Oak at it again.

Rate your faith in a deadly tandem being figured out between STAT & Melo in 12-13

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks have their own ?Big Three? in Carmelo Anthony, Amar?e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler, but proved to be no match to the eventual NBA Champion Miami Heat in the playoffs. - (⑧s: no regard for circumstance on that comment)

For much of the season Anthony, Chandler and Stoudemire struggled while on the floor together, with spacing issues causing Stoudemire to average 17.5 points per game after scoring 25.3 per game in his first season with the Knicks.
?It?s up to Coach [Woodson] to decide how he wants to coach the offense,? former Knicks forward Charles Oakley said while promoting Moore Training resistance bands.

display_image.jpg

?I think the problem with the Knicks is that their best two guys don?t make the people around them better. You see it with the Miami?s, the Oklahoma City?s, the Bulls, their top guys make others better. If that?s the case, I?m going to make sure that my top two guys have the ball at all times.?

The Knicks? big three have all been honing their games this offseason, with Chandler and Anthony winning Olympic gold in London and Stoudemire working with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston.

?[Stoudemire] is looking to fine tune his game, because if you want to be successful in this league you have to change up your game,? Oakley said. ?Amar?e is just doing whatever it takes to make himself better and for that I tip my hat to him.?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz23jqcmhri

Can't deny that the man has a point or two. I like that he's encouraging STAT's approach, and that he has put Woodson on the spot to make it work as coach of the team.

All that remains is a willingness from Anthony, and I'm sure he'll respond accordingly. His game can ascend to a new level if he starts making things happen for others. That, undeniably, will make his scoring easier, depending on that necessary willingness.

High hopes and expectations for 12-13.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Amar'e also has to give 100% on the floor at all times. He didn't look like he was even trying a lot of the time on defense last season.

I pretty much agree with Oakley. Our front court needs to mesh in order for us to succeed. Stat needs to learn how to share the paint with Tyson, play better Defense and stay healthy. Melo needs to sacrifice a little just to make sure Amare gets involved. If Melo does this he?ll take a lot of pressure off of himself and his teammates will gain some rhythm. When Amare isn?t scoring his energy level and heart starts to dwindle away?causing him to look lazy and lost. That said, Felton?s P&R will help Amare and I?m sure Kidds savvy leadership will aid in balancing out the team. I feel really good about the Knicks this year. We have a really good chance at doing something Oakley couldn?t do?and that?s win a chip for NYC.

Kiyaman

Legend
Our Big-3 frontcourt of Ty/Stat/Melo have to measure up first with the East top rotation of bigmen .. which happen to be the Chicago Bulls Big-4 frontcourt (runners) of Noah/Boozer/Gib/and Deng.

We are looking for consistancy and gellin from two different frontcourt lineups .. Ty/Stat/Melo annnd Camby/K.Thomas/Novak .. two winning bigmen lineups

CoolClyde

Crazy⑧s;246805 said:
All that remains is a willingness from Anthony, and I'm sure he'll respond accordingly. His game can ascend to a new level if he starts making things happen for others. That, undeniably, will make his scoring easier, depending on that necessary willingness.

true dat. the Oak man knows. agreed that Carmelicious can improve his game, but it's up to
the coach to have the team respond in kind, ie: not standing around watching MELO ISO.
the team needs to move and groove, ready to P&R, make backdoor plays, be ready for lobs, etc,
for Melo to grow as a team player. and that's all on Wood Son.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Kidd's going to help this, at least for the first 3 quarters of the game, we'll have a more spread attack with the PG controlling the tempo. then in the last 5 minutes, if game on the line, Iso Melo on the block, Amare becomes option 2.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Well i agree with OAK to an extent, but

how exactly do the thunder make players around them better? OKC top guns Westbrook and Durant are scoring juggernauts and take the most shots every game. Just because Durant does not demand the ball as much as Carmelo does not mean he makes his team mates better, the thunder have defensive minded players who don't need the ball in the first place to be good in perkins, Ibaka and sefolosha that are surrounding westbrook and Durant. Replace the Thunder with the Celtics or Clippers (rondo) definitely makes his teammates better, KG's leadership and determination on the court also plays a role.

Cp3 another guy ahead of Durant/Westbrook that flat out makes his teammates better.

Miami
- I agree their top guy Lebron makes his team mates better.

Bulls- I agree a healthy rose will make his team mates better, though i'd have to say they have better ball movement without rose.

KNICKS

Carmelo is not Lebron and will never be Lebron.

Carmelo is a gifted scorer and will do what he does best and thats SCORE THE BALL.

The knicks as a whole can make themselves better with less standing around on the court, this goes for Amare and Carmelo as well just because your the stars of the team doesn't mean you cant move around, set more picks, and do more cutting to the basket etc etc.

Communication and team work is the key to success, with that being said i hope Amare and Melo come into this season with improved chemistry.. theirs really no excuses this time around ( you have August, September and October to make things happen) after Amare is done with Hakeem Melo and Stat need to set up a mini knicks Camp to get that chemistry clicking.

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
Our Big-3 frontcourt of Ty/Stat/Melo have to measure up first with the East top rotation of bigmen .. which happen to be the Chicago Bulls Big-4 frontcourt (runners) of Noah/Boozer/Gib/and Deng.

We are looking for consistancy and gellin from two different frontcourt lineups .. Ty/Stat/Melo annnd Camby/K.Thomas/Novak .. two winning bigmen lineups

Melo,Stat,Tyson,Camby>>>Deng,Boozer,Noah,Gib

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Melo,Stat,Tyson,Camby>>>Deng,Boozer,Noah,Gib

I don't even think Chicago should be on our radar next year, their front court will be further depleted when Deng misses the first couple on months due to his surgery.

All of our front court needs to improve passing and work on getting more of their team mates involved. Camby is a great passing big man and should work well with the rest of the lineup. I'm pretty high on KT as a back up, still has a bit left in the tank and for 15 min a night will be a solid contributor. Basically a tougher Jeffries with a mid range shot.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
the bulls are going to be absolutely irrelevant this year. their bench is nate robinson, taj gibson, and then a bunch of no named scrubs. remember no more cj watson or john lucas so their PGs will be hinrich and robinson all year. rose is out til the end of the season and deng is gonna miss the first few months. that team is gonna be miserable to watch