Let the the Countdown begin....

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
We have 6 weeks until the start of training camp. That's, at most, 42 days until we find out who our back up PF will be.

Since 42 happens to be the magic number, today is David Lee Appreciation Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't think acquiring a back-up PF is really a necessity. I mean Melo is going to need burn at PF as well. We have Novak who can play both SF-PF and we have Kurt Thomas, who isn't as good as he used to but he can still ball.

CoolClyde

thread starter extraordinaire

hey man, what's up with starting threads for every thought you have? they're not bad, but they're
clogging up the forum. what if we started a JaYnYcE thread just for you, so everyone can know
what you're thinking and watching each and every day? of course i'm being facetious (and maybe a dick),
but c'mon now, give the other threads a chance.
:boohoo:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
hey man, what's up with starting threads for every thought you have? they're not bad, but they're
clogging up the forum. what if we started a JaYnYcE thread just for you, so everyone can know
what you're thinking and watching each and every day? of course i'm being facetious (and maybe a dick),
but c'mon now, give the other threads a chance.
:boohoo:

There are no other threads because any thread that is similar to another in the eyes of you moderators it gets merged into the "player performace" thread of one of our players and i think that is completely subjective. A thread about melo can be started not having anything to do with his player performance but will get merged into that thread when jt doesn't need to be there. I think that makes our forum look boring because there would never be new threads for visitors.

CA7

Scoring Champ
There are no other threads because any thread that is similar to another in the eyes of you moderators it gets merged into the "player performace" thread of one of our players and i think that is completely subjective. A thread about melo can be started not having anything to do with his player performance but will get merged into that thread when jt doesn't need to be there. I think that makes our forum look boring because there would never be new threads for visitors.

So is that why you only have 43 posts in 6 years

Your average is worse than Fred Jones'

On a side note I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So is that why you only have 43 posts in 6 years

Your average is worse than Fred Jones'

On a side note I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign

Woooooow fred jones though. I try not to post to much and live in the real world but my posting is becoming more frequent.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sticky mess all over my computer.

I hate merging everything together, performance threads should be for facts and analysis while opinionated threads or comparison threads should be free reign

I agree.

- Good threads deserve their own place, and shouldn't get 'swept under the bed'. It's silly. Why throw them in a maze?

- You'd have to add a link to the page within an actual thread to stop others from getting lost in the poo pile while conversing about an individual.

- We'll have nigh on 15 stickies clogging the main forum with all these news and player threads. I thought we wanted it to look more organised? Not more f*cked!

- How many of those stickies will get like 1 or 2 posts a week and just sit there dormant? Novak's? Woodson's (hopefully not)? Brewer's?

- People will miss up to date information if they don't actively look for it within the maze. Duh!

- Other threads, if they make enough noise, should be kept separate. Less popular/heavy traffic threads can just get thrown in to the mess. But they'll eventually get pushed on to the next page of threads anyway, so there's really no point. They can get picked up later if necessary, and they'll be 10x easier to find.

IMO, the only threads that should be stickies are the super heavy traffic threads - Melo's is probably the only one that'll make that grade - Roll Call - GT schedule - and really, really good posts - and incredibly hot topics - again, the Melo thread maybe the STAT thread.

MAX 5 STICKIES.

The whole thing wasn't thought out very well from the get go. Wasn't a democratic vote either.

I say NAY! 10+ stickies is gay.
:2cents:

You know with real people and real friends. Not cyberspace i couldn't dedicate my life to thousands of posts. Not a knock on anyone who does it but I'm good

I think you're taking for granted how high a percentage of people have jobs or the like where they're already on a computer for long stretches of time. I really don't think posting on this message board, in any frequency, has usurped anyone's ability to live a real life with real people.

Seriously, that whole, 'well, you're a loser because you're on a message board, so there' stance is very 2001. Also, you used the term 'cyberspace'.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You know with real people and real friends. Not cyberspace i couldn't dedicate my life to thousands of posts. Not a knock on anyone who does it but I'm good

real people Crazy 8's is real, metro is real, rady is real

I don't dedicate my life to KO but I love ball and the Knicks and this is the best place to talk New York Basketball

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think you're taking for granted how high a percentage of people have jobs or the like where they're already on a computer for long stretches of time. I really don't think posting on this message board, in any frequency, has usurped anyone's ability to live a real life with real people.

Seriously, that whole, 'well, you're a loser because you're on a message board, so there' stance is very 2001. Also, you used the term 'cyberspace'.
i never called anyone a loser and never will. i am on my computer for a great portion of my day but i'm still not gonna post here every 5 minutes and that is fine for the people who do but isn't my twist. now checking this site an insanely frequent amount of times during the day well yeah, i'm on here all day long. But there is def a difference between the real world and the passe term cyberspace...so for ca7 to mention those people is a pretty weak comeback point. Of course they are real people but there isn't a real relationship(unless 2 users know each other) thats like having an online girlfriend and never seeing her or talking to her on the phone or texting. is that a real girlfriend? hell no...In any rate back to my original point of this thread, is there anyway we could have a live newsfeed kind of thing instead of starting irrelevant less important posts we could just post them there???

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Not sure if you're calling this thread irrelevant or not but in my defense I figured having a daily countdown till training camp is relevant.

KingCharles34

All Star
I do agree that theres been a little too much merging and over moderating but thats just my opinion and its nothing against the mods, i love all them. We got the best mods we ever had on here and thats 100% undeniable fact.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Happy Kurt Thomas Appreciation Day! Let's wish Kurt a great season!

CoolClyde

Happy Kurt Thomas Appreciation Day! Let's wish Kurt a great season!

i'm surprised this isn't a new thread. hey man, make as many threads as you want; if new threads for each and every thought is what makes KO unique to the majority of posters here, then so be it.
:beer:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
David Lee Melo and Tyson, that's insane.

Who do you go with, Lee Melo Tyson or Amar'e Melo Tyson, I go with Lee because he fits the spot better even if he isn't necessarily a better overall player.