Who has more to prove this season?

Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

• Total voters

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;248177 said:
I mean f*ck, dudes! Look at our first 12 games.

Thu 01 @ Brooklyn 7:00pm
Fri 02 vs Miami 8:00pm
Sun 04 vs Philadelphia 12:00pm
Mon 05 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm
Fri 09 vs Dallas 7:30pm
Tue 13 @ Orlando 7:00pm
Thu 15 @ San Antonio 8:30pm
Fri 16 @ Memphis 9:30pm
Sun 18 vs Indiana 12:00pm
Tue 20 @ New Orleans 8:00pm
Wed 21 @ Dallas 8:30pm
Fri 23 @ Houston 8:00pm

20 motherf'ing MILLION dollars! He better be ready, cause a slow start to this season resulting in losses will hit him right between the goggles.
Gaaagghhhhh! :wallbash:

The above schedual are a Knicks 8-4 record start with Stat being apart of the offense ..
we added Kidd, then Felton for more ball-movement to make sure Stat is apart of the offense this season.
Tyson Chandler had no substitute that brang-touhness last season, so we added Camby & Kurt Thomas toughness to give Tyson rest throughout the season.

We added veterans to this Melo vs Stat Knicks-team for a reason this offseason .. all that who-team? is out the window with Kidd & Camby on the block .. This is coach Woody's-Team now....Woodson will prove the Knicks can win the Atlantic Division Title.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
The above schedual are a Knicks 8-4 record start with Stat being apart of the offense ..
we added Kidd, then Felton for more ball-movement to make sure Stat is apart of the offense this season.
Tyson Chandler had no substitute that brang-touhness last season, so we added Camby & Kurt Thomas toughness to give Tyson rest throughout the season.

We added veterans to this Melo vs Stat Knicks-team for a reason this offseason .. all that who-team? is out the window with Kidd & Camby on the block .. This is coach Woody's-Team now....Woodson will prove the Knicks can win the Atlantic Division Title.

Agreed, games against Houston, Orlando, NO and other bottom feeders must be won to ensure the best record possible. Really impressed with our offseason acquisitions, hoping ball movement flows well this season. Melo played really well in the olympics with the ball constantly moving.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
At the end of the day both Stat & Felton have something to prove this season, hopefully both will play up to their potential however....

I still feel STAT has more to prove this season and here is why

(Amare 2010 "THE KNICKS ARE BACK') is actually the last thing i can remember that STAT actually said and lived up to since he's been part of the Knicks, am i wrong here? he had one hell of a season and did bring the Knicks back, but after that 2010 season majority of the crap Amare says yeah it sounds good in the interviews but on the court it's looked like complete $HIT

-THE 2011-2012 SEASON AMARE STOUDEMIRE

---AMARE says during the offseason "he's been working on his 3 pointer and ball control especially making moves to the basket"

(Now maybe i'm blind or something but i didn't see improvement in not one of those areas he mentioned)

---AMARE says ?We?re going to hunt in South Florida. You know what we?re going to hunt down there, right? We?re going to hunt LeBron and D-Wade?. I got the rifle, man.?

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME? not only did they kick our a$$ during the season but we barely got one win out the playoff series)

---AMARE says ?I firmly believe in his offensive play. I think offensively he?s a genius, but I do think we need to get better defensively,?

(Where was YOUR defensive effort last season??? we all know you were never taught defense, we all know Dantoni never preached defense but that is no excuse to not give an EFFORT)

Ok i can go on and on about comments stat made but, i'm sure you guys are getting my point, Stat talks the talk but hasn't proved he can walk the walk on the court (At least not since 2010) Amare can talk all the yadi yadi yada he wants, but when your one of the leaders of your team and your making all these statements yet your not backing them up on the court, not only should you feel like your disappointing yourself, but your fans and your team as well (especially when you have high expectations of a championship).

Amare is looking good so far this season, hopefully he can regain form and dominate like we all know he's capable of... BTW heres one of his recent statements

?Defense is the key to win championships, that?s something I?m dedicated on also, to become a much, much better defensive player. It?s going to happen. It?s a matter of preparation and practice and getting that chemistry down on that end of the court.?

http://theknicksblog.com/uncategorized/stoudemire-on-team-defense-2/

This shouldn't even be a debate about who has more to prove this season, Amare makes the most bold statements in his interviews, whens the last time he backed up one???

cmonson1.gif

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Im not a great fan of Stat or Felton but ....

At the end of the day both Stat & Felton have something to prove this season, hopefully both will play up to their potential however....

I still feel STAT has more to prove this season and here is why

(Amare 2010 "THE KNICKS ARE BACK') is actually the last thing i can remember that STAT actually said and lived up to since he's been part of the Knicks, am i wrong here? he had one hell of a season and did bring the Knicks back, but after that 2010 season majority of the crap Amare says yeah it sounds good in the interviews but on the court it's looked like complete $HIT

-THE 2011-2012 SEASON AMARE STOUDEMIRE

---AMARE says during the offseason "he's been working on his 3 pointer and ball control especially making moves to the basket"

(Now maybe i'm blind or something but i didn't see improvement in not one of those areas he mentioned)

---AMARE says ?We?re going to hunt in South Florida. You know what we?re going to hunt down there, right? We?re going to hunt LeBron and D-Wade?. I got the rifle, man.?

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME? not only did they kick our a$$ during the season but we barely got one win out the playoff series)

---AMARE says ?I firmly believe in his offensive play. I think offensively he?s a genius, but I do think we need to get better defensively,?

(Where was YOUR defensive effort last season??? we all know you were never taught defense, we all know Dantoni never preached defense but that is no excuse to not give an EFFORT)

Ok i can go on and on about comments stat made but, i'm sure you guys are getting my point, Stat talks the talk but hasn't proved he can walk the walk on the court (At least not since 2010) Amare can talk all the yadi yadi yada he wants, but when your one of the leaders of your team and your making all these statements yet your not backing them up on the court, not only should you feel like your disappointing yourself, but your fans and your team as well (especially when you have high expectations of a championship).

Amare is looking good so far this season, hopefully he can regain form and dominate like we all know he's capable of... BTW heres one of his recent statements

?Defense is the key to win championships, that?s something I?m dedicated on also, to become a much, much better defensive player. It?s going to happen. It?s a matter of preparation and practice and getting that chemistry down on that end of the court.?

http://theknicksblog.com/uncategorized/stoudemire-on-team-defense-2/

This shouldn't even be a debate about who has more to prove this season, Amare makes the most bold statements in his interviews, whens the last time he backed up one???

cmonson1.gif

u got it all wrong .. Stat is a team-player who been to the Western conference Finals on the strength of Marion & Joe Johnson team-leadership 2004-5, on the strength of Marion & Nash team-leadership 2006-7, and a third time on the strength of Nash & Grant Hill team-leadership 2009-10.

Melo had something to PROVE at the start of each season in the NBA ....
Will Melo high-scoring get his team pass the first round playoff?
In 9 season in the NBA Melo has only went pass the first round playoffs one time, and that was on the strength of Big-Shot Chauncey Billups taking over the Denver Nuggets team in 2008-9.

Melo's ex-teammate Kenyon Martin 2nd season in the NBA took the Nets to the "FINALS" on the strength of Jason Kidd team-leadership 2001-2, plus Kenyon Martin & Jason Kidd went back to back FINALS the following season 2002-3, and in the 3rd straight season K-Mart & Kidd's Nets team went 7 games in a playoff series with the Championship Detroit Pistons 2003-4.
Explain why PF-Kenyon Martin & SF-Melo got swept in the first round in 2004-5 season? and then a 5 game sweep the following season with Iverson, Camby, K-Mart, and Melo?

When it comes to the POSTSEASON games .. Carmelo Anthony has more to PROVE than any Knicks player, except JR.Smith.
The Poll shouldve been Melo or JR.Smith???

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
u got it all wrong .. Stat is a team-player who been to the Western conference Finals on the strength of Marion & Joe Johnson team-leadership 2004-5, on the strength of Marion & Nash team-leadership 2006-7, and a third time on the strength of Nash & Grant Hill team-leadership 2009-10.

Melo had something to PROVE at the start of each season in the NBA ....
Will Melo high-scoring get his team pass the first round playoff?
In 9 season in the NBA Melo has only went pass the first round playoffs one time, and that was on the strength of Big-Shot Chauncey Billups taking over the Denver Nuggets team in 2008-9.

Melo's ex-teammate Kenyon Martin 2nd season in the NBA took the Nets to the "FINALS" on the strength of Jason Kidd team-leadership 2001-2, plus Kenyon Martin & Jason Kidd went back to back FINALS the following season 2002-3, and in the 3rd straight season K-Mart & Kidd's Nets team went 7 games in a playoff series with the Championship Detroit Pistons 2003-4.
Explain why PF-Kenyon Martin & SF-Melo got swept in the first round in 2004-5 season? and then a 5 game sweep the following season with Iverson, Camby, K-Mart, and Melo?

When it comes to the POSTSEASON games .. Carmelo Anthony has more to PROVE than any Knicks player, except JR.Smith.
The Poll shouldve been Melo or JR.Smith???
Dude.. what does Melo or his postseason have to do with anything about this thread or what i just said lol????. It says who has more to prove this up-coming season AMARE or FELTON this isn't a Carmelo or Amare debate, it has nothing to do about a post-season history lesson of Carmelo Anthony nor Amare stoudemire, do you despise him that much? lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-HATE-CARMELO-ANTHONY1/114063018617075

sign up and share your melo rants with them, because what you just said is completely Off-Topic with what i said.

Last time i checked neither Melo NOR Amare have a Championship ring on their finger...if you want to talk post-season

just skimming through this thread and reading some of your comments you stated

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

so your telling me even after the atrocious season Amare had last season he has nothing to prove?? he's perfectly fine, his defense is gonna be great, rebounding gonna to be great, and he's gonna shoot lights out?? not the slightest bit of concern at all with Amare in your opinion right?

star- player in the post-season?? how when he's missed playoff games the last two times the knicks have been to the playoffs

Celtics vs knicks Playoffs- "amare injured doing dunks before the game"

Heat vs knicks playoffs- "Amare injured punching fire extinguisher"

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
The Knicks number 1 important thing to prove ....
Melo & Stat has to prove they can CO-EXIST as teammates

Stat co-existed with 75% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
Melo co-existed with 0% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
Stat's career high scoring average of 22 pts at 53% FGA -vs-
Melo career high scoring average of 24 pts at 45% FGA
Every Knicks offensive-play went through ISO-Melo first ..
Stat was lucky to receive the ball 1 time out of every 5 offensive possession since the arrival of Melo.
Are u sure Stat has more to prove than Melo?

Another one sided "I favor Amare post"

1- Stat arrived with the knicks in 2010 (was the only star on the knicks at the time) and had a training camp to get chemistry down with his team mates

2- Melo 0% co-existed with his teammates in 2 seasons?

Season 1- Traded in the middle of the season (no training camp)
Season 2- Lockout no full training camp (despite that him and chandler co-existed very well)

3-Stat had easy dunks off feeds from Nash all his career of course he's going to have a higher FG%

4-Every play went through melo because melo is clearly a more versatile scorer, if you didn't notice Amare was playing like $hit all season, he had plenty of high percentage shots... just couldn't get it going that season. He seemed to start coming along towards the end of the season though.

Can melo and Amare co-exist?? There doing a pre training camp, they will still have a full training camp, and they have a full 82 game season together... if there was anytime to question that NOW is the time to judge if they can co-exist. All the excuses are out the window after this season IMO.

I'd like to see the ball in Amare's hands more this season, i do agree he needs more touches (pause) hopefully he can bounce back... a training camp would help both and melo and Amare co-exist it's not just up to melo to make it work its up to Amare as well.. dont be so one sided and say "melos the bad guy" about everything

Sure the expectations for Carmelo to perform may be higher, but to say Amare has absolutely nothing to prove is complete nonsense.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I was gonna respond to that too NYK but i didnt even bother

In todays society, the display of open personal lifes and faggotry prove that media controls most people. Its the same way in sports, and for whatever reason Carmelo is frequently painted as the villain here in New York. Somehow, Stat makes the same amount of money but gave us very little (or actually nothing) to brag about last year. Carmelo carried us into the playoffs. Im no Picasso but i see something wrong with this picture

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo has more to prove for the fact that after how he was arguably the best player in the olympics and every prominent pick in his draft class having a ring now except him so that alot of pressure. amare on the other hand has very little to prove simply because expectationsfor him have been lowered and standards as well. If plays like last its what we all expect. Understand we hope him to have a bounce back year but don't expect that. Ifhe has a big year then he played above expectations. Melo is my choice for most to prove

LeBron and Bosh would not have rings if they didn't run to Miami, every one else signed for cheap and the NBA didn't guide them too it

Darko did **** for his ring

Carmelo only has to prove he can be a leader, score, rebound and defend more efficiently and play off of the ball a little more to let STAT get his off. And maybe get out into transition a little more to get some easy buckets. Win a title or not if he performs at a high level and gives it every once of energy he's got for the rest of his career Carmelo will be fine ring or not. LeBron will forever be known as the bitch who needed a stacked team to win a title

Kiyaman

Legend
I was gonna respond to that too NYK but i didnt even bother

In todays society, the display of open personal lifes and faggotry prove that media controls most people. Its the same way in sports, and for whatever reason Carmelo is frequently painted as the villain here in New York. Somehow, Stat makes the same amount of money but gave us very little (or actually nothing) to brag about last year. Carmelo carried us into the playoffs. Im no Picasso but i see something wrong with this picture

It didnt take a rocket scientist or media to evaluate the Knicks roster performance when compare to the Denver Nuggets performance after the Melo-Trade in 2010-11 season.

The lockout did have the majority of NBA top-paid veteran players relax for a lockout season .. however .. the Knicks 8-15 start of the lock-out season showed 23 games of Knicks players who didnt want to perform together as a team. truth or false?

In the lockout season, it took a "Lin-Sanity" moment to bring this Knicks team together, to perform-together, to create together on the offensive-end as well as the defensive-end with a high-energy thats been missing on this Knicks team since Amare consistent streak of 30 point games.

Who put the Knicks lockout season team together to make the postseason?
1) Dolan
2) Grunwald
3) Dantoni
4) Woodson
5) Melo
6) Amare
7) Tyson Chandler
8) Lin-Sanity

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk ....

:2cents::2cents:
In Walt Cylde Frazier 4 key factors to the Knicks 2012-13 season, who is he "indirectly" mentioning has the most to prove this season?

On Wednesday, ESPNNewYork.com caught up with Knicks legend and MSG analyst Walt Frazier at NYC's Pier 78, where his likeness was unveiled on a double-decker sightseeing bus. Gray Line New York was celebrating Frazier's induction into its "Ride of Fame" campaign, which honors exemplary New Yorkers.

Through their conversation, Clyde revealed four main keys to the Knicks season, which are:

1. Health: "I'm very optimistic about the season. I really like the new acquisitions: [Marcus] Camby, [Jason] Kidd, [Raymond] Felton. Amare [Stoudemire] seems to be healthy now, Carmelo [Anthony] seems to be thriving from the Olympics. I saw him. He's in the best shape I've ever seen him in. I like the new coach and his focus on defense. Our two rings in the past [in 1970 and '73] came from defensive intensity. I think the big question mark is: Can they stay healthy? Kidd is an older player, Camby, so if those guys can stay healthy, that's key. Also, teamwork and defense. Those need to be the catalysts."

2. Adjusting: "The onus is on the coach to make them buy into the system and play their particular roles, especially Amare. Will he be better coming off the bench or with the first unit? Will he accept whatever he has to do? But I think they have to look at [LeBron] James and what he did this year to win a championship, how he changed his game. Whatever he had to do, that's what he did. I think the onus is going to be on Melo to do that. He's the guy that, if they're going anywhere, he has to take them."

3. Defense: "Under [Mike] D'Antoni, we were always a poor defensive team, and now we change the coaches and defense becomes our strength. I was impressed with how [Mike Woodson] really reached the players, especially Melo. I thought Melo really responded well to what Woodson wanted. And that's going to be the key, having a veteran coach. He reminds me of Red Holzman. He's laid back, a players' coach, but when he has to be tough, he can crack the whip."

4. Melo: "He has to be more versatile. He can't just go out and get 30 points. He's got to get some rebounds, he's got to defend. I told him that he should be a 20, 10, 5 guy. He has the ability to do it. I mean, come on. He's a much better shooter than James. He can score, he can rebound when he wants to -- he's proven that -- he can play defense. He just has to do it consistently."

Any other thoughts ....

CoolClyde

:2cents::2cents:
In Walt Cylde Frazier 4 key factors to the Knicks 2012-13 season, who is he "indirectly" mentioning has the most to prove this season?

Any other thoughts ....

"But I think they have to look at [LeBron] James and what he did this year to win a championship, how he changed his game. Whatever he had to do, that's what he did. I think the onus is going to be on Melo to do that. He's the guy that, if they're going anywhere, he has to take them." "

Kiya quoting Clyde has turned the tide in this thread, and I have to agree with him, that Melo
should have been included along with Stat and Felton as the one with the most to prove.

Clyde is saying that Melo must become more like Lebron to lead this team to not only the playoffs,
but to become champions. Melo always has the capability to score more than anyone in the league,
even more than Lebron, but it's up to Melo to lead this team, to get rebounds and dimes, to become
the 20, 10, 5 player Clyde has challenged him to become.

Only then will Stat and Felton and every other Knick live up to the potential to become NBA champions,
and that's what we're looking for this season and the next, this 2-3 year window with 1/2 a squad of
geriatric players on their last legs. Melo must lead by his effort, by his overall game, and help the
rest of the squad improve their game. It's Melo or bust.

i'm not sure what Clyde is talking about re STAT coming off the bench. unless he's referring to STAT
not co-existing with Melo, and becoming the most dominant 6th player the league has ever known.
I mean, THAT STAT would be something else to contend with. i just don't see it. $20M 6th man?
nah.

good post Kiya, i'm on your side re Melo.

KingCharles34

All Star
I cant really agree with Clyde Frazier, I thought Carmelo was a batman that needed a Robin. He could play a little smarter offensively and he could definitely play better defense but lets not forget the team was basically crippled last year in the playoffs.

Lin was out
Shumpert got hurt
Chandler was sick
Baron got hurt
Stat hurt his hand and was never right to begin with
Jeffries was hurt
Novak was useless
JR Smith couldnt hit a shot

And somehow it comes down to Carmelo needing to do more. I dont think he could be any better offensively then he was the last month of the season and in the playoffs. It was hard for him to look good against the Heat with their defense and with the few remaining healthy players we had. When i think about it, I dont even know how he managed to average 27.8 and 8.2 rebounds against the Heat. He scored 41 points in game 4 that got us our first playoff win in years. Against Lebron and Battier, two of the best defenders in the league. Dont forget Wades help defense, he made it tough for Melo at times. Carmelo still canceled out Lebron offensively and averaged more rebounds then him.

Stat needs to man up or get shipped the f*ck outta new york. His fashion feminine side embarrasses me as a fan and hes even more feminine on the court

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I cant really agree with Clyde Frazier, I thought Carmelo was a batman that needed a Robin. He could play a little smarter offensively and he could definitely play better defense but lets not forget the team was basically crippled last year in the playoffs.

Lin was out
Shumpert got hurt
Chandler was sick
Baron got hurt
Stat hurt his hand and was never right to begin with
Jeffries was hurt
Novak was useless
JR Smith couldnt hit a shot

And somehow it comes down to Carmelo needing to do more. I dont think he could be any better offensively then he was the last month of the season and in the playoffs. It was hard for him to look good against the Heat with their defense and with the few remaining healthy players we had. When i think about it, I dont even know how he managed to average 27.8 and 8.2 rebounds against the Heat. He scored 41 points in game 4 that got us our first playoff win in years. Against Lebron and Battier, two of the best defenders in the league. Dont forget Wades help defense, he made it tough for Melo at times. Carmelo still canceled out Lebron offensively and averaged more rebounds then him.

Stat needs to man up or get shipped the f*ck outta new york. His fashion feminine side embarrasses me as a fan and hes even more feminine on the court

See Cool Clyde.... this is what im talking about.

We have KO members who dont understand the high-value of adding Melo to an already playoff bound Knicks team.
Melo's main objective-coming to the Knicks were to replace two ($8M contract) players offense & defense performance in SF-Wilson Chandler & SF-Gallo, Melo cost us $20M per. plus the price of Knicks tickets went sky high the same day Melo became a Knicks.

If u dont know ask someone ....
The only Knicks player who had something to prove in the Knicks postseason games were our 9 year career first rounder Carmelo Anthony.

Syracuse coaches and Nuggets coaches couldnt get Melo to play defense.

Amare & Felton has equal amount of effort to prove on this team as Melo does, however Melo role as our number-one obtion on offense has a little more to prove.
It was Melo job in the postseason to get Novak in on the offense, why? because the only time Battier/Wade/Lebron let Novak be open is when Melo was dribbling the ball (Novak was wide open).

KingCharles34

All Star
It wasnt quite like that Kiya, Melo did make an effort to set up his teammates and at times he fed them beautifully, the problem was everybody besides Carmelo still went cold. Novak couldnt even hit an open shot, same with JR Smith

I dont know anyone with the same expectations you have for Carmelo, I havent seen other posters saying he needs to cancel out Gallo and Chandler.

Carmelo's expectations should be more focused around his abilities and what he did before we aquired him.

Melo's not the dumbass that gave himself that deal and hes not the dumbass that signed Stat to roughly the same deal. Look Im a Melo fan and I dont think hes worth 20 mil, very few players are...maybe 3 or 4. At least he comes much closer to earning his salary then Amarknee does