Ronnie Brewer out six weeks

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
torn meniscus

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Knicks G Ronnie Brewer will be out 6 weeks after surgery for meniscus tear in left knee. Injury happened w/in last 2 weeks.

p0nder

Starter
wow, that sucks! he was gonna be the stop gap solution for Iman's injury and now he's hurt??? hmmm. whats up brewer? what did ya do???

CA7

Scoring Champ
wow, that sucks! he was gonna be the stop gap solution for Iman's injury and now he's hurt??? hmmm. whats up brewer? what did ya do???

he'll be ready opening night he'll be out 3 full weeks according to Hahn and then rehab for 1.5 to 2.5 weeks still gives him some training camp and maybe a pre-season game or 2

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ronnie Brewer ‏@RonnieBrewerJr
If y'all haven't already heard I had successful meniscus surgery. Started rehab this morning. Minor setback for a major comeback.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Sounds like he'll be back for the regular season, well if anything, it'll give us a chance to look at some 2 guards of various variety, ranging from rookie free agents to 1-2 year/overseas player looking for an NBA job.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Why are people high on guys like Josh Howard and Donte Green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finestrg

Rotation player
Friggin' injuries, I swear man...Please God, no more!!

Well, I think the pendulum may have swung back over to needing another viable 2G more than another big now. For what it's worth (and I can tell ya right now the Knicks probably don't like any of these guys), these are a few players I'd consider to replace Brewer for the interim:

Chris Douglas-Roberts - Real slick with the ball. Crafty. Very good scorer. Like him a lot. Always did. So what that he's not a great 3-pt shooter. He ain't bad either and he can score it about 1000 other ways..Already proven at the NBA level. He was good for the Nets and Milwaukee.

Scotty Hopson - His game is a mix of Marshon Brooks/JR Smith. Very talented. Too talented not to be playing in the NBA right now.

Jamelle Horne - Reminds me of Quincy Pondexter a little. Some Trevor Ariza/Dahntay Jones. Better 3-pt shooter than any of these guys really and just as athletic..Good 2-way player. He'd be an awesome glue guy here.

KC Rivers - Remember this guy from Clemson a few yrs ago? Game kinda resembles Kareem Rush with some Anthony Peeler/James Harden (not quite as athletic). 6'5" 210 lefty 2G that can really stroke it from deep. Also played good defense in colllege too from what I remember. Can rebound a little bit too..A left-handed Kim English maybe (good 3-pt shooter with defense).

CDR is still officially a free agent I believe. He'd be my 1st choice. We could probably ink him up tomorrow if we wanted to...The other 3 may all be under contract over in Europe somewhere. If I couldn't get CDR, I'd look into buying one of these other guys out of their current Euro. contract (how much could it possibly be?) and offer one of them a job over here. We're back to having JR Smith as our only true 2G now. I don't know if Flight's the answer and although I like what I've seen from Copeland (dude can shoot), I don't know if he's mobile enough to play the 2 on either end in the NBA. He looks like more of a SF to me. I was OK with the Brewer/JR Smith combo at SG but now with Ronnie going out (that's 2 SGs down now with knee problems -- hopefully Ronnie and Shump both come back 100% but what guarantee do we really have? What if their recoveries take longer than expected? Wouldn't want to rush either guy and then have to deal with setbacks), I'd definitely think about getting another legit 2 for depth. Can never have enough depth (I'm talkin' quality depth), esp. when you're already starting behind the eight ball AND when you have championship aspirations...What about Sonny Weems? That guy ain't half bad man. Anyone scoop him up yet? There's options here..

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Cool, so are guys like Lou Amundson and Sean Williams but few here seem to have a serious hard on for Josh Howard and Donte Green.

whatevs, it's all about improving the squad/bench,
everyone's entitled to their opinion on who the X-factor is.
i just think JoshHo is better than SeanWill, IMHO.

i'd rather have Lou, but he ain't signing for $1M.
ya gotta be realistic re quality player we can get for the minimum,
and what position they'd play.

finestring talking Chris Douglas-Roberts, now THAT kid can ball!
does Glenwaldo see beyond his Dolan-colored glasses? who know?
with Brewer hurt, i just hope he does something soon with pre-camp
starting next week.