New York vs Minnesota (11/3)

jayp

Benchwarmer
damn, we lost.. i didn't have the opportunity to watch the game but from seeing the stats, i think we didn't play enough defense.. Steph and JC had pretty good games, KT rebounded the ball well, Ariza had a decent performance.. on the other side of things, TT didn't shoot the ball well, the bench didn't contribute enough.. we should have won this game but i am not dissapointed.. a couple more games should help us reach that first W.. overall they did a good job, they should win the next one

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
wow, i was def impressed by marbury, he plays with alot more passion than im used to seeing him, hes so much more agressive now
ariza i think def played well cuz of his hustle plays, causing TOs, dunks, hes still learning from his rookie mistakes
crawford had a good 1st half but def a very bad 2nd half, i def dunno wut he was doing for awhile
of course tim thomas didnt play well, and no1 else really contributed much other than sweets, but overall not bad, the just need to improve abit on D and shooting

e_D

Benchwarmer
I think we played well for most of the game. Our defense was there when it counted (last few minutes of the fourth), but unfortunately we couldn't knock any shots down at that time and that's what led to the loss. Had we been able to get a few baskets and knock down free throws in the last 5 minutes of the game I think we would have won.

Overall I'm impressed with how we played against a Western superpower.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
It was a fun game to watch and Marbury was impressive
Lenny certainly gave the youth some crunch time experience...too bad it didn't pay off
I am just scared that this will be a common theme against quality playoff type teams...we are good enough to stay around and compete; but, come crunchtime...we don't have that dominating force that will win the game...we still rely way too much on the perimeter game...I don't have answers...but, we are fun to watch...and you can sit back and see that the future looks good!!!

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
They were definitley fun to watch last night and fought to the bitter end, but yea the shots just were not falling.

It should be fun to watch them through out the year, I bought tickets for Saturday on ebay.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The team was awesome yesterday with the exception of Tim Thomas. Crawford and Marbury came out shooting the lights out, we would have been on top by quite a bit if someone had held Wally down, instead of giving him all those open shots. Tim Thomas pissed me off, made his first shot than retired for the rest of the game, all he could do was throw bricks up. Kurt and Sweets did their thing, both scored double digits and did some rebounding. No answer to Garnett on this game, he looked like he was shooting around in practice for the first half of this game, Kurt did the best he could and didn't get into foul trouble. Ariza's defense really impressed me, seen him make some nice steals and force turnovers. By the end of the game Marbury was tired and started missing shots, including free throws, can't blame the guy he had an awesome performance.....guess its just the first game and he got to get used to all those minutes. If Tim Thomas had contributed a little more, maybe knock down 2 or 3 more shots we might have won. Free throws were crucial and we kept missing them. Man and I still can't forget that sweet pass marbury set up Mohamed with downlow in front of the basket and mohammed blew the layup....

WiL8000

Rotation player
Poor shot selection in the fourth quarter is what killed us amongst other things. Mohamed, Baker and Tim Thomas were ice cold. I'm sorry but Nazr Mohamed doesn't cut it at center, so what if he can grab a couple of rebounds.
On a positive note, Crawford and Marbury looked good in this one. Spree couldn't defend Crawford, it was great to see Crawford outplay him. Ariza and Sweets looked good too, especially on D and rebounding.

JJtheKnick

Starter
This game, we played very well. To me, this is like a win. We could have beat these guys if we made 3 more shots, just think of it like that

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
LISTEN GOOD!

Here's the proper break down of this game:

Jamal Crawford was being a ball hog, reason no one complained is because it worked in the first half. It came crashing down later in the second half. Secondly, Tim Thomas didn't have a good game. But it was not his fault Lenny played Ariza more, which isn't a bad thing. I honestly think they can use Tim Thomas as trade bait. Marbury did do well but I really think he needs to pass a little bit more, regardless of the assists. We had NO ANSWER for Kevin Garnett. Kurt Thomas is doing well, and should not be traded regardless of what you guys think. If anything Lenny was testing out combonations alot and this should've been closer than anyone thinks. Vin Baker didn't look to good either....

All and all they did play well though, justs needs some work, that's all....

Like I've said they need to get a better feel for each other....

:rolling:

itpgal_jamal_041103.jpg

dacash

Benchwarmer
it was a loss.no moral victory,those wre last year. get a big man in da center who wants to rebound and block shots.nazr wont cut itdamn i keep asking is theo ratliff still around get him. .

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
Man and I still can't forget that sweet pass marbury set up Mohamed with downlow in front of the basket and mohammed blew the layup....

I also remember this vividly, lol .just think had he made this layup, marbury made his at the end, a couple pther shots go in, they woulda won, oh well, they better win saturday :)

WiL8000

Rotation player
Besides being in dire need of a center, this game really shows how bad we need Houston back at 100%. He could hit those clutch 3's in game situations like this one vs. the Timberwolves.