#138 Iman Shumpert
#132 JR Smith
#127 Marcus Camby
#78 Jeremy Lin- wow 25 games
Wonder where they put Carmelo gotta figure in the 20's

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo's April plus Olympic Explosion should thrust him into the top 10 I say as low as 6 as high as 15 BSPN better not bull ****

Paul1355

All Star
Can't post link but its on ESPN.COM

Current notables

#500 Eddy Curry
#479 James White
#450 Jerome Jordan
#437 Pablo Prigioni
#406 Shawne Williams
#403 Josh Harrellson

Wonder where they put Carmelo gotta figure in the 20's

I dont think a player ranked 437 is going to lead any international team into almost beating Team USA....Prigs will open some eyes this year, he is a solid PG that doesnt make mistakes

metrocard

Legend
Melo should be around 10-15 after his performance in the Olympics. He was 15-20 before that.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Howard
5. Rose
6. Wade
7. Bryant
8. Bynum
9. Love
10. Anthony
11. Dirk
12. Ginobili
13. Williams
14. Rondo
15. Griffin
16. Parker
17. Pau Gasol
18. Westbrook
19. Chandler
20. Marc Gasol
21. Smith
22. Nash
23. Cousins
24. Irving
25. Deng
25. Bosh
26. Harden
27. Joe Johnson
28. Eric Gordon
29. John Wall
30. Danny Granger

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with Metro, i do think Melo has repassed Nowitzki and probably Ginobili too but thats real close in my opinion. Ginobili has some of the best intangibles i have ever seen, and hes just a really good all around player. Melo's offense is superior but im not sure if its by enough to make up for Ginobili's superior defense, passing, and team player. And I do think Melo is a good team player and passer himself, i just think Ginobilis better at those things

New New York

Quiet Storm
Melo should be around 10-15 after his performance in the Olympics. He was 15-20 before that.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Howard
5. Rose
6. Wade
7. Bryant
8. Bynum
9. Love
10. Anthony
11. Dirk
12. Ginobili
13. Williams
14. Rondo
15. Griffin
16. Parker
17. Pau Gasol
18. Westbrook
19. Chandler
20. Marc Gasol
21. Smith
22. Nash
23. Cousins
24. Irving
25. Deng
25. Bosh
26. Harden
27. Joe Johnson
28. Eric Gordon
29. John Wall
30. Danny Granger

Not bad...gonna give ESPN's top 10 and what I think it should be

ESPN's 10

Lebron
Durant
Howard
Wade
Dirk
Paul
Rose
Bryant
Love
Williams

New New York

Lebron
Durant
Rose (pre-injury)
Wade or Kobe
Kobe or Wade (toss up)
Howard
Paul
Williams
Melo
Love

Why Melo gets the slot above Love and why he makes top 10 over Dirk

1.Melo is a Knick and I am biased towards any player who plays for us!!!

2. Melo plays the post better than both despite they both being PF's and Melo being a SF and both have Melo by 2 inches

3. Melo puts the ball on the floor better than both.

4. None of the 3 are lockdown defenders but Melo is actually the best of the 3

5. Melo average 38 pts per game in the 2 games against The Heat....2 desperation games against The Leagues top Defense and eventually NBA Champion. Dirk 25 pts per game at 40% against the runner-up in scenario.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I can't put Love above Melo because Love has never played on a winning team!!! Melo has consistently achieved playoffs berths over his career, and usually they were 50+ win seasons.

At the same time, I can't even consider the case for Melo over Dirk; Dirk has two Finals appearances and One Big Ring, so as long as his drop-off is not very dramatic (and it was not so drastic last season), I think Dirk is still up there in the Top 10.

I think this is Melo's year to earn that Top 10 spot.

MadJack

Benchwarmer

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Howard
5. Rose
6. Wade
7. Bryant
8. Bynum
9. Love
10. Anthony
11. Dirk
12. Ginobili
13. Williams
14. Rondo
15. Griffin
16. Parker
17. Pau Gasol
18. Westbrook
19. Chandler
20. Marc Gasol
21. Smith
22. Nash
23. Cousins
24. Irving
25. Deng
25. Bosh
26. Harden
27. Joe Johnson
28. Eric Gordon
29. John Wall
30. Danny Granger

Did you really put Bynum and Love ahead of Melo?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Did you really put Bynum and Love ahead of Melo?

I think Love's got a legit cause to be considered better than Melo.

He was monstrous last season. Don't think he had a cause to blame Minnesota for a losing season, mind you. Winners take it upon themselves.

Bynum, on the other hand, is a great centre, but is yet to prove that he's a game winner. He'll get that chance away from Kobe, though, but another injury isn't exactly unlikely with this guy.

Right now, I'd call Love and Melo on par, but Bynum, aside from the fact that he had some enormous games last season, is not there yet. Perhaps not even top 15.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think Bynums right on that edge, against most teams he makes a big impact with his defense and offense. Carmelo hasnt consistently shown he can make a big impact on defense, i think he does really good at times in spurts. We'll see what he does next year but as of right now i see an argument for Bynum. At the same time Bynum really needs to focus harder mentally and not let weaker centers like McGee, Perkins and Ibaka get the better of him. He still has alotta potential even at this point, still hasnt reached his prime in my opinion.

As for Love, I dont even know what to say about that dude. Hes a beast statistically and the Twolves proved they coulda been a playoff team if Rubio didnt get hurt. I hate him, he always sh*ts on us.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Love is not better than Melo and Bynum is not even close. At this stage of his career Kobe is not better than Melo. Rose is not even gonna play next year so I don't think he should be on the list at all.