NBA 2K13 Thread

metrocard

Legend
^ I bought XBOX live, I gotta update my system and fix the glitches.

We all should post our XBOX live IDs and battle each other.

My 2K skills are primitive, but Im all in it for fun.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Living in Japan, I've got a PS3. They've (Sony) done an excellent job of keeping XBox out of the mix over here, and some of my friend's kids have never even heard of them!

I went to buy one in Tokyo, and in 4 different stores they didn't even stock them, so I got a PS3.

Does anyone have a PS3? Looks like I'm on my lonesome in this one. Bummer.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;251436 said:
Christian Laettner is such a blemish on this team. If they wanted to bring in a college representative, why they didn't bring in SHAQ I do not know.

Otherwise I would have put Jo Dumars on the team, but Jordan would have opposed it because he's a whining vagina. Perhaps James Worthy or Dominique Wilkins.

I definitely agree with you. Joe D & Dominique are on Dream Team II. I hope 2k Sports has that team next year. They had Kemp, Larry Johnson, Shaq, Zo, Derrick Coleman, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, Dan Majerle & my favorite PG KJ. That team IMO would give the original Dream Team a good run if not beat them.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I definitely agree with you. Joe D & Dominique are on Dream Team II. I hope 2k Sports has that team next year. They had Kemp, Larry Johnson, Shaq, Zo, Derrick Coleman, Reggie Miller, Mark Price, Dan Majerle & my favorite PG KJ. That team IMO would give the original Dream Team a good run if not beat them.

Not in their primes, I don't think. Too much brain out there between MJ, Larry, Magic, Stockton, Mullin. They'd get beaten on wit.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;251468 said:
Not in their primes, I don't think. Too much brain out there between MJ, Larry, Magic, Stockton, Mullin. They'd get beaten on wit.

With that front court size & big men that could run the floor, they'd be a problem. Double teams on Shaq & Kemp in the post & you have DC that could play inside out/stretch teh floor better than a prime Rasheed Wallace. I think it's a lot closer than you think :thumbsup:

smokes

Huge Member
Just got this game.

Wow they improved it a whole lot. All the things I've been complaining about for the last couple years have been fixed (see last years thread lol)...

Love having the dribble moves on the right stick, makes everything so much sweeter.

Does anyone know exactly what Jay Z did on this game to get an EP credit? Looks so bogus to me. Annoys me every time I see it :lol:

Clyde Munro the newest addition to the Knicks backcourt has been destroying his career mode, most recently putting up 44 points 15 assists 3 blocks against the Heat :peace:

metrocard

Legend
Just got this game.

Wow they improved it a whole lot. All the things I've been complaining about for the last couple years have been fixed (see last years thread lol)...

Love having the dribble moves on the right stick, makes everything so much sweeter.

Does anyone know exactly what Jay Z did on this game to get an EP credit? Looks so bogus to me. Annoys me every time I see it :lol:

Clyde Munro the newest addition to the Knicks backcourt has been destroying his career mode, most recently putting up 44 points 15 assists 3 blocks against the Heat :peace:

Damn, you're a beast.

You got drafted by the Knicks?

I got drafted by Dallas.

Jose Silva 6"0 Athletic PG out of a Manhattan College.

I'm averaging 13 points 11 assist 2.5 steals per game with 47% FG shooting and 37% 3pt shooting 2.2 turnovers in 22 minutes per game off the bench for Dallas in 17 games.

Getting my first start against Chicago.

I'm tight because when you do myplayer offline you can't transfer your VC points. I got about 6 Gs of VC points I wanna transfer over but can't...hopefully 2k can hook it up.

My guy is a 77 Overall PG
98 Speed
92 Quickness
85 Vertical
90 Mid Range
80 3Pt
90 Handles
85 Passing

I want to max out my physical attributes because I use the pick and roll 90% of the time and blow by guys.

smokes

Huge Member
Nah I got drafted by Detroit and demanded a trade to the Knicks! I didn't upgrade my dude at all before the trade so I was worth little. Got traded for Sheed and Prigioni!

Knicks were 3-4 before the trade now we are 14-4!

Averaging 18 points 9 assists 4 rebs 2 steal 2 to in 22 minutes.

Few tricks that you can use, if you brown nose the GM you'll be given more minutes!

I started with a Scoring PG because you have those nice shooting stats to begin with so you can stretch the floor and work better on the PNR. I always used to go Athletic PG but then the defense just sags off you and it's difficult to penetrate.

I totally abused the Heat's interior... I threw down 9 dunks... Dominique Wilkins hit me up on Twitter after the game :lol:

metrocard

Legend
Nah I got drafted by Detroit and demanded a trade to the Knicks! I didn't upgrade my dude at all before the trade so I was worth little. Got traded for Sheed and Prigioni!

Knicks were 3-4 before the trade now we are 14-4!

Averaging 18 points 9 assists 4 rebs 2 steal 2 to in 22 minutes.

Few tricks that you can use, if you brown nose the GM you'll be given more minutes!

I started with a Scoring PG because you have those nice shooting stats to begin with so you can stretch the floor and work better on the PNR. I always used to go Athletic PG but then the defense just sags off you and it's difficult to penetrate.

I totally abused the Heat's interior... I threw down 9 dunks... Dominique Wilkins hit me up on Twitter after the game :lol:

Nice, how tall is your PG?

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I spent like 2 hours before I started launching threes with J Rich.

Plus I played like 10 games on the Hornets on my first go around but they refused to trade me so I had to start again.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
After getting the MVP and and the finals MVP with the knicks, I demanded a trade to the Bobcats.

I just felt sorry for them, so I wanna lead them to their first ever championship.

I am currently the leading scorer with 37 ppg and the leader in steals with 2.9 spg.

Oh yeah, my bobcats are in a 16 win streak since my trade.

I have basically broken all of the team records.

I am a 6.3 pg, a bald one with a really long mustache: Abdul, #13.
And i am the first in the MVP race so far.

smokes

Huge Member
^ nice work!

I just broke the Knicks scoring record with a 61 point outburst against Rose and the Bulls, to go along with 11 assists, 5 rebs and a steal.

That was a crazy game, I changed the camera angle from Turbo to a modified 2k cam and it lets you see that you're actually open a lot easier.

Make sure you go through the jumpshots and pick a quick release for your dude, it really helps enormously in scoring. I use jumper 42 and release 26 I believe (copied from Chris Smoove).

I hit 5 threes for the first time ever and shot for 38 points from midrange!