Cuban Smokes Kidd

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It looks like getting your jersey raised into the rafters as a Dallas Maverick?s legend takes more than a few solid years and a championship. In this case, Mark Cuban, is preaching loyalty, and apparently Jason Kidd doesn?t fit the proverbial ?glass slipper?.

Mark Cuban says ?no chance? the Mavs retire Jason Kidd?s number via ESPN Dallas/Fort Worth.

?I was more than upset,? Cuban said. ?I thought he was coming. I was pissed. ? ?J. Kidd is a big boy; he can do whatever he wants. But you don?t change your mind like that. That was ? yeah. I?m sure I?ll get over it at some point, but as of now, I wouldn?t put J. Kidd?s number in the rafters.?

nba_g_cuban_gb1_576.jpg

The Mavericks owner and Shark Tank personality, Mark Cuban, seems a bit peeved with J-Kidd and his decision to ditch Dallas for the New York Knicks.

Cuban had said that Kidd?s decision ?hurt my feelings? and Cuban?s recent lash towards the future hall of famer is undoubtedly an extension of his anger towards Kidd?s overall choice to leave the Mavs.

?He?s a good guy, but I just thought that was wrong,? Cuban said. ?You can?t put a guy?s number in the rafters when he decides he doesn?t want to be there.?

Cuban feels played by Kidd during the off-season, claiming the point guard wasn?t straight forward about wanting to leave. Cuban went on to praise Jason Terry for being honest and up front about wanting to explore his options and even says that the likelihood of Terry?s jersey eventually reaching the rafters will be considered.

?Putting somebody up in the rafters, that?s something sacred in my mind,? Cuban said. ?You don?t just do it just to do it, to have a big ceremony, to sell tickets. You haven?t seen me decide yet. I go back and forth on Derek Harper all the time, but Harp will be up there before J. Kidd will.?

?I?ve always said my prerequisite was that you played on a championship team for the Mavs. I?d say Jet?s got a shot, Dirk?s an obvious, but as of right now I wouldn?t put J. Kidd up there.?

Well, there you have it. As of right now, Jason Kidd?s number does not seem like it has a chance of being featured in the rafters of the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/mark_cuban_no_chance_mavs_retire_jason_kidds_number/11513818

Won't put Kidd up there, but graciously lets the DPOY walk. That's 1 douche point to you, Puban.

jafet6

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;247056 said:
It looks like getting your jersey raised into the rafters as a Dallas Maverick?s legend takes more than a few solid years and a championship. In this case, Mark Cuban, is preaching loyalty, and apparently Jason Kidd doesn?t fit the proverbial ?glass slipper?.

Mark Cuban says ?no chance? the Mavs retire Jason Kidd?s number via ESPN Dallas/Fort Worth.

?I was more than upset,? Cuban said. ?I thought he was coming. I was pissed. ? ?J. Kidd is a big boy; he can do whatever he wants. But you don?t change your mind like that. That was ? yeah. I?m sure I?ll get over it at some point, but as of now, I wouldn?t put J. Kidd?s number in the rafters.?

nba_g_cuban_gb1_576.jpg

The Mavericks owner and Shark Tank personality, Mark Cuban, seems a bit peeved with J-Kidd and his decision to ditch Dallas for the New York Knicks.

Cuban had said that Kidd?s decision ?hurt my feelings? and Cuban?s recent lash towards the future hall of famer is undoubtedly an extension of his anger towards Kidd?s overall choice to leave the Mavs.

?He?s a good guy, but I just thought that was wrong,? Cuban said. ?You can?t put a guy?s number in the rafters when he decides he doesn?t want to be there.?

Cuban feels played by Kidd during the off-season, claiming the point guard wasn?t straight forward about wanting to leave. Cuban went on to praise Jason Terry for being honest and up front about wanting to explore his options and even says that the likelihood of Terry?s jersey eventually reaching the rafters will be considered.

?Putting somebody up in the rafters, that?s something sacred in my mind,? Cuban said. ?You don?t just do it just to do it, to have a big ceremony, to sell tickets. You haven?t seen me decide yet. I go back and forth on Derek Harper all the time, but Harp will be up there before J. Kidd will.?

?I?ve always said my prerequisite was that you played on a championship team for the Mavs. I?d say Jet?s got a shot, Dirk?s an obvious, but as of right now I wouldn?t put J. Kidd up there.?

Well, there you have it. As of right now, Jason Kidd?s number does not seem like it has a chance of being featured in the rafters of the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/mark_cuban_no_chance_mavs_retire_jason_kidds_number/11513818

Won't put Kidd up there, but graciously lets the DPOY walk. That's 1 douche point to you, Puban.

well jason kidd was steling money from him! all of this year just like he will do to the knicks he was good when he was in nets but the last 3-4 season he has been less than average except on D! but las year he was just playing like ****:barf:jeremy one handed lin torched him! imagine that! Derek fisher last year helped more than him!:agreed:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I see where Cuban is coming from on this.

It sounds like, to Cuban's mind, it was a given that Kidd was coming back, and maybe Jason gave him indication in some form that he would come back.

We don't know the details. At the same time, Cuban is a shrewd dude and Kidd knows what's up too. If Cuban is peeved, it seems like it's a good reason, Cuban is pretty straight-forward.

Whatever, at the end, now maybe the Kidd return to Dallas will be a big-time game to watch.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I understand where he's coming from. Cuban said he'll get over it. He let Tyson go for the future, it's not that he didn't appreciate him, and he DID offer him a one year deal. He probably would have signed him to a longer deal this off-season if he didn't get Howard or D-Will.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This shows us why owners are hypocrites!!!

You trade a player and you tell them "it's just part of the buisness" but when player chooses to leave he's not loyal!!!

I hate how Dwight and Lebron and (Melo for that matter) handled leaving their teams yet each of them would have been traded for better deals

Cuban didnt trade Nash or Chandler but where was his "loyalty" to them when it came down to their extensions? He wanted to get DWill and/or Dwight so he let Chandler (probably second most significant player to your title run) go

Wanted to get younger so Nash was let go to get Jason Terry and Erik Dampier

Cuban needs to get over it sooner than later!!!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I guarantee you if Cuban snatched up Deron Williams during the off-season and Kidd still decided to come to the Knicks this article would of never existed... just my :2cents:

Wargames

Starter
I like this cause it implies Cuban still think Kidd has juice in the tank. Keep in mind they ran kidd ragged last year in that shortened season, but I still think he can orchestrate an offense as a backup. Also he is high BBIQ player so that helps as well.

In 2 years that 3 million dollar contract becomes a nice expiring to package (likely with Camby) for a better a young better piece to help with that 2014-15 rebuild.

p0nder

Starter
What a clown. Cuban should pick the panties out of his crack and man the **** up. It's a business. He's done his share of shrewd maneuvers in basketball and business.

J Kidd talked to dirk about it and Dirk seemed to understand and be cool with it. Whats up with Cuban's bitch ass? Maybe he should try having a relationship with his players instead of sucking the limelight off their amazing accomplishments.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Maybe you shouldn't have put your championship team on firesale then. He didn't show respect to his players that won him the ring he wanted so why should the players do the same.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Cuban has every right to feel the way he does. The day before Kidd committed to the Knicks, there were wide reports that Kidd had verbally agreed to resign with the Mavs at 3 years 10 million. I'm sure Cuban didn't come out the gate offering that deal, Kidd's side gave Cuban a number that they wanted, and Cuban made another offer. There's no way you give Kidd that many guaranteed years at his age, but Cuban was all set in keeping Kidd in the front office when his playing days were done. Kidd's basketball IQ, you can keep him coaching or up in the office to offer expertise well into his retirement days. That's what Cuban had in mind when offering this deal. Kidd then plays golf, looks at the personnel, it was just Dirk, Marion and him compared to the Knicks, and decided to jump ship, reneging on a verbal agreement is a no no in NBA circles....Carlos Boozer.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba...-kidd-agrees-to-a-three-year-deal-from-dallas

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Maybe you shouldn't have put your championship team on firesale then. He didn't show respect to his players that won him the ring he wanted so why should the players do the same.

He did not sell his players. He wanted to maintain flexibility. That was the goal even before the championship. JJ Barea 4 years 16 million? Deshawn Stevenson 2 years 8 million. Caron Butler coming off a torn patella tendon in his knee, 3 years 24 million. Chandler was offered a one year deal for 20 million. 20 million a player like Chandler won't sniff 20 million in one season. It wasn't a secret in mavs land that Cuban and Nelson were building a club to expire in 2012. Now they have cap flexibility to make moves that will be extinguished when the CBA rules hit town, ie sign and trades, MLE's, etc. Each player had their ring ceremony upon returning to Dallas, that is great respect, some teams just mail the ring and that's it.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I like this cause it implies Cuban still think Kidd has juice in the tank. Keep in mind they ran kidd ragged last year in that shortened season, but I still think he can orchestrate an offense as a backup. Also he is high BBIQ player so that helps as well.

In 2 years that 3 million dollar contract becomes a nice expiring to package (likely with Camby) for a better a young better piece to help with that 2014-15 rebuild.

I hope it's true that Kidd has gas, but I think Cuban wanted to keep him around long after his playiing days. Kidd has value, with his IQ and respect around the league. He'll have a front office job somewhere, in a high profile area. I think Cuban offered the 3 years after Kidd asked for more, that's what I think, no way he comes out to offer that, for Cuban it's an early investment into Kidd's post playing days.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

You trade a player and you tell them "it's just part of the buisness" but when player chooses to leave he's not loyal!!!

I hate how Dwight and Lebron and (Melo for that matter) handled leaving their teams yet each of them would have been traded for better deals

Cuban didnt trade Nash or Chandler but where was his "loyalty" to them when it came down to their extensions? He wanted to get DWill and/or Dwight so he let Chandler (probably second most significant player to your title run) go

Agreed.

But the Kidd situation was different, Kidd had verbally agreed to return to the Mavs and by the next day, he reneged on it and agreed with the Knicks. In NBA circles you don't go back on your word.

As for Cuban's loyalty, owners offer players what they feel they are worth. Negotiations are a cat mouse game, he said, they offered this. Cuban had his mind set on cap flexiblity with this new CBA as far back as 2010, before the championship team was built. Cuban felt Kidd could offer a lot more to the Mavs brand well into his retirement, thus him offering a 3 year deal. I'm sure Nelson hated the idea. Cuban is seeking value for what he is paying out. Could that squad he put together in 2011, win another ring, doubtful. Outside of 1 year deals, Cuban wasn't going to find out.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Cuban also said the Mavs were in a better position without Deron Williams... correct me if i'm wrong here but why the hell would you try so hard to sign Deron with Dallas in the off-season if you thought you were better off without him.

123936897710778633277143.png

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...-been-if-they-had-signed-deron-williams.html/

Yea, that is just plain moronic. What it does is allow you the cap space to assess more players to see if they're worth keeping. Williams gives you a 1a and 1b. Their goal all along, after allowing the championship team to walk was to get in on Deron or Dwight to add around Dirk. Deron failed, Dwight is close to another fail.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

This is spot on.

Kiyaman

Legend
well jason kidd was steling money from him! all of this year just like he will do to the knicks he was good when he was in nets but the last 3-4 season he has been less than average except on D! but las year he was just playing like ****:barf:jeremy one handed lin torched him! imagine that! Derek fisher last year helped more than him!:agreed:

Cuban owe Kidd bigtime .. there was no-way the Mavs were ever going to make it to the Finals with-out Kidd's strong leadership, and coach Rick Carlisle getting on the same-page with Kidd. FA Shawn Marion join the Mavs for the sake of playing with Kidd again. Rick Carlisle pulled strings of getting the missing-piece to the Mavs roster by trading for the Bobcats center Tyson Chandler.

Cuban paying Dirk all that money in 2010 is left with Dirk loyalty to fill the seats in American Airlines arena in Dallas .. Cuban showed no loyalty toward Tyson Chandler and Barea who wanted to stay Mavs. When Cuban went after Odom's contract in a trade, that really made Mavs players see Cuban soldout the Mavs future in a repeat to the Finals .. Cuban's loyalty to a championship roster for a repeat in a short 66 game season comes first.

I still believe it was Tyson Chandler who recruited Kidd to New York under Mark Cuban nose .. Tyson Chandler knows HOF Kidd's strong leadership as a player/coach is what coach Woodson need to have great success from Stat & Melo individual performance.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Cuban owe Kidd bigtime .. there was no-way the Mavs were ever going to make it to the Finals with-out Kidd's strong leadership, and coach Rick Carlisle getting on the same-page with Kidd. FA Shawn Marion join the Mavs for the sake of playing with Kidd again. Rick Carlisle pulled strings of getting the missing-piece to the Mavs roster by trading for the Bobcats center Tyson Chandler.

Cuban paying Dirk all that money in 2010 is left with Dirk loyalty to fill the seats in American Airlines arena in Dallas .. Cuban showed no loyalty toward Tyson Chandler and Barea who wanted to stay Mavs. When Cuban went after Odom's contract in a trade, that really made Mavs players see Cuban soldout the Mavs future in a repeat to the Finals .. Cuban's loyalty to a championship roster for a repeat in a short 66 game season comes first.

I still believe it was Tyson Chandler who recruited Kidd to New York under Mark Cuban nose .. Tyson Chandler knows HOF Kidd's strong leadership as a player/coach is what coach Woodson need to have great success from Stat & Melo individual performance.

24 million over 3 years, not enough? Kidd was in the 2nd year of that last contract with the Mavs. Would not be surprised if Tyson got in Kidd's ear after Deron's decision. In order to get Tyson, the Mavs had to be rebuffed by Lebron, Bosh, and Joe Johnson. Mavs at the time held a 12 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Erick Dampier, and tried to parlay that into a sign and trade for those 3. When that failed, they saved the Bobcats some cash, by taking Chandler. Marion also signed with the Mavs because the Mavs had an 8 million dollar unguaranteed salary in Jerry Stackhouse, whom they parlayed in a sign and trade for Marion...for nothing. Cuban maybe unloyal, but he knows the CBA in and out and is not afraid to benefit from it. He even tried to get Kidd to agree to that 3rd year contract to be unguaranteed.....shrewd.

Lets fa e it. Texas is a bellish desert filled with ignorant racists. Kidd couldnt wait to get out. He gave a verbal to cuban which is shady but the knicks is nyc where everyone wants to play thats not a moron (lebron).