Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Borderline

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
toughness as in physical style of play, attitude as in getting into players heads

Sheed would fit with our "STAT line up"- STAT, Sheed, Novak, Smith, Felton. Felton and STAT running the pick n roll with Smith, Novak and Sheed stretching the floor.

Rebounding, meh he'll get boards I'm not worried about his career numbers

defense of course he fits our style

Sheed averages 7 rebounds a game, how are you not worried? You're insane. Sheed is 6"11 and 250 lbs.

Our STAT line up? The worst rebounding line up of all time? SMH.

finestrg

Rotation player
Sheed averages 7 rebounds a game, how are you not worried? You're insane. Sheed is 6"11 and 250 lbs.

Our STAT line up? The worst rebounding line up of all time? SMH.

Yeah I agree -- Amar'e & Sheed together may not offer enough rebounding (Melo could offset that a little bit though -- he's a good rebounding SF). But overall I like the flexibility Woody would have up front with all these guys -- start the game with Chandler/STAT 5/4, then sub in Camby/Sheed 5/4...You'd get basically the same things at all times -- defense & rebounding at the 5 and offensive at the 4. The centers would complement the PFs perfectly...Then Woody can mix and match accordingly -- he can go twin towers with Chandler/Camby against certain teams for extra D & rebounding, Chandler/Sheed, Amar'e/Camby, Camby/Sheed, etc...Plus, if KT's actually got anything left, he could be an option...Not bad. Pretty good actually when you think about all the different combinations.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Why does everybody forget about Kurt Thomas? I've been sayin it all offseason, dude can still ball. Its not like he was ever that athletic, he hasnt really lost anything because he didnt have much to lose. He just does a great job of positioning himself defensively and for rebounds and he can still knock down an open mid range jumpshot. 2 years ago with Chicago he made a difference for them almost every time he stepped on the court. He had an 18 rebound game when Noah was out, last year he had some good games with the Blazers. Didnt really get many minutes but was always productive with the minutes he had. Hes sorta like camby in the sense that he can come into the game and control the boards. Hes undeniably worthy of minutes

KBlack25

Starter
All I'm going to say is when the Lakers were rumored to have signed Sheed last season everyone said it was a great move.

Now I see the Knicks getting mocked for it.

Depends on how Sheed played - really the goal is to make sure if/when Tyson is in foul trouble we aren't totally exposed down low. Don't need Sheed to be a stud. Just need a competent 10-15 minutes per game.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiyaman could probably answer this with that total recall of his but how many guys 38 years old and out of the game for 2 years have made it back and contrbuted anything. Last guy I remember was Rod Strickland who the Rockets picked up at 36 who was out of the game for less than a season, he lasted for about 10 games before they released him.

The Knicks are going to have a few months to evaluate him but lets be real it's a long shot that he makes the team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Kiyaman could probably answer this with that total recall of his but how many guys 38 years old and out of the game for 2 years have made it back and contrbuted anything. Last guy I remember was Rod Strickland who the Rockets picked up at 36 who was out of the game for less than a season, he lasted for about 10 games before they released him.

The Knicks are going to have a few months to evaluate him but lets be real it's a long shot that he makes the team.

A few months?? More like a few weeks.

Wargames

Starter
all these bigs means posting up is going to be a problem then add in guys like Shump, Felton, Kidd, and Brewer on the perimeter and running the ball wont be easy too. I know these guys are old but they will run the system and if Woodson is a long term coach it will just be placeholders for the type of role players needed in the future. Melo and Amare mostly finesse style of play need a team of goons to keep opponents honest.

Also I will say this I wanna see shump and Wallace do some trash talking on one of these prima donna stars on a punk team like Brandon Jennings just get shut down and knocked out. Thats what I want... even if the knicks can't win it all every team should be like "damn the knicks aren't a joke" and have to work to beat them...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
all these bigs means posting up is going to be a problem then add in guys like Shump, Felton, Kidd, and Brewer on the perimeter and running the ball wont be easy too. I know these guys are old but they will run the system and if Woodson is a long term coach it will just be placeholders for the type of role players needed in the future. Melo and Amare mostly finesse style of play need a team of goons to keep opponents honest.

Also I will say this I wanna see shump and Wallace do some trash talking on one of these prima donna stars on a punk team like Brandon Jennings just get shut down and knocked out. Thats what I want... even if the knicks can't win it all every team should be like "damn the knicks aren't a joke" and have to work to beat them...

I agree w the bit bout Melo n Amare being finesse players and needing all the manhandlers we can get.

For this reason I'm not averse to bringing Sheed in.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I agree w the bit bout Melo n Amare being finesse players and needing all the manhandlers we can get.

For this reason I'm not averse to bringing Sheed in.

Melo is not a finesse player. He's probably the most physical offensive player in the whole league.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Count Tyson Chandler among those who think Rasheed Wallace has something left.

After taking the last two seasons off, Wallace worked out at the Knicks practice facility, and is considering signing with the team. And after seeing him work out, Chandler thinks Wallace can help.

?He looked good,?? Chandler said Wednesday at a charity event featuring his photography, including pictures of former Knicks Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields.. ?Rasheed can be a great addition to us.?

Despite his extended break from the NBA, with Wallace?s last game action coming with Boston in the 2010 Finals, Chandler said Wallace still has skills that can help the Knicks.

?I hope he [comes],? Chandler said. ?I don?t know what the situation is, butHe?s a great communicator on defense and we know he can knock down the open 3 and jump shot.??

?To have myself and Amar?e [Stoudemire] with Marcus Camby and Rasheed as backups ... That?s pretty nice.?

Chandler and many of his teammates have been participating in informal workouts at the team?s practice facility. One additional set of eyes there this week has been Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, who has been working with Chandler, Stoudemire and others on post moves.

Chandler said he?s already noticed a difference.

?They?re going great, man,? Chandler said. ?I couldn?t ask for a better supporting cast. I couldn?t ask for a better big man to be on my side to work with than Hakeem, to work on moves and be supportive and encourage me and practice them.?

He said he has noticed a different feeling around the facility, as the players get ready for training camp to kick off Monday.

?It?s a feeling that you have before you win,? he said. ?I?m excited about it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...Dar5fFSCGfI?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo is not a finesse player. He's probably the most physical offensive player in the whole league.

Is he more physical than Lebron?? Your last assertion is clearly wrong.

Umm he plays a perimeter game.

Yes he scores on the inside and rebounds decently but so do/have other great perimeter scorers.

Getting the ball on the wing and going to work there= finesse player

He's not Charles Barkley for crying out loud.

KingCharles34

All Star
At times Melo can be as physical as anyone else, when he plays his bully ball but in my opinion i wouldnt mind see him do more of that. The way i look at it, Lebron is the most physical SF, Melo's somewhere between Lebron and Durant. Durants the least physical of all them but his efficiency and team play makes him better then Melo. But with a few small tweaks, Melo can be on par with anyone

Actually, I gotta say World Peace is the most physical SF. Watch how he goes at Blake Griffin next time Lakers and Clippers play. Not so much offensively but defensively and the way he boxes out has me speechless. I remember he basically boxed out Blake Griff, had the dude pinned and easily grabbed the rebound. His strength at SF is on a level by itself, hes stronger then most players at any position in the game

At times Melo can be as physical as anyone else, when he plays his bully ball but in my opinion i wouldnt mind see him do more of that. The way i look at it, Lebron is the most physical SF, Melo's somewhere between Lebron and Durant. Durants the least physical of all them but his efficiency and team play makes him better then Melo. But with a few small tweaks, Melo can be on par with anyone

Actually, I gotta say World Peace is the most physical SF. Watch how he goes at Blake Griffin next time Lakers and Clippers play. Not so much offensively but defensively and the way he boxes out has me speechless. I remember he basically boxed out Blake Griff, had the dude pinned and easily grabbed the rebound. His strength at SF is on a level by itself, hes stronger then most players at any position in the game

Melo hasn't played bully ball in almost 4 years. When he was a slasher first and shooter second there was no man on earth who could stop him, once guys get a little jumper they cant stop shooting it. Look at Monta in 07-08, he shot 53% and when he got a jumper he shoots mediocre 43-45%. If we get SLASHING Melo (we wont) our team can go as far as they want, but Melo shooting us out of games wont get it done.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Sheed went out dropping a solid per 36, he can still be a factor. Maybe the time off has given him some restorative opportunity and now he can come in and drop the open trey, he can dish it sometimes off the key, he can give the attitude and bully the other team and he's good for 6 fouls. You can't beat that.