Cuban Smokes Kidd

KingCharles34

All Star
^ I agree

Kidd made the right choice, hes coming to a great city and he fits in better on our team then he ever did in DallAss trash

Kiyaman

Legend
24 million over 3 years, not enough? Kidd was in the 2nd year of that last contract with the Mavs. Would not be surprised if Tyson got in Kidd's ear after Deron's decision. In order to get Tyson, the Mavs had to be rebuffed by Lebron, Bosh, and Joe Johnson. Mavs at the time held a 12 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Erick Dampier, and tried to parlay that into a sign and trade for those 3. When that failed, they saved the Bobcats some cash, by taking Chandler. Marion also signed with the Mavs because the Mavs had an 8 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Jerry Stackhouse, whom they parlayed in a sign and trade for Marion...for nothing. Cuban maybe unloyal, but he knows the CBA in and out and is not afraid to benefit from it. He even tried to get Kidd to agree to that 3rd year contract to be unguaranteed.....shrewd.

Cuban let the CBA call his shots .. Cuban didnt show any effort in keeping 80% of his championship roster together for a short 66 game season .. plus that championship roster wanted another season together.

Dolan didnt let the CBA stop him from handing Tyson Chandler a 4 yr contract at $48M.

Kidd made a wiser decision than Nash....until Dwight joined Nash in LA

Cuban used to not be shy about spending money. Theres a cba but he could just pay luxury tax. I wonder if hes having money problems. Maybe deron and dwight asked for too much. Maybe dirk will want out soon. Trade amare for dirk? Lol jk.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Cuban used to not be shy about spending money. Theres a cba but he could just pay luxury tax. I wonder if hes having money problems. Maybe deron and dwight asked for too much. Maybe dirk will want out soon. Trade amare for dirk? Lol jk.

Yea he used to be free-spending, willy nilly, but now there is some tightening of the belt straps, but I think he's just a shrewd dude, so he will not be splish splashing anything.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

He could care less about the cash. It's the player acquisition restrictions, over the tax, no sign and trades are possible. You get only 3.3 million to blow. He didn't want to lock himself out of getting players down the line. For example this offseason, he was able to score OJ Mayo for 4 million on a one year deal, because the market ran out of cash. What was Mayo looking for 3 years 24 million. He's set himself up for another run at the market next summer....who knows, Collison and Mayo light up the league and then he will.....resign them?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
He could care less about the cash. It's the player acquisition restrictions, over the tax, no sign and trades are possible. You get only 3.3 million to blow. He didn't want to lock himself out of getting players down the line. For example this offseason, he was able to score OJ Mayo for 4 million on a one year deal, because the market ran out of cash. What was Mayo looking for 3 years 24 million. He's set himself up for another run at the market next summer....who knows, Collison and Mayo light up the league and then he will.....resign them?

Yea he's in a good position with Dallas because he can ride the team he has right now for a few more winning seasons even if he doesn't find opportunity to splash the cash.

They missed out on Deron but he's in a good situation and he's not committed to any players just for the sake of committing the big bucks.

Dirk is durable and I see him playing at a high level for maybe the next 5 years. He will not put up the 20 points maybe, but the guy is 7 feet and can drain the snake.

Dallas prognosis: good things

I used to like Cuba back in the day because he showed passion for the game. Now I think he's getting too much face time in the media and his image is starting to take a hit. It probably is a Texas thing. I don't know whoes craving more attention Cuba or Jerry Jones. As long as Cuba dosen't start rapping about pizza in commercials I still hold a lil respect for him. As far as Kid goes....he of all people should know that this is a biz, I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is look like the whining Dan Gilbert.