Walt "Clyde" Frazier Bus-ted!!!

tiger0330

Legend
I get it bus-ted like in Grey Line Bus. Thought for a minute Clyde was busted for DUI like a lot of pro athletes lately but then I remembered he doesn't drink. Any of you check out his restaurant yet.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think Clyde wants to see Melo start at PF

Walt Clyde is an NBA and more important a Knick legend and I agree with almost everything he says because the dude knows more about basketball than I will ever know

But....this whole Amare off the bench is just foolish when people say it.

1.Amare is a top 10 if not top 5 PF in this league

2.Who do you play at the starting 4? I love Melo as a 4...but as a backup/injury relief not as a long term solution.

3. He's paid to be a starter it would look just goofy to have him coming off the bench

Melo is an offensive mismatch against 3's or 4's so no need to make him starting 4 we he can score on 3's all the same

Stat and Melo can work...and will work....they have not even played a full 82 games together yet and I'm not talking a full 82 game season...I mean they have yet to be in the lineup together for 82 total games!!!!

Give it time...when things don't work right away and bold moves are made to correct them it plays out like The Isiah Era.

When cooking a slow cooked meal and it doesn't taste good right away... don't add more to it just let it simmer and come together!!!!

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
I'm hopeful Melo-STAT can and will work, I just don't like that Melo and STAT "laugh" when people say they can't play together.

It hasn't worked so far, and there's nothing funny to me about a .500 record.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I think Clyde wants to see Melo start at PF
Carmelo is even more of a beast at the 4, and seems to be even more defensively active. I wouldn't mind him playing the 4 full time.. he'll have a mismatch every night. You can say were giving up size but.. half the PF's in the NBA range from 6'8-6'10 Melo is 6'8 himself and a very good rebounder. PLUS look at the NBA today we have LEGIT POWER FORWARDS moving over playing center in the NBA anyway. (KG-center, DUNCAN-center, BOSH-center this season, HORFORD who is a originally a PF has been playing center for quite some time. We'd be in trouble if we had to go up against the Lakers though thats for sure.

Felton
Brewer
Novak
Melo
Chandler

Prigioni--- would be getting playtime / P&R with Amare
Kidd----6'4 big enough to play SG, (at least until shump returns then he can move back to PG) / can Knock down the 3
Jr Smith----6'6 can cover the sf position off the bench
Amare----Could be a nightmare for any team if he's coming off the bench.
Camby----Defense will always be their in the paint.

Walt Clyde is an NBA and more important a Knick legend and I agree with almost everything he says because the dude knows more about basketball than I will ever know

But....this whole Amare off the bench is just foolish when people say it.

1.Amare is a top 10 if not top 5 PF in this league

2.Who do you play at the starting 4? I love Melo as a 4...but as a backup/injury relief not as a long term solution.

3. He's paid to be a starter it would look just goofy to have him coming off the bench

Melo is an offensive mismatch against 3's or 4's so no need to make him starting 4 we he can score on 3's all the same

Stat and Melo can work...and will work....they have not even played a full 82 games together yet and I'm not talking a full 82 game season...I mean they have yet to be in the lineup together for 82 total games!!!!

Give it time...when things don't work right away and bold moves are made to correct them it plays out like The Isiah Era.

When cooking a slow cooked meal and it doesn't taste good right away... don't add more to it just let it simmer and come together!!!!
Amare still being a top pf in the NBA just makes us stronger and him more lethal off the bench and a nightmare for any team, but we all know STAT's not going to ride the bench.. maybe when he's like 35 or something.

Amare is not Ginoblii, Ray allen, Harden, etc etc i mean even bosh was willing to come off the bench in the playoffs... but Amare is way to c0cky and conceited to approve coming off the bench it'll probably mess up his "Image" around the league :lol: & on top of that the "Amare and Melo cant coexist rumors will be sky high in the media

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Clyde's Wine and Dine

CoolClyde checked out Clyde's Wine and Dine. the place is sharp and HUGE,
with great images of Clyde all around, a ceiling of his suits, and a mini half-court.
below is a shot of yours truly and patented hook shot at the W&D court.

Clyde shows up A LOT, and when he does, he mingles constantly, a true host.

the food is okay, prices are not astronomical, unless you're buying drinks...
located a few blocks from MSG. recommended.

lots of photos on ClydeFraziers W&D facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ClydeFraziers

interior pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.209337509175393.44743.170580476384430&type=3

coolclydes.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
This is the reason why I wish we still had "Marv Albert" who wouldve steadly reminded us Knicks-Fans of all our fowards from Kurt Thomas, Frye, Lee, Balkman, W.Chandler, Zach, Harrington, and Gallo all had great scoring games vs the Carmelo Anthony Denver Nuggets.
The only Knicks starting-foward that was a BUST vs the Denver Nuggets were Jefferies .. the Denver Brawl.

Carmelo Anthony at the PF spot is a all-day JOKE on the defensive-end

KingCharles34

All Star
This is the reason why I wish we still had "Marv Albert" who wouldve steadly reminded us Knicks-Fans of all our fowards from Kurt Thomas, Frye, Lee, Balkman, W.Chandler, Zach, Harrington, and Gallo all had great scoring games vs the Carmelo Anthony Denver Nuggets.
The only Knicks starting-foward that was a BUST vs the Denver Nuggets were Jefferies .. the Denver Brawl.

Stop it Slime
stopit.png

Ehh you are significantly older then me, i guess i should respect my elders. I apologize for that Kiyaman

But seriously my dude, are we gonna act like Amarknee Fashion queen ballerina silky velvet rainbow Stouderetire is any better then Anthony defensively?

The only thing i give Amerie the edge over Carmelo in is turnovers. Hes better at turning the ball over :smokin:

KBlack25

Starter
But seriously my dude, are we gonna act like Amarknee Fashion queen ballerina silky velvet rainbow Stouderetire is any better then Anthony defensively?

The only thing i give Amerie the edge over Carmelo in is turnovers. Hes better at turning the ball over :smokin:

Saying Carmelo is better than Amare on defense is like saying gonorrhea is better that AIDS.

Sure one might be better than the other, but it doesn't make Carmelo any good.

KingCharles34

All Star
Saying Carmelo is better than Amare on defense is like saying gonorrhea is better that AIDS.

Sure one might be better than the other, but it doesn't make Carmelo any good.

I agree with this

Kiyaman was sh*ttin on Carmelo's lack of defense but he forgot Stoudemire was on this team. It seems like most posters on here have an itchy trigger finger or i should say itchy typing finger when it comes to posting negativity about Carmelo.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

:) but Amare on the defensive end is the best thing you've ever seen i'm sure of it.

I'll take Carmelo's joke defense over this any day

tiger0330

Legend
CoolClyde checked out Clyde's Wine and Dine. the place is sharp and HUGE,
with great images of Clyde all around, a ceiling of his suits, and a mini half-court.
below is a shot of yours truly and patented hook shot at the W&D court.

Clyde shows up A LOT, and when he does, he mingles constantly, a true host.

the food is okay, prices are not astronomical, unless you're buying drinks...
located a few blocks from MSG. recommended.

lots of photos on ClydeFraziers W&D facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ClydeFraziers

interior pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.209337509175393.44743.170580476384430&type=3

coolclydes.jpg
CoolClyde showing off his game. What time did you go to Clyde's, there's nobody on the floor. The two times I've been there you had to call Next if you wanted to play, there were so many people using the basket lol.

Food is more than OK to me, my favs are the Philly Cheese Steak and the mussel appetizer. I see Clyde had the bus stop in front of his place, good way to get about 50 customers to your place.

282180_286450554797421_1768556835_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
I also think that Melo should play as a PF rather and have STAT come off as our 6th man. Melo played really well when he had to play the PF role before this season ended.

KingCharles34

All Star
If Stat plays like a bum the first month of the season Id say its time for Melo to get that starting job at PF. But we can only go so far if Stat takes another year off. We need him, hes gotta man up and hold sh*t down

:) but Amare on the defensive end is the best thing you've ever seen i'm sure of it.

This is what we saw all last year from Stat, really his whole career. Hes never known how to defend but for the first time in his career hes entering a training camp with a defensive coach. The sad thing is Stat still has the strength and speed to be a great defender.

Kiyaman

Legend

real-funny LOL .. the NBA best defensive PF lies in Rodman, then Mchale & Duncan.
Amare's career has double the postseason experience than Melo, especially vs Duncan.

Real Talk ....
Reloaded.... if u knew anything about Kiyaman on KO .. u would know he wasnt happy with the signing of Amare ($100M 5 year plan), so to add another 30 point scoring foward who name wasnt "King Lebron James" was an insult to Knicks team-chemistry.
I would be happy with Melo being a Knicks if our Starting Lineup consist of "Tyson Chandler, David Lee, Melo, Shump, CP3".
Without CP3 & Tyson Chandler we have no use for a high-scoring Carmelo Anthony in a postseason series...

pat

Starter
real-funny LOL .. the NBA best defensive PF lies in Rodman, then Mchale & Duncan.
Amare's career has double the postseason experience than Melo, especially vs Duncan.

Real Talk ....
Reloaded.... if u knew anything about Kiyaman on KO .. u would know he wasnt happy with the signing of Amare ($100M 5 year plan), so to add another 30 point scoring foward who name wasnt "King Lebron James" was an insult to Knicks team-chemistry.
I would be happy with Melo being a Knicks if our Starting Lineup consist of "Tyson Chandler, David Lee, Melo, Shump, CP3".
Without CP3 & Tyson Chandler we have no use for a high-scoring Carmelo Anthony in a postseason series...

Kiya, should I be scared to agree with you more an more? Do I somehow get sucked into your conspiracy universe or is it a mere coincidence? ;)

KingCharles34

All Star

Real Talk ....

Does Amare's postseason experience really mean that much? Nash made Amare and he made Dantoni. Those two woulda been average without Nash