharles34

All Star
I figured it was only a matter of time for Dwight to end up with the Lakers after the NBA blocked the trade to the Rockets. Stern is so typical. Gotta have an excuse to show the Lakers EVERY SUNDAY as the second game of the doubleheader. Don't throw in the towel just yet tho folks. I think our frontline will be able to match-up with any team out there. Bynum to Philly doesn't concern me much because he is a sometime player. I feel sorry for Doug Collins for sure. Philly gives up thier best player for Bynum??? See this is why I quit messing with Philly two decades ago and became a KNICKS fan because they do dumb stuff. KNICKS/LAKERS/MIAMI will be must-see TV this season for sure.

Yessir i get a little hard just thinking about Lakers vs Clippers, Lakers vs Heat, Knicks vs Celtics, Knicks vs Heat, Lakers vs Thunder....ohhh yea a full hard on now

noah.png

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I haven't been on since the season ended and I'm not here to gloat but the Lakers starting 5 is amazing, the bench is still really bad but the Lakers are def the favorites imo.

But on the other end even as a Laker fan when I look at the Knicks lineup objectively the Knicks actually match up pretty well with LA.

Nash is a way better PG than Felton but his D is so bad that Felton would still get his, nobody on NY is really stopping Kobe, but at this point nobody on LA is stopping Melo not even World Peace, Amare usually outplays Gasol, and Chandler has guarded Dwight very well throughout the last few seasons not to mention Camby's defensive presence.

Plus you guys do have a better bench. I still give the Lakers the nod but a Lakers/Knicks match up won't be as one sided as most ppl think imo barring injuries and if both teams are playing to their potential.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Bynum gonna leave Philly after this year and go to a true contender or a team that he can put over the top

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I wonder how long the thread for D12 is on the Magic team forum right now. Might just rival our Lin thread.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Honestly, the Lakers FO is so much better than the Knicks FO. They always gain crap and lose almost nothing, while Dolan somehow makes decisions that trump the stupidity of the previous decision he made.

So disappointed lately with the NBA. Not to mention the stupid lets-build-a-powerhouse team that everyone is starting to do..:boohoo:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Honestly, the Lakers FO is so much better than the Knicks FO. They always gain crap and lose almost nothing, while Dolan somehow makes decisions that trump the stupidity of the previous decision he made.

So disappointed lately with the NBA. Not to mention the stupid lets-build-a-powerhouse team that everyone is starting to do..:boohoo:

True it creates too much of a top heavy league. There will be teams like us, Boston, Clippers, Spurs that are potential dark horses but you can almost bet that Okc, Miami & Lakers will be there when it matters. I know people love to congratulate the Lakers FO, and they do deserve praise. But they have it made when every player worth anything of value puts them on their shortlist or demands a trade their.

elcol

Rotation player
Bynum is immature, he isn't even close to ready to take it to the next level by leading his team

jimkcchief88

All Star

That last sentence is the key tho: "Can Collins fix Bynum's attitude???" My guess is no. If playing for the Lakeshow with Kobe isn't enough to get you going IDK what is...This goes back to Metro's "production vs potential" quandary. I would take the known quanity of Iggy's athleticism and toughness over Bynam's enigmatic stuff... Bynam will show his true character when those boos start coming out of the stands and the criticsim mounts....Philly was a tough out, now they are just out....DC needs to get on the horn with TNT to get his old commentator seat warm again...:(

p0nder

Starter
I agree with the poster that says we match up better with the Lakers then the Heat.

Tyson always gets the best of Dwight. We've got brewer and shump to contain kobe. Felton & kidd = nash. Melo ****s al over MWP. and Amar'e = Gasol. I think Christmas will be an amazing show.

As for the 6ers, i'm not all that concerned about bynum. He's going to drop off a bit on a team that doesn't have the threats of gasol and kobe surronding him. With Iggy gone they are losing out on a player that gave the knicks fits.

This was a terrible trade for Orlando. Fans of that franchise are almost as tortured as Knicks fans. Looking back at the talent levels they have had with shaq and dwight and hardaway and others it's like they just bobble the ball when it lands in their court.

Denver will be a fun team to watch next year, but they remain on that second tier of playoff teams landing somewhere in the 8-4 seed in the west and a likely 1st round exit.

Still going with a Knicks/Lakers finals, knicks in 7!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree with the poster that says we match up better with the Lakers then the Heat.

Tyson always gets the best of Dwight. We've got brewer and shump to contain kobe. Felton & kidd = nash. Melo ****s al over MWP. and Amar'e = Gasol. I think Christmas will be an amazing show.

As for the 6ers, i'm not all that concerned about bynum. He's going to drop off a bit on a team that doesn't have the threats of gasol and kobe surronding him. With Iggy gone they are losing out on a player that gave the knicks fits.

This was a terrible trade for Orlando. Fans of that franchise are almost as tortured as Knicks fans. Looking back at the talent levels they have had with shaq and dwight and hardaway and others it's like they just bobble the ball when it lands in their court.

Denver will be a fun team to watch next year, but they remain on that second tier of playoff teams landing somewhere in the 8-4 seed in the west and a likely 1st round exit.

I like your analysis re how we match up with Lakers. However our team plaing well against them will depend on alot of things that have thus far been question marks:

Will Amare and Melo finally jibe well on offense?

Will Kidd's game finally fall off the face of the planet?

Will Melo and Amare defend their respective positions like they should?

How will Felton play??

By Christmas we could be a fairly cohesive unit, but time will tell.

We may actually lose our fair share of games at the beginning of the season and have to begrugingly witness more "gelling" on the part of our guys. Who knows..

Re Bynum couldn't disagree more. Bynum has suffered as the thrid option on the Lake show. He'll get more touches and his game will show more as a result. Dude's game is tight. He's the second best big-man in the league and his offense game is light years ahead of DW's. I look for him to average 16-18 ppg and 9-11 boards this upcoming season.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

Philly has nice pieces, but the pieces dont' fit. Bynum, is a half court stud, but the team is built to run up and down. Now will they slow that down, to work Bynum in the post? It does give them a crunch time option, rather than yacking up 20 footers. I think Thorn came out and said, Orlando didn't want Iguodala....shows you what Orlando's up to for the next 2 years....collecting bad expirings with draft picks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Nash is a huge key factor. The man almost took the Suns the last two seasons to the Playoffs. Could you imagine what he'll do on this team?

Don't underestimate him. His defense isn't that bad, and if it was, his offense sure as heck has been winning a lot of games for the teams he's been on. Whether it was Bynum or Howard, Nash is huge.