1999 Knicks vs Current Knicks in a Best of 7, who u got?

???

• 99 Knicks

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 99 Knicks would sweep the current Knicks. Your thread is disrespectful 1 star

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 2012 Knicks

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 2012 Knicks would sweep those old school bums

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Charlie Ward
Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Larry Johnson
Pat Ewing
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby
Chris Childs
Chris Dudley

VS

Ray Felton
Shumpert
Carmelo
Amare
Chandler
Jason Kidd
JR Smith
Brewer
Camby
Kurt Thomas
Novak

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Charlie Ward
Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Larry Johnson
Pat Ewing
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby
Chris Childs
Chris Dudley

VS

Ray Felton
Shumpert
Carmelo
Amare
Chandler
Jason Kidd
JR Smith
Brewer
Camby
Kurt Thomas
Novak
I I think 06 knick would swept them both!:beer:

KingCharles34

All Star
I think u have a point jafet if they stayed healthier at the end of the season they woulda made the playoffs. That was the last year of Marburys prime and he played his best defense. That was also the only year Eddy Curry almost made the all star team

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think the current team would take in about 6. Ewing wasn't the same player at that stage of his career and I think Tyson could do a pretty good job on him. Also I don't see Houston or Spree slowing down Melo

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
H2O vs Shump would be an interesting battle to watch but I think the current team would end up taking it in the end.

Good thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The 99 team were a struggling 8th seed that peaked at the right time, and proved to the world that any pro team in basketball that worked at full potential could be deadly.

And they were. It was almost uncanny to see a team hit 5th gear the way they did, and under the circumstances in which they did it.

This team, much like the legends of 99, can straight rape any other when the cylinders are firing at full noise.

It's a tough call for me, even though I remember that 99 run clearly, but I think when we see this Knick team peak, that we'll know for sure.

If the 99 team had anything on this team, it's speed. Sprewell was a hurricane stuck in a 94x50 foot rectangle. Unstoppable. He made up for the majority of that advantage.

p0nder

Starter
This years team for certain. i'd say in 6 games. As big of a Ewing fan as I am i recognize that Tyson would of been a lot of trouble for Pat at that stage. Shump/brewer would be able to slow down H20/spree. Felton is much better then childs or ward. Melo is better then anyone on that 99 knicks team and him and STAT could still score against LJ/Camby/KT. This years team has more depth and a better backcourt. the old team probably has the edge in shooting because of pat and h20. But I think that the defensive edge is actually with this years team and that would be too much for the 99 knicks.

will this be an option in nba 2k13? would love to try it out.

I say the 99 team would win.

Charlie Ward is underrated, decent floor general and excellent defender.

Spree would own the current team like Wade does on a yearly basis.

Larry Johnson was a man, he'd prison rape Amar'e and his soft game.

Camby and Ewing were both better overall players than Tyson Chandler is, they could score too and not only defend....even the old and injured Ewing.

Chris Childs was at least as good as Felton, probably even better.

I'd say in terms of defense, experience, mentality and balls the 99 team has a huge advantage.

The current team is more athletic and provides more scoring, but guess what it's defense and attitude (toughness) that wins in the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Melo would get frustrated by the 99' defense and start chucking the Knicks out of the game. Amare is too soft to play against a team like that.

Only chance 2012 Knicks got is Chandler dominating the center position and hoping JR Smith makes 45% of his shots. Melo can't do it alone.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 99-Knicks were an 8th seeded (double-deep) team that made it to the FINALS .... I havnt seen the 2012-13 Knicks play .. but hell2da NO the 2012 dont come close to the 99 Knicks .. Chris Childs was a monster with Spree & Houston

Last edited:

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I picked 99 Knicks but it's close, it must be noted that the NBA was pretty weak that year comparatively. Spurs were a good team but not a standout champion, Lakers were still coming together, hell even the Heat were pretty bad for a 1 seed. The Mourning/Hardaway pairing was pretty flawed.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with what alotta u sayin, Spree woulda been a problem for Melo. He knew how to position himself perfectly on defense, great footwork and great hands too. Carmelo mighta had his way in the low post against Sprewell though, but that knicks team had good help defenders and they coulda switched LJ on to Carmelo. I think their mental and physical toughness would be too much for the current knicks, even though this current team might actually have just as much talent if not more.

And as some posters said, i cant finalize my opinion until the end of next season and I gotta see what we do in the playoffs. But I kinda think the 99 team might even son the 2012 Knicks

I would just love to see Kurt Thomas and Camby vs Kurt Thomas and Camby. Both of them might actually have better rebounding stats now then they did then

Kiyaman

Legend
The last BEST play-making PG the Knicks had on their roster were Chris Childs ..
Backup PG Charlie Ward became the Knicks unannounced captain in the 1999 season !!!

KingCharles34

All Star
Oh boy here we go again Kiyaman...

In my opinion, Stephon Marbury was easily the best playmaking point guard going back to...Mark Jackson.

He was better then Childs easily in my opinion. If you disagree, will I lose my temper and insult you, maybe curse at you too? Nope lol, its cool brother